OBD Port not working HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:40 AM
MystoZay
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OBD Port not working HELP

Hi,

I recently try to connect the obd II reader of a friend in my G37S 2009. The reader would not connect to the car. I tried to search on the internet for the fuse of the OBD port. I know it is using the same fuse as the cigarette lighter and the clock, but I don't know which fuse it is. My cigarette lighter works, but my clock does not work (it is stock at 3pm since i have the car). I find it weird that the cigarette lighter works but not the clock and the obd port... I was wondering where i can find the fuse of the obd port. Also, if the fuse is all good, what would be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your answers!
Old 12-06-2018, 12:13 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,251 Likes on 1,013 Posts
When you say the reader won't connect, what made you determine the port was not receiving power? Did you use a multimeter to test for voltage?

Anyhow, per the wiring diagram in section PG (Power/Ground) of the FSM, fuse #6B (10amp) provides power to the OBD connector and other components (clock- yes, cigarette lighter- no). If the fuse was out you would have other, more noticeable, symptoms.

That said, if the port is receiving power and your reader still won't connect then the issue lies somewhere else. Why were you checking codes? Issues?
The following users liked this post:
MystoZay (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 02:31 PM
MystoZay
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
When you say the reader won't connect, what made you determine the port was not receiving power? Did you use a multimeter to test for voltage?

Anyhow, per the wiring diagram in section PG (Power/Ground) of the FSM, fuse #6B (10amp) provides power to the OBD connector and other components (clock- yes, cigarette lighter- no). If the fuse was out you would have other, more noticeable, symptoms.

That said, if the port is receiving power and your reader still won't connect then the issue lies somewhere else. Why were you checking codes? Issues?
I was checking because when i went to do my alignment, the guy wanted to connect to the car to reset some settings. He told me he could not connect to the port, so I wanted to make sure. For the fuse box, is it the one next to the clutch or the one next to the battery?
Old 12-06-2018, 02:51 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

The fuse box is located in the driver side footwell (next to your clutch). The one next to the battery is the IPDM/ER (Integrated Power Distribution Module/Engine Room).

Fuse 6B is inside the car.

What setting was he trying to reset (just curious)?
Old 12-06-2018, 02:55 PM
MystoZay
Registered Member

The fuse box is located in the driver side footwell (next to your clutch). The one next to the battery is the IPDM/ER (Integrated Power Distribution Module/Engine Room).

Fuse 6B is inside the car.

What setting was he trying to reset (just curious)?
I really don't know. Sorry if i can give a lot of details . I will let you know if the fuse is good or not!
Old 12-06-2018, 04:24 PM
MystoZay
Registered Member

the fuse of the clock was blowed. I changed and now my clock work. I will try soon to connect the obd reader of my friend
Old 12-06-2018, 05:45 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Interesting.
Glad you got it sorted.