G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Has anyone had a bad experience shipping headlights out to get retrofitted?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Has anyone had a bad experience shipping headlights out to get retrofitted?

Hey all. Just curious if anyone has had a bad experience shipping out their headlights to a company to get retrofitted and what did you do? I sent mine in over a month and a half ago (was told it would be a one week build) and am still waiting. I was told it was "attempted to be delivered by UPS" but I didn't receive any slips on my door ( I think they give three attempts). Now I'm told it was shipped again yesterday but I am still waiting on tracking. I picked this shop because he seems very knowledgeable and does great work by the pics I've looked at.

I paid through PayPal but am wondering if I were to make a dispute, would my headlights be a goner? What I did was buy the OEmassive headlights to use temporarily and planned on just returning/selling them once my customized ones come in.

I'm crazy patient and understand they are busy from black friday/cyber monday but am just baffled they can't just ship my headlights since they are finished.

Thanks for any insight!
Old 12-11-2018, 08:00 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
What company did you send them to?
Old 12-12-2018, 03:39 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
What company did you send them to?
I don't want to publicly call them out since I understand they can be busy/life happens. But I'll PM if you want to know just so you don't get in the same situation as me. It's not one of the bigger named ones like ONeighty/Zworks etc. Just someone recommended from a Facebook group related to z/g's.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:51 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

I was hoping it wasn't ONEighty so that's good to hear. I had a pretty good experience with them on my custom tail lights. I hope you get everything figured out. Post some pics when you finally get them in ha!
Old 12-12-2018, 04:20 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Haha yup. They were actually my first option to ship out to. I should have followed my gut because they would've been returned a long time ago. I was thinking of sending them my tail lights to get the GTR style paint option. Haha, here's to hoping they show up in the first place!
Old 12-12-2018, 04:22 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Yeah I love my GTR tail lights. I purchased a set and shipped them back my factory ones for a core charge refund.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:31 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Oh very nice. Sounds like an easy transaction! I purchased the eBay Depo ones which are pretty neat but I think the GTR ones would look better. Something to think about!
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by iddqd
Hey all. Just curious if anyone has had a bad experience shipping out their headlights to a company to get retrofitted and what did you do? I sent mine in over a month and a half ago (was told it would be a one week build) and am still waiting. I was told it was "attempted to be delivered by UPS" but I didn't receive any slips on my door ( I think they give three attempts). Now I'm told it was shipped again yesterday but I am still waiting on tracking. I picked this shop because he seems very knowledgeable and does great work by the pics I've looked at.

I paid through PayPal but am wondering if I were to make a dispute, would my headlights be a goner? What I did was buy the OEmassive headlights to use temporarily and planned on just returning/selling them once my customized ones come in.

I'm crazy patient and understand they are busy from black friday/cyber monday but am just baffled they can't just ship my headlights since they are finished.

Thanks for any insight!
Always pay by credit card

Telcoman
Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

He's covered through PayPal's Buyer Protection.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:59 PM
iddqd
Registered Member

Yeah, worst case scenario I'll be able to get the money back for the build I paid for. I'm just wondering if my headlights themselves would be gone since PayPal can't force them to return them. I'll wait it out for a week or two and hope for the best. I understand that life happens. Anyways, I have 180 days to start a dispute from the purchase date.
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (12-12-2018)