Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

*FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
chie888
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope this is not more run arounds! Good luck (to all of us) tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 PM
BlueFlash

if anyone gets any updates, along with any contact info (Consumer affairs, or other Infiniti people) please udpate!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:22 PM
BlueFlash

Originally Posted by beerme986
I spoke with an Evelyn at 1-800-662-6200 option 3. She was very helpful and willing to battle for me. She stated that there was a fix for this but told me it was very complicated and would have a hard time explaining to me on the phone; she specifically said it was a procedure they have to do. Car is going in tomorrow so will update when I have something.
thanx Beerme

btw, can you either Post or PM me your First name, when I call Evelyn i'd like to say that you're a friend of mine.
Thanx

Also, what dealer in Philly did you take your car to?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
BlueFlash

BTW: here is the full writeup from the dealer:

Noticed vehicle was altered with lowering suspension. Raised vehicle in air and noise was still present. Had shop foreman go ride with customer too. He also heard the high pitched noise. Removed drive belt and noise was still present. Reassembled drive belt and removed glove box and shop foreman touch ECM and bracket and pitch of noise did quiet. Removed computer and did cushion with foam and bracket, noise was still present. Shop foreman used stethoscope and found noise coming from ECM. Spoke with Ted on tech line and he informed me that it was a problem being mentioned by customers. But at this time THERE IS NO FIX FOR IT. Explained to customer that tech line says to watch for bulletins. Tech line suggested NOT TO replace ECM or other parts at this time. Investigation Completed.

a few points.

1. (Interesting how they are so quick to point out my lowered suspension-freakin' rats!)
2. They were almost telling me that I should just crank the stereo up-BUT guess what-you can't drown it out.
3. Whoever this guy TED is, i'd kick his *** right here, right now.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha i think its funny they said they raised the car and noise was still present. like dropping a car would cause this noise

i sent you a PM with some of my info.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:17 PM
BlueFlash

called Evelyn and she reffered me to my Distict Consumer guy, i left him a message. I have a case # open and apparently he is looking into it.

I gotta tell you, i'm no lawyer, but going with what the dealer wrote in the paperwork I have a good case to get rid of this car if they can't fix it
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
JohnsG37x

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueFlash
called Evelyn and she reffered me to my Distict Consumer guy, i left him a message. I have a case # open and apparently he is looking into it.

I gotta tell you, i'm no lawyer, but going with what the dealer wrote in the paperwork I have a good case to get rid of this car if they can't fix it

What dealership did you guys go to?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
BlueFlash

PS. no joke, but i think the noise has gotten worse after they went rummaging through my car
Old 02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So in a nut shell, my dealer visit didnt go very well. However on my way out, the shop foreman told me he knew of a fix that and would call Infiniti technical line to get more info. They said they put in a repair order for me.

I called consumer affairs again and they gave me an update on my case. They said my dealer did call the technical line and they have ordered a part. I believe she said it was am ECU control module, but dont quote me on that.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 PM
BlueFlash

Originally Posted by beerme986
So in a nut shell, my dealer visit didnt go very well. However on my way out, the shop foreman told me he knew of a fix that and would call Infiniti technical line to get more info. They said they put in a repair order for me.

I called consumer affairs again and they gave me an update on my case. They said my dealer did call the technical line and they have ordered a part. I believe she said it was am ECU control module, but dont quote me on that.

Beerme,

sounds like we are getting slightly different treatment...

I just got off the phone with the Regional Consumer Affairs guy (he was a pleasure to deal with). According to him, the dealership gave me the correct info. He also told me that there is conflicting information in the air about whether there is a fix or whether there is not.
He said as of now, the entire Dept is reviewing my case and he will be communicating with some other big wig.
In the end i told him that I want options to the problem, he agreed, after all his department wants to make sure that every customer is satisfied.
So overall, i get the feeling that they are trying to figure out how to proceed with this case, which makes me believe that THERE IS NO FIX YET!
He said I will hear on Tuesday about what Infiniti has decided.

However, I gotta tell you guys. Compared to the EX35 which i got as a loaner, the noise that my car is making is MUCH louder. You can actually hear it if the radio is turned up on low to medium volume....

Kinda sux, I guess i'll be driving my wife's R32 in the Blizzard we are expecting at the Jersey shore
Old 02-05-2010, 04:22 PM
worldcrafter

i'm bringing my coupe to the dealership on monday for this issue, i'll let them know about the fix you guys are mentioning. thank you very much for this post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh for christ's sake - there's still no actual, dealer-communicated fix? I might as well go back to GM. I am so tired of the 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'
Old 02-06-2010, 12:54 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Dynamat! lol
Old 02-06-2010, 12:58 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
^^ hey - I've seriously considered dynamatting the whole goddang front firewall.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:57 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
i finally heard it... it's just the frequency the bcm runs on... they're looking into it for a while now from corporate but no answer yet. i only heard it w/ the radio off but i never drive in silence anyways

Quick Reply: *FIX for high-pitch frequency noise*