Sponsored By:

can’t listen to music

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 03:48 PM
DageeGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can’t listen to music

hey guys,
how ya’ll doing? basically, I have a G37x 2012 and my car is not packed with navi (stupid for a ‘12 i know i bought it second hand. apparently it’s an extra and ON TOP of that i don’t have a digital clock on the screen -.-)

the main purpose of this post is; an issue with my aux cable (I connect my iphone 7 with an usb port to listen to spotify.) also, I plugged my phone in my cousins mercedes and the music plays.. but on my G it says ‘no song’.
FYI: it charges my phone..
FYI #2: i could listen with my usb port from my phone to my car. out of the blue, it stopped working.. but i can make phone calls and my car acts normal until i want to play some music. the song plays on my phone but somehow my car can’t recognize it. it’s hard to explain.

I switched my usb port (I made sure the spare one worked properly and it did), I deleted and reinstalled spotify, I disconnected my phone that was linked to my car; I tried everything.. now i’m out of ideas. I looked on youtube, but no luck. it seems like everyone that owns an infiniti had the same issue. if it’s possible, i don’t wish to buy an electronic gadget.

PS: maybe a fuse fried or my aux cord is broken (how? idk it makes no sense because I didn’t do anything differently)

please help me out. thanks in advance 😊

Last edited by DageeGrey; 12-10-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:04 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Cables can be a problem. A real Apple cable sometimes solves this problem. More info in the Tech/Audio, Video & Electronics forum.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Infinitiyauco
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DageeGrey
hey guys,
how ya’ll doing? basically, I have a G37x 2012 and my car is not packed with navi (stupid for a ‘12 i know i bought it second hand. apparently it’s an extra and ON TOP of that i don’t have a digital clock on the screen -.-)

the main purpose of this post is; an issue with my aux cable (I connect my iphone 7 with an usb port to listen to spotify.) also, I plugged my phone in my cousins mercedes and the music plays.. but on my G it says ‘no song’.
FYI: it charges my phone..
FYI #2: i could listen with my usb port from my phone to my car. out of the blue, it stopped working.. but i can make phone calls and my car acts normal until i want to play some music. the song plays on my phone but somehow my car can’t recognize it. it’s hard to explain.

I switched my usb port (I made sure the spare one worked properly and it did), I deleted and reinstalled spotify, I disconnected my phone that was linked to my car; I tried everything.. now i’m out of ideas. I looked on youtube, but no luck. it seems like everyone that owns an infiniti had the same issue. if it’s possible, i don’t wish to buy an electronic gadget.

PS: maybe a fuse fried or my aux cord is broken (how? idk it makes no sense because I didn’t do anything differently)

please help me out. thanks in advance 😊
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Cables can be a problem. A real Apple cable sometimes solves this problem. More info in the Tech/Audio, Video & Electronics forum.

check this video,problem solved 💪🏽💪🏽😁