G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best fit exhaust system for the G37 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
never had a chance to play with FI. I had the Stillen Exhaust it sounds nice on the outside but loud in the inside(it was okay for me but my folks were annoyed). I later went with 5zigen Fireball. It is similiar to Stillen but IMO better due to the fact that it is not as loud on the inside as Stillen was and you get the low tq back from it. I now have MXP exhaust but take it for what it is worth
Old 09-21-2010, 05:30 PM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen has the best flow and horsepower return. Personally it has exactly the sound that I wanted... not too loud, but aggressive enough to turn heads and then really growl when punched. Of course the performance return is ideal. YouTube - Stillen Exhaust G37
Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Ron

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guys,

I have had my Tanabe on for a few months and it appears to be resonating at the tips and is driving me mad. Must be the SS tips. I will install my stock muffler to see if it stops if not will consider another axel back, any suggestions?

Ron
Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron
Guys,

I have had my Tanabe on for a few months and it appears to be resonating at the tips and is driving me mad. Must be the SS tips. I will install my stock muffler to see if it stops if not will consider another axel back, any suggestions?

Ron
Why not consider a cat back? I just installed the ARK Grip on my sedan and it sounds great.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:05 AM
OMG35S

Buy a full cat-back exhaust system or if you want something with a nice tone get an axle-back exhaust.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Ron

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Something I might look into

Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
Why not consider a cat back? I just installed the ARK Grip on my sedan and it sounds great.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
you wrote it.....now you owe this thread an audio and/or video clip.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MOB
you wrote it.....now you owe this thread an audio and/or video clip.
As soon as it stops raining and the weather improves, I'll work on getting either an audio or video clip, there really is not much out there on clips for the ARK sedan model. I really wanted to get the exhaust broken in, before doing anything. But I would be happy to...
Old 01-07-2015, 02:45 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Seems like the biggest contenders for full CBE systems is tied between Ark and Fast Intentions - at least on the G sedan platform. I see many members here with either of those two systems, few have the GT HAUS, some have Tanabe. Keep in mind some systems only fit the AWD models and some are strictly for RWD models.

I opted for a full FI system - FI Resonated HFCs and a 2.25" CBE system with x-pipe + 12" resonators. I have since swapped the X-Pipe to one without resonators and am about to swap the FI RFHCs for a set manufactured by Z1 Motorsports. I'm looking for a deeper tone and hoping that removing the resonation from the HFC area, I will achieve that goal.

You have plenty of options to choose from - some cost more than other - it all depends on what you feel would satisfy what you are looking for and how much money you are willing to spend.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:30 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
LOL, just saw the date of this thread. Kind of old for a bump, no?
Old 01-07-2015, 03:56 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
ARK Grip, Mines on the way, Exoticspeed SOUNDS amazing. Have it now but sold it :/ Needed a change. Don't caught up on RWD and AWD the RWD systems will fit as long as the Y pipe looks like a Y and not a V. Trust me, My exotic speed was for a RWD coupe, I bought it put it on my X coupe tunred the X coupe in and put it on my X sedan, ONLY thing I change was going to the sedan and had to change the muffers placement that's it
Old 01-07-2015, 04:08 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
ARK Grip, Mines on the way, Exoticspeed SOUNDS amazing. Have it now but sold it :/ Needed a change. Don't caught up on RWD and AWD the RWD systems will fit as long as the Y pipe looks like a Y and not a V. Trust me, My exotic speed was for a RWD coupe, I bought it put it on my X coupe tunred the X coupe in and put it on my X sedan, ONLY thing I change was going to the sedan and had to change the muffers placement that's it
About 4 years too late guys but I guess it's still relevant.......
Old 01-07-2015, 06:51 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
LOL, just saw the date of this thread. Kind of old for a bump, no?
I have no clue how I didn't see the thread dates. Also I swear this popped up on Sedan page. How weird.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:46 PM
conquistador
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I bought eBay/manzo/m2 or whatever they go by (cheap Chinese replicator) and I can say without a doubt that they aren't the best fitting haha

I paid 300 shipped for a full cbe so I guess you really do get what you pay for. A review and YouTube is forthcoming.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
I'll play in the old bumped thread (LOL Connor)

My Fast Intentions cat-back was put on order over Xmas, targeted for a March 2015 installation. I ordered it in 2.5" diameter, with 18" resonators, matched up to a pair of FI RHFC's that were installed in March 2014.

I wouldn't go so far as to say FI and ARK have equal share of the Sedan forum's business... more FI than ARK, IMO, like maybe 2:1. But I would agree they're probably the top two. That said, I suspect Stillen get's more sales than the both, but not so much by people here on myG37.com. At least, not anymore. Maybe 5 years ago, sure.

If you go upscale, GT Haus takes the crown. And if you go downscale, probably TopSpeed and Invidia.

And for axle-back setups, the Tanabe Medalion. Nice tips on the Tanabe.

Quick Reply: What is the best fit exhaust system for the G37 Sedan?