G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On the next service...Trans Reflash! 7aT

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Malu: It's funny because I did not notice these stains until I picked up my car - I waited for oil chnage (free for 1yr in my lease deal) and rorated the tires. They check the car on every service : they put a scanner on it, check and report on tire thread wear, brake linings, etc.... When i picked up after an hour or so, went to a store and noticed this brown staining in the headliner by the moon roof, by the rear door entrance, right above the driver's side door.... I called the service advisor - they said bring right back. I did. I thought it was from oily hands touching the headliner. They tried to clean it, then toold me there is a 'TSB" about it.... It could be a leak of some oily substance from the Moon roof, but I'm not sure. it definetely did not clean up. In fact that made it worse. You know, since the car is under warranty, if the Dealer gets confirm from Infiniti, they pop these new parts in and charge Infiniti. I just hope they put everything back correctly and I don't end up with squeaks and rattles. Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY has been terrific - first with my 2007 G35X and now with my 2010 G37X.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had the reflash done a while back and while it helped some, i still notice the jerking during downshifts when braking as well as the occasional harsher shifts. i tolerate it but wish they would come out with a true fix.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Yosh

My '10 g37x is currently in for service (oil change, rotation, rear window seal issue). I told the service advisor about the trans issue (same symptoms as described in this thread). He said that there are no TSBs regarding the trans. Bummer since I was really hoping they would have said they flashed it. What I do know is that the '09 loaner I have is WAY smoother to drive than my '10.

For those that had the flash done, does your service paperwork give any more details? I'd really like to bring them something other than a printed-out forum thread.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
spect2k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having the same issues and am bringing it in in a couple of weeks to have it looked at. I hope they will give me the reflash as well.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 PM
bcohen23

2011?

Interesting. I just purchased my G37 last week. I have noticed that it has been shifting a little rough. This morning I was slowing down...car was downshifting and it locked pretty hard down into 1st gear. Is this update/reflash available for 2011's?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Noddy11

I just took my 2010 G37X in for its first oil change and mentioned the transmission problem to the service guy. He seemed aware of the problem and said they would take a look. When I picked up the car he said they did apply an update, and the car is much improved.

The service ticket says "perform reprogramming ECU per service bulletin", so I guess it's "official". More importantly they washed and vacuumed it and got all the salt and grit off.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Noddy11, I am bringing in my car for service next week, I'm wondering if you have more specific info on your reflash such as TSB reference # or something?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Noddy11

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
Noddy11, I am bringing in my car for service next week, I'm wondering if you have more specific info on your reflash such as TSB reference # or something?
I don't have anything like that I'm afraid. The only other thing it says on that line item of the invoice is "Transmission Concern - IP106". I don't know if that means anything or if it's just that dealer's part number for the work.

The "service bulletin" part makes it sound like Infiniti has sent something out to its dealers about it, so I would think they are all aware of it. There are people on here who know a lot more than I do though, so maybe someone has more specifics.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Noddy11
I don't have anything like that I'm afraid. The only other thing it says on that line item of the invoice is "Transmission Concern - IP106". I don't know if that means anything or if it's just that dealer's part number for the work.
Thanks Noddy11! I'll mention "Transmission Concern - IP106" to the service adviser and see what she will do.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Morrissey

My dealer didn't do anything for me
Old 12-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Redfox

Automatic transmission 7 speed reflash

My vehicle is a 2009 G37 Journey Sedan with approximately 15,000 miles on it. The manufacturing date is 08 of 2008.

When brand new, the G had a decidedly noticable downshift at 30 and then 20 mph. Not teeth jarring mind you - but it really slowed the car down. In September of this year at around 13,000 miles, I had an engine sputtering/stalling problem. Dealer performed a reflash of my air flow meter. This cured the engine faltering and resulted in both the 30 and 20 mph downshifts all but disappearing. However - I now had a new downshift problem. When coasting in to a stop sign or stop light with my foot on the brake, the transmission would sharply (and harshly) downshift at 15 mph. This would NOT occur however if I reached 15 mph and was not breaking at the time. I complained to the dealer and they informed me that my G was "by VIN" eligible for both a 7 speed automatic transmission and an engine reflash. I took the G in last Monday (12/20) and had them perform the reflashes as part of my 15,000 mile service. The 7AT is now performing very smoothly. No rough downshifts at any speed. Acceleration is still good also. I recommend these reflashes for those who are experiencing rough downshift with the 7AT