Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

*FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*

Old 02-09-2010, 11:36 AM
BlueFlash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm being given the run around by consumer affairs, now I have to wait till Friday to get an update, if I don't hear anything after that point I'm getting a lawyer involved
Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
FatBoyG37S

Hi,

I have the 2010 G sedan...and want to know what type of sound do you guys hear so I can listen for it on my car too.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM
x95stacey

Originally Posted by FatBoyG37S
Hi,

I have the 2010 G sedan...and want to know what type of sound do you guys hear so I can listen for it on my car too.

Thanks.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...oise-poll.html
Old 02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
rbacag37

t8er,

Any update?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM
worldcrafter

i went for a drive with one of the techs at my dealership and he confirmed the noise. the car sometimes even makes a little gurgling sound when depressing the accelerator as wel. i heard it a bit during the drive but the tech couldn't.

the service guy said there's no tsb or fix out but they will call the nissan hotline or whatever and will get back to me.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
JohnsG37x

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by beerme986
dealer called said the part came in, my car is going in tomorrow morning for the fix. cross your fingers everyone!

beerme986 - I see you're from Philly too. What dealership are you going to and who are you dealing with? I want to get this fix too, but don't want to have to convince them that the problem exists.

Regards,
John
Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
jbrady3324

Originally Posted by JohnsG37x
beerme986 - I see you're from Philly too. What dealership are you going to and who are you dealing with? I want to get this fix too, but don't want to have to convince them that the problem exists.

Regards,
John
Same here. Phili is not far from me.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 PM
BlueFlash

Originally Posted by worldcrafter
i went for a drive with one of the techs at my dealership and he confirmed the noise. the car sometimes even makes a little gurgling sound when depressing the accelerator as wel. i heard it a bit during the drive but the tech couldn't.

the service guy said there's no tsb or fix out but they will call the nissan hotline or whatever and will get back to me.

pooling info from various sources online it seems that perhaps Infiniti is not implementing this possible fix on all the cars (my case is being decided this week-no one really even knows what my options are) because it is a prototype fix which they are testing on a few customer's cars (which is why a few people did get the fix).

Now if it doesn't work in the long term-this way they minimize bad publicity and lengthen the process it would take to Lemon Law these cars (after all, they are keeping your car out of the shop, which when documented is used to build a case for Lemon Law)
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NO MORE NOISE!! the fix has been applied and now it is silent driving it's like a different car.

The part number on the work order says engine control module - 23710 - 1ND6C

under some notes it says, replace ecm, program keys,

If you dealer says there is no fix, I would tell you to call consumer affairs and have them address the dealership themselves.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 PM
jbrady3324

NO MORE NOISE!! the fix has been applied and now it is silent driving it's like a different car.

The part number on the work order says engine control module - 23710 - 1ND6C

under some notes it says, replace ecm, program keys,

If you dealer says there is no fix, I would tell you to call consumer affairs and have them address the dealership themselves.
What dealer did you go to? I would like to have my dealer contact yours or possible I will just drive to yours. Seems a bit easier than customer affairs.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
beerme986

fyi, i believe a TSB is rolling out for this. infiniti just released this fix early because people couldn't wait - from a source at infiniti.

do i get a prize for first one to actually get a fix and pushing my dealer to do it
Old 02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
BlueFlash

fyi, i believe a TSB is rolling out for this. infiniti just released this fix early because people couldn't wait - from a source at infiniti.

do i get a prize for first one to actually get a fix and pushing my dealer to do it

beerme, who was your service advisor and what dealership was it again, PM me!

i'm getting fed up. I was told to wait until Friday which is when the Regional manager was going to tell me the decision. Apparently they want to make sure that my problem is what everyone is experiencing-that's why they didn't want to replace the ECM right away.
At this point i don't have any other option but to sit and wait...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 PM
beerme986

pm sent...

and for everyone who is getting the run around, I cannot say enough to CALL CONSUMER AFFAIRS. they are aware of the fix and will call your dealership to let them know. if your dealership is giving you a hard time, tell consumers affairs as well as they will address the issue.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pm sent...

and for everyone who is getting the run around, I cannot say enough to CALL CONSUMER AFFAIRS. they are aware of the fix and will call your dealership to let them know. if your dealership is giving you a hard time, tell consumers affairs as well as they will address the issue.

Thanks so much for keeping us posted....best news I've hear since early October when the noise started in my car!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 PM
beerme986

fyi my dealer was not giving the easiest time about this issue in the beginning. after letting them know I have a case open with consumer affairs about this they seemed to start being more interested on fixing my car might help going in person too. phone calls are so inpersonal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*