G37 Sedan

To buy the G37x Sedan or not....

Old 12-21-2009, 12:58 AM
drahc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To buy the G37x Sedan or not....

took quick look around forums for this answer... most had to do with the coupe rear seats...

I have an immediate need for a vehicle, and going to be test driving the '09 G37x Sedan this week and curious on the rear seat sizing and putting in an infant front facing seat or an infant front facing AND potentiall a rear facing new born next year... Own the usual fam mid size SUV that is used for family motoring. G37x Sedan would be when needed for me to transport when say wife is at work and I'm home, etc. Should I go for it? Friend used to have the G35x Sedan and loved it and said no issues with kids in the back... even had a major accident in it with his wife and safety was unbelievable (minivan avoiding another car hit rear end causing it to spin out across four lanes and flip...) Took insurance money and he now has the IS350, wishes he got the G37x from the convo we just had when I asked about his old G35x. So for those out there with the sedan.... good with the kids? After lengthy online research (no test drives yet) the G37x Sedan is my top choice.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:17 AM
colburs

I am two weeks into a G37S sedan and have the same situation. Just came off owning a 4Runner for five yrs. Had two kids while owning an SUV the most recent of which was 6 weeks ago. I am 6'3" and in the G37 can fit my two year old front facing behind the drivers seat. My seatback is pretty close (he pushes on the seat with his feet) but there's enough room for him. The newborn rear facing is on the passenger side and my wife has to sit in front of her (wife is 5'3") and it works fine. There's not enough room behind me to even think about a rear facing seat.

They're not big cars but can fit kids seats ok. If I had two rear facing I wouldn't have been able to get the car.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Canadian144

OK, right now I'm 16, and about 6 foot 1.

Currently, if I sit in the back, my head touches the roof. However when we first got the G35x when I was 13 or 14, I was very comfortable in the back seat. There was ample headroom and legroom. Previous to the G35x, my mom had a Mercedes Benz C320, and the G35x felt much roomier to me, even though when we got the G35x I was older and taller.

Since my mom never really has anyone/anything in the back seat, we are trading in the G35x for a G37x coupe for her for Christmas...going to pick it up on Wednesday when she is out of town in a business meeting and then park it at the neighbors place and then say that her car is in for service.

But yeah...I can't help you with the baby seats but I can highly recommend the G37x as a nice family car, hah.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Uho001

i am so happy with my g37xs, very entertaining on icy road, however if you more concern about safety of your kids get a suv.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:36 PM
drahc

Local dealership called me to come in for a test drive, said bring my son and his car seat... transfered it in and it fit fine on the side rear seats. Thanks for feedback.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:58 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Sounds like you have a good dealer! Just for the heck of it, check out the new Taurus SHO as well.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Uho001

you may also get a sh-awd TL if you can live with that ugly face.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:02 PM
JonfromCB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by drahc
took quick look around forums for this answer... most had to do with the coupe rear seats...

I have an immediate need for a vehicle, and going to be test driving the '09 G37x Sedan this week and curious on the rear seat sizing and putting in an infant front facing seat or an infant front facing AND potentiall a rear facing new born next year... Own the usual fam mid size SUV that is used for family motoring. G37x Sedan would be when needed for me to transport when say wife is at work and I'm home, etc. Should I go for it? Friend used to have the G35x Sedan and loved it and said no issues with kids in the back... even had a major accident in it with his wife and safety was unbelievable (minivan avoiding another car hit rear end causing it to spin out across four lanes and flip...) Took insurance money and he now has the IS350, wishes he got the G37x from the convo we just had when I asked about his old G35x. So for those out there with the sedan.... good with the kids? After lengthy online research (no test drives yet) the G37x Sedan is my top choice.

DRAHC....Traded a M35X for a G37Xs in August. Honestly, the
G is not making me happy with the quirky 7AT, laggy throttle
response and expensive oil changes.....If I had to do it over I
would look at the Volkswagen CC, the Acura TL. You might
sacrifice a little speed, quickness and cornering, but you'll
gain mileage and refinement. .....But I can understand
someone just having to have a G . You might want to
consider that the new G has lost the higher "recommended
buy" and residual value resale ratings held by the
G35. I fully expect that all the engine replacements,
oil use, laggy throttle response and qirky 7Speed AT
issues are so well known and written about that
I honestly don't expect it to hold it's value in the
used market compared to the Acura or Volkswagon.

Last edited by JonfromCB; 12-24-2009 at 12:15 PM.