Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

*FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Infiniti Guy
Another issue with Infiniti is the prehistoric Navigation. The voice recognition is worthless. I say Oregon and it says Florida. Infiniti is going to have to do a lot of work to earn my business back if ever.
Sincerely, " The owner you though would be quiet and go away without being heard"
The nav in my 2010 has been flawless. In fact, it's far better than the system that was in the Lexus I just got rid of.

Voice recognition isn't a perfect technology, and it relies on the user to have perfect diction, etc. If your accent or the tone of your voice isn't in the middle of the bell curve, it might have problems with how you say "Oregon".

I've always thought of the voice recognition as more of a sales gimmick anyway. By the time I go through all of that crap, I can just enter it by hand.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
infiniti guy - not quite sure how Infiniti let your issue go to BBB court since there is a fix out for this. several member, including myself, have already gotten it. but either way congrat on winning your case! now you can get a 2010 g37s with the new nav (but sounds like your done with Infiniti)
Old 03-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Infiniti Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951
The nav in my 2010 has been flawless. In fact, it's far better than the system that was in the Lexus I just got rid of.

Voice recognition isn't a perfect technology, and it relies on the user to have perfect diction, etc. If your accent or the tone of your voice isn't in the middle of the bell curve, it might have problems with how you say "Oregon".

I've always thought of the voice recognition as more of a sales gimmick anyway. By the time I go through all of that crap, I can just enter it by hand.
I have had several people try to input addresses into the voice recognition and no luck. I haven't found 1 person that can use the navigation in my car and get past the "street address" question. My problem is, if they cant fix the voice part, then remove that damn lock so I can manually input and address wile on the road. I find myself pulling off the road/freeway every day looking for a place, so that I can manually impute a location.
That is poor technology. My 05 BMW 545I never had this issue.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Infiniti Guy

Originally Posted by beerme986
infiniti guy - not quite sure how Infiniti let your issue go to BBB court since there is a fix out for this. several member, including myself, have already gotten it. but either way congrat on winning your case! now you can get a 2010 g37s with the new nav (but sounds like your done with Infiniti)
I have had the noise since the day I purchased the car. I have been very upfront with Infiniti and told them they must fix this issue or buyback the car. The sound was so constant and loud that I was getting headaches. Infiniti gave me the run around just as they have with many other people with the same issue. I just put my foot down with them, documented every conversation and brought my case up with BBB. Infiniti Consumer affairs is worthless, you might as well be talking to a wall. The rep I was working with would just repeat himself over and over. "Infiniti is aware of the issue and it working on it", "Infiniti's stance is this noise is a characteristic of the vehicle, you need to learn to deal with it"

Well, Now Infiniti has a bad wrap and they are dealing with it. I can't wait to turn in the car and see their faces.
I have the last laugh now .
Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Infiniti Guy
Well, Now Infiniti has a bad wrap and they are dealing with it. I can't wait to turn in the car and see their faces.
I have the last laugh now .
You can be sure that they're as glad to be done with it as you are. Most of the people you dealt with were not decision makers, and probably hated being stuck in the middle of this mess.

There's no winner here. Infiniti loses a customer, you lose an otherwise great car. Good luck with your next purchase.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:27 AM
BlueFlash

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up....
The noise has returned, but it is much quiter.
How do I know that it's the noise and not something else, well it is gas pedal dependent and once you've heard this noise before you'll be pretty attuned to it...
What am I planning to do? Just wait, and hopefully it worsens because if I brought it in now it would be easy for the techs to say that they don't hear it.
I'm really starting to hate this car. Anyone experince this?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 AM
worldcrafter

take it in for the problem again. you're one step closer to lemoning it i figure
Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 AM
chie888
Registered Member

Not good news...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
BlueFlash

Worldcrafter, I don't think people will hear it, do you think I should demand them test it with a stetoscope?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:11 PM
atlantag37

Originally Posted by BlueFlash
Worldcrafter, I don't think people will hear it, do you think I should demand them test it with a stetoscope?
mine is fine now.

Last edited by atlantag37; 05-27-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
BlueFlash

Atlanta, when did it come back and has it intensified with time? What are you planning on doing?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm mine has not come back yet. *knock on wood*
Old 03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
worldcrafter

Originally Posted by BlueFlash
yeah the service guys should have a stethoscope in their shop, go for a test drive with one of the tech guys and have them listen to the ecu with a stethoscope for the noise
Old 03-09-2010, 07:52 AM
KLB

How is a stethoscope going to help them hear a frequency they can not hear? That seems to be one of the bigger problems with getting this identified, a lot of people can not hear that frequency.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
looslip

My car is going in for this fix next week. The service manager said that normally he can't hear high pitches but was able to hear mine right off the bat and was even able to hear it over the radio! He did mention that the reported fix was to swap the ECM.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out when I get my car back. Wish me luck.

Quick Reply: *FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*