Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 10:55 PM
Starbuck393
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sdross99
Just bought a 2013 G37x 7AT @50K miles. I notice the transmission kind of "shudders" at low acceleration going from 2nd to 3rd gear and it just seems the responsiveness of the pedal to the transmission is not in sync. I know there has been issues up to 2011 and a re flash of the ECU. anyone know about the 13's? Something I can bring to dealer and have them re-program the transmission for a smoother shifting response?
I got the same car and found that mine starting doing all of this after I changed the battery. It’s been annoying me for a few weeks now. I just did the ecu reset were you able to find a solution to this? I have had the exact same symptoms.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Nkamp15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone with a 2013 ever get resolution with their problems?
I've been battling extremely poor shifting since I bought the car 6 mo. ago. Only 66k miles.
I've tried resetting ECU, drain and refill x 3, and using a professional scan tool to find any error codes but I've had no good results. Nissan/infiniti in GA states there are no updates or TSBs for 2013.
The shifts are so sloppy and the best way I can describe it is it feels like the brakes are being applied briefly between every. single. gear, causing me to constantly be rocking back and forth in my seat.
Anyone else experience this or find a fix?? I am desperate at this point, it's robbed any joy out of driving this car.
My next DIY is going to be a grounding kit, though i dont expect any results, just trying anything I can before I lose my butt on a trade in.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
BigSpoon (02-02-2022)
Old 03-15-2020, 08:28 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
Maybe try a different dealer. I remember when the updates 1st came out they only went up to the 2011's. But i guess enough 2012 owners complained and they released it for us too some years later. I assume enough people haven't complained yet for them to do the same for your year.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Dylanv99

Transmission Reprogramming Help

Originally Posted by bythabay
If anyone wants the latest nissan firmware for the ecu and wants to customize the shift responsiveness of the transmission with ecutek, pm me I can help.

Are you still able to help with this my email is dyylanv99@gmail.com. I have a 2009 G37 Sedan 7AT
Old 10-29-2020, 07:04 PM
Samy Cee
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NixonsHead
I got a TCU/ECM flash a couple weeks ago by an infiniti dealer near me. Huge improvement in shift and throttle response. The weekend before the flash I installed a grounding kit and "felt" a slightly better response in shift speed and smoothness, but the flash made a world of difference for me. 2010 g37x coupe
you think now in 2020 I could find a way to get an update. Had the 2010 trim for over 3yrs now with those same tranny issues.
BigSpoon (02-02-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 02:18 PM
fady88k

tcu firmware

[QUOTE=bythabay;4217713]plz can you help with the firmware for g37x 2009
Old 02-02-2022, 01:28 PM
BigSpoon
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Sadly I can confirm the same or similar issues with my 2010 G37x sh*tty 7AT and here I am updating this nearly 12-year-old thread lol.

EcuTek kit is on the way, hopefully, a reflash will help the shlt shifting/lurching/jerking/hesitation/roughness. But I know from reading that it barely helps if it does anything at all. Other than pulling the trigger on an upgraded valve body, I can't think of anything else that would help this poor transmission.

Seriously have started considering just swapping out to a 6MT. It can't be that hard...
BOOM_FIST (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 09:56 AM
BOOM_FIST
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSpoon
Sadly I can confirm the same or similar issues with my 2010 G37x sh*tty 7AT and here I am updating this nearly 12-year-old thread lol.

EcuTek kit is on the way, hopefully, a reflash will help the shlt shifting/lurching/jerking/hesitation/roughness. But I know from reading that it barely helps if it does anything at all. Other than pulling the trigger on an upgraded valve body, I can't think of anything else that would help this poor transmission.

Seriously have started considering just swapping out to a 6MT. It can't be that hard...
Just acquired my 2010 G37 Journey Sedan 7AT and would love to know if there’s an update for my car. Experiencing the same “issues”.

Is the Dealership software update a better route than say, getting a full custom tune through aftermarket tunes/tuners like EcuTek or Admin Tuning??
BigSpoon (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 05:26 PM
BigSpoon
Registered Member

Hey man, welcome to the 2010 G37 club! lol - This is probably not the thread you want to ask those questions (kinda off topic), but I am only a few months ahead of you with knowledge of these platforms so I'll answer what I know at least!

Originally Posted by BOOM_FIST
Just acquired my 2010 G37 Journey Sedan 7AT and would love to know if there’s an update for my car. Experiencing the same “issues”.

Is the Dealership software update a better route than say, getting a full custom tune through aftermarket tunes/tuners like EcuTek or Admin Tuning??
When you say "update for my car", what are you referring to, the transmission tuning? Outside of the factory TSB and dealer programming, I assume you're referring to aftermarket ECU tuning solutions that claim to be able to improve the transmission shifting slightly i.e. EcuTek, UpRev...

The dealership software update for your car is nothing more than probably some T.S.B re-flash re-program thing. There's ZERO tuning or upgrade aspect to the dealer flashing the ECU/BCM etc... Think of it like your PC or laptop is running slow, so you take it to the Geek Squad or something (lol). They might refresh/reload the entire operating system to get things running better. In this scenario, you didn't gain or lose anything... they simply just reinstalled a fresh, clean Windows operating system and send you on your way.

I'm not sure what the exact process is for the dealer to do any transmission tuning. I'm sure you can find it on the TSB list here? Infiniti G37 TSBs

To summarize, if I understand your question(s) correctly... there is no aftermarket tuning solution that will do much, if anything, for our transmissions. HOWEVER, yes, I think EcuTek is the best aftermarket complete/total tuning package for our cars. I just got my EcuTek kit from Z1 (package deal) and am still trying to figure out how it works lol

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Transmission TSB ITB12-027d.pdf (810.2 KB, 52 views)
BOOM_FIST (02-04-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 06:53 AM
BOOM_FIST
Registered Member

Hey man, welcome to the 2010 G37 club! lol - This is probably not the thread you want to ask those questions (kinda off topic), but I am only a few months ahead of you with knowledge of these platforms so I'll answer what I know at least!

When you say "update for my car", what are you referring to, the transmission tuning? Outside of the factory TSB and dealer programming, I assume you're referring to aftermarket ECU tuning solutions that claim to be able to improve the transmission shifting slightly i.e. EcuTek, UpRev...

The dealership software update for your car is nothing more than probably some T.S.B re-flash re-program thing. There's ZERO tuning or upgrade aspect to the dealer flashing the ECU/BCM etc... Think of it like your PC or laptop is running slow, so you take it to the Geek Squad or something (lol). They might refresh/reload the entire operating system to get things running better. In this scenario, you didn't gain or lose anything... they simply just reinstalled a fresh, clean Windows operating system and send you on your way.

I'm not sure what the exact process is for the dealer to do any transmission tuning. I'm sure you can find it on the TSB list here? Infiniti G37 TSBs

To summarize, if I understand your question(s) correctly... there is no aftermarket tuning solution that will do much, if anything, for our transmissions. HOWEVER, yes, I think EcuTek is the best aftermarket complete/total tuning package for our cars. I just got my EcuTek kit from Z1 (package deal) and am still trying to figure out how it works lol
I appreciate your input! I'm going to start by getting the TSB update. I already have an appointment with the dealership.

Please let me know how your EcuTek tuning goes Lol! I'm interested on how much tuning can be had on a completely stock G37. If it quickens and tightens up the transmission shifting alone, I'll buy it!
BigSpoon (02-14-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 09:18 PM
BOOM_FIST
Registered Member

TSB TCM update

Just got my TCM update according to the latest TSB along with another key fob purchased and programmed.

So far, I can tell a slight difference in normal driving and in DS especially the decel hard 3-2 and 2-1 shifts. The 3-4 accel “shudder” is still slightly there, sometimes. I think it’s too early to really tell.

I’ve really been researching the VR30 swap. It sounds like the way to go for the money.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:02 AM
BigSpoon
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BOOM_FIST
Just got my TCM update according to the latest TSB along with another key fob purchased and programmed.

So far, I can tell a slight difference in normal driving and in DS especially the decel hard 3-2 and 2-1 shifts. The 3-4 accel “shudder” is still slightly there, sometimes. I think it’s too early to really tell.

I’ve really been researching the VR30 swap. It sounds like the way to go for the money.
Funny, I need another key fob programmed too. I recently had an entire new ECU installed by a local dealer. I wonder if they would have updated the TCM per this TSB at that time.

Now I'm tuned wkth EcuTek and massively impressed over stock coupled with my full exhaust. I can see these engines have lots of potential. Now, to improve longevity...

What did the dealer charge for the TCM update, or was it free? Lol I wonder if the dealer would screw up the EcuTek tune. Questions lol
Old 02-17-2022, 07:42 AM
BOOM_FIST
Registered Member

Funny, I need another key fob programmed too. I recently had an entire new ECU installed by a local dealer. I wonder if they would have updated the TCM per this TSB at that time.
Possible, but you can ask them to provide a service work order with your current TCM software version. Since they did the ECU install, they shouldn’t charge you to plug back into your car and run the TCM software check.

Now I'm tuned wkth EcuTek and massively impressed over stock coupled with my full exhaust. I can see these engines have lots of potential. Now, to improve longevity...
I want to pull the trigger on an EcuTek, but I’m staying stock and I’m not sure if it’s worth it at the moment. Looking into other options like the Level10 upgrade or the VR30 swap.

What did the dealer charge for the TCM update, or was it free? Lol I wonder if the dealer would screw up the EcuTek tune. Questions lol
No, they charged me, but the service department manager is super chill. He’s always looked out for me since I’ve been taking it there for everything. Did I mention I’ve been actually taking it to my local Nissan dealership? They’ve been amazing. Infiniti dealership is almost an hour away from me. Nissan dealership is about 15 mins. Lol
Old 06-26-2022, 01:05 PM
andy92129
Registered Member

I have a 2013 G37 with 107536 miles on the ODO... "Service Engine Soon" warning light on 21 June. I brought it to a reputable mechanic and paid $110 diagnostic, they came up with a code P0710 that is translated as a 'transmission fluid temperature sensor' code.

Everything seemed OK and nothing noticeable. I drove it a few days until I could get it to the shop, no issues. The routine transmission service added another $300 and paid another $160 to reprogram Transmission Control Unit.

Is this typical?
Old 06-26-2022, 07:24 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andy92129
I have a 2013 G37 with 107536 miles on the ODO... "Service Engine Soon" warning light on 21 June. I brought it to a reputable mechanic and paid $110 diagnostic, they came up with a code P0710 that is translated as a 'transmission fluid temperature sensor' code.

Everything seemed OK and nothing noticeable. I drove it a few days until I could get it to the shop, no issues. The routine transmission service added another $300 and paid another $160 to reprogram Transmission Control Unit.

Is this typical?
Those are reasonable prices for those services, depending on how well they did the trans fluid service. This 7AT was originally represented to owners as a "sealed unit" with no fluid service necessary. Then it turned out that the service manual had a procedure that is more of a dilution than a replacement, as there is no drain. Then it turned out that dealers all tried to sell you this in spite of the owner warranty/service book saying it wasn't necessary.

Mine's fine at 88K miles. Have done the trans service once, at 60K.

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram