G37 Sedan

Q50 Eau Rouge Driven - Worth The Money?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 12:31 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Q50 Eau Rouge Driven - Worth The Money?

Been following this Eau Rouge for a while now. Certainly seems like a stout car. For over $100K - it better be.

Not sure i'd pay that much for it (if i had it to spend) when you condifer all the other cars in this price range.

Will any HP Sports Sedan drivers buy one of these over an Aston Martin, Porche, Jaguar, Merc, AUdi, BMW, etc?

Why not just buy a GTR for that price?

Driving The Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Prototype
Old 10-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea

Old 10-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
If I recall correctly, Infinity has pretty modest production numbers--100 to 250 units. I dont think they'll have any problem moving that many cars.

I'm a die hard manual transmission kinda guy, so I'd pass. But I also dont have $100K laying around to spend on a car either
Old 10-06-2014, 02:04 PM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I wonder if similar questions were asked when the GTR was being prototyped; is this a car that Nissan can sell?
It will be interesting to see how it plays out
Old 10-06-2014, 02:56 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chris_s
I wonder if similar questions were asked when the GTR was being prototyped; is this a car that Nissan can sell?
It will be interesting to see how it plays out
True - guess the GTR isn't your typical Nissan either. But it is it's own car - meaning it's not based on another car and has it's own sheet metal. The Eau Rouge still looks like a Q50 from the outside - even with the added body bolt on's.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:24 PM
lippstuh

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Been following this Eau Rouge for a while now. Certainly seems like a stout car. For over $100K - it better be.

Not sure i'd pay that much for it (if i had it to spend) when you condifer all the other cars in this price range.

Will any HP Sports Sedan drivers buy one of these over an Aston Martin, Porche, Jaguar, Merc, AUdi, BMW, etc?

Driving The Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Prototype
Your last question answers your first question.

Infiniti has no heritage; they haven't proven themselves and their products. They are the lowest-selling luxury brand. In fact, their sales have declined since their rebrand (this is expected). So without any heritage and a lot to prove, would any sedan drivers buy this over any of the car brands you listed?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:07 AM
socialconflicts

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
that vinyl looks dope... matte red. im loving matte metallic blue and satin pearl white (heavy maintenance)
Old 10-07-2014, 07:57 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Best post ever by Black Betty
Old 10-07-2014, 08:50 AM
chris_s

Originally Posted by lippstuh
Your last question answers your first question.

Infiniti has no heritage; they haven't proven themselves and their products. They are the lowest-selling luxury brand. In fact, their sales have declined since their rebrand (this is expected). So without any heritage and a lot to prove, would any sedan drivers buy this over any of the car brands you listed?

what about using the Lexus LFA as a case study? Lexus had never made a supercar, they'd barely made a sporty car at that point. Their brand revolved more around old people and cushy boring cars.
But even priced WAY higher than the competition, the LFA was a very well reviewed vehicle
Old 10-07-2014, 08:51 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
As appealing the car may be, even if I could spend that kind of money on a vehicle it wouldn't be on an Infiniti. I love the brand but for $110+K you can get a better brand with more performance. IE: BMW M6, Audi RS7, etc. The Audi would be my choice for that kind of money, if I were looking into a power sport sedan.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:52 AM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree with Warped Ideas, for $100k+ i wouldnt buy an Infiniti. Especially when it shares the same body with a $40k car. The Audi R8 would be my weapon of choice. To me, $100k cars are not just fast but also special. The Lexus LFA isnt a very fast car. It is just a very special one. Im not buying the whole idea of putting a big engine into a regular sedan and calling it a special car with limited Run. After watching reviews on Youtube, i think that is what Infiniti is doing with this car
Old 10-07-2014, 11:30 AM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
The masses claimed there wasn't a marketplace nor buyer for the Porsche Panamera. Then "they" said there wasn't a need for a diesel or a hybrid Panamera, both of which sell. How about a Porsche SUV? Blasphemy! Cayenne has been around for 12 years now. With that, I believe the Eau Rouge will sell just fine as a limited production car with a run of 4-5 years. Doctors and lawyers do get tired of parking next to other AMG's and M's at the country club. The owner of my wifes business recently sold his Fisker Karma because he was "starting to see them everywhere"... <- this is the pompous Eau Rouge buyer Infiniti can count on.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:42 AM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4WDve
I agree with Warped Ideas, for $100k+ i wouldnt buy an Infiniti. Especially when it shares the same body with a $40k car. The Audi R8 would be my weapon of choice. To me, $100k cars are not just fast but also special. The Lexus LFA isnt a very fast car. It is just a very special one. Im not buying the whole idea of putting a big engine into a regular sedan and calling it a special car with limited Run. After watching reviews on Youtube, i think that is what Infiniti is doing with this car
You need to see the British Top Gear review of the LFA. Apparently it's blindingly fast and has some of the fastest gear changes they've ever experienced.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:03 PM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You need to see the British Top Gear review of the LFA. Apparently it's blindingly fast and has some of the fastest gear changes they've ever experienced.
I will do. I made that claim after watching the Motor Trend video LFA vs GTR. The Lexus barely beat the early model GTR in 1/4 mile. It is still one hell of a car though. Love that exhaust note.
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (10-10-2014)
Old 10-07-2014, 01:33 PM
chris_s

Originally Posted by 4WDve
The Lexus barely beat the early model GTR in 1/4 mile.
yeah, and Usain Bolt barely beat Seabiscuit in the 200M backstroke, so what?

Quick Reply: Q50 Eau Rouge Driven - Worth The Money?