Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37 Coupe backup camera black screen

Old 11-29-2018, 10:41 AM
pcwd

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
G37 Coupe backup camera black screen

My 2010 G37s backup camera stopped working yesterday. Black screen with guidelines.

Has anyone experienced this before, and what was the fix?

I took off the trunk liner and use a multi meter to check the red, black, and white wire while someone put the car in reverse. Multi meter detects power to the red, black, and white wires. Nothing on the yellow wire. Is that normal, as I think that is the video out wire from camera?

Also, I found a used backup camera from a G37 sedan. Does anyone know if they are compatible with the coupe?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
M
Old 11-29-2018, 03:41 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Go to discountinfinitiparts.com and look up the part numbers for the coupe camera and the sedan camera then compare.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:32 PM
pcwd

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Found the problem. The wire was broken when I took off the rubber line and grommet going from the interior of the car to the trunk. Can't figured out why it broke as the wires inside the rubber grommet is protected from the outside element, and why it broke now after 8 years. The red wire was broken, and one of the green wire had its plastic shielding broke off exposing the copper wire inside. Fixed both up and the back up camera working again.

Something for you to check if you get a black screen with only guide lines from the back up camera.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:50 PM
Dave Maddox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pcwd
Found the problem. The wire was broken when I took off the rubber line and grommet going from the interior of the car to the trunk. Can't figured out why it broke as the wires inside the rubber grommet is protected from the outside element, and why it broke now after 8 years. The red wire was broken, and one of the green wire had its plastic shielding broke off exposing the copper wire inside. Fixed both up and the back up camera working again.

Something for you to check if you get a black screen with only guide lines from the back up camera.
Thank you! Same issue and I found the red wire cut as it came out of the car body to the trunk lid. This is a common issue as I had it on my G35 back in the day!

Dave