MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   2008 Nissan 370GT Coupe Beeping Noise (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/289973-2008-nissan-370gt-coupe-beeping-noise.html)

StClingin 09-16-2018 01:39 AM

2008 Nissan 370GT Coupe Beeping Noise

Hey guys,

I know this is a G37 forum however I can't find any 370GT forums as decent as this one.

I have an odd intermittent beep noise while driving. It isn't showing any warning/maintenance lights/signs. This has only started over the last few days.

I have replaced the key fob battery. I have checked all tyre pressures. All doors/boot/hood are closed & not showing as open. I have disconnected the battery for 2hrs in an attempt to wipe my settings (incase it is my own setup error).

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

slartibartfast 09-16-2018 12:09 PM

Welcome.

Not enough information for me. Maybe you ran over a 2CV one night and the guy is trying to get you to stop?

Whitevanman 09-16-2018 03:47 PM

welcome mate, where are you from?
not had that happen to my 2009 ,

StClingin 09-16-2018 05:09 PM

I'm from Auckland, New Zealand. I've owned the car for just under two months and LOVE it. What extra info would you require to help you help me?

slartibartfast 09-17-2018 12:32 AM

What are you doing when it beeps? Steady-state throttle? Acceleration? Deceleration (engine-braking)? Using the binders? Turning the wheel? Starting the car? Door action? Any fooling with the radio or HVAC? Those kinds of things.

StClingin 09-17-2018 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by slartibartfast (Post 4214590)
What are you doing when it beeps? Steady-state throttle? Acceleration? Deceleration (engine-braking)? Using the binders? Turning the wheel? Starting the car? Door action? Any fooling with the radio or HVAC? Those kinds of things.

Okay,
The quiet beep noise happens only while driving, it does not beep while stationary. It is at complete random so regrdless if I am turning, accellerating/decellerating, braking, changing gears, in D or DS it will beep. Doors/boot/hood are closed and not showing on the dash as open. I have turned the speaker volume all the way down and it still beeps randomly. Fluid levels are all fine. Brake pads are all fine. I'll see if it beeps with the AC/fans off tonight. Hope this help!

EDIT: I have tried with the AC/fans off and it still beeps.

John Hannon 09-17-2018 05:59 AM

Youve only had the car a couple of months.....have you had the beep for a couple of months?
If so it might be checking that all the warning lights that should come on when you turn the ignition on are infact illuminated....check against the manual, it has been known for people to remove warning lights that are on prior to sale.
Do your parking sensors work....or is one obstructed?

Hope you can resolve your problem.....it’d drive me nuts!!

StClingin 09-17-2018 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by John Hannon (Post 4214601)
Youve only had the car a couple of months.....have you had the beep for a couple of months?
If so it might be checking that all the warning lights that should come on when you turn the ignition on are infact illuminated....check against the manual, it has been known for people to remove warning lights that are on prior to sale.
Do your parking sensors work....or is one obstructed?

Hope you can resolve your problem.....it’d drive me nuts!!

Thanks John, I'll check all the warning lights tomorrow. As for the parking sensor - it has the sensors on the bumpers plus what seems to be an aftermarket control unit by the bonnet release. However this doesn't beep at all when getting close to any obstacles. May I add - the beep is the same noise that is made when shifting in/out of reverse.... so puzzled!

John Hannon 09-17-2018 07:25 AM

You might have a feature that we don’t have in the uk.
When you mentioned reverse I took a quick look
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...erse-beep.html

Hope this helps......

StClingin 09-17-2018 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by John Hannon (Post 4214604)
You might have a feature that we don’t have in the uk.
When you mentioned reverse I took a quick look
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...erse-beep.html

Hope this helps......

Haha cheers for the input John but thankfully this is not the issue. I too have had a good search over google, even searching a very generic "Nissan Beep Noise". I've looked through many pages and haven't found anything that directly relates to my issue. Thanks again for your help mate I really do appreciate it.

slartibartfast 09-17-2018 12:43 PM

Be sure to search "Infiniti beep noise", a large number were sold to the Yanks and we always report as Infiniti.

codeflux 09-19-2018 01:57 PM

Trick question:

Do you happen to have Navigation package, with a route giving you directions, and you don't always follow those directions? It beeps every time it recalculates the route.

Just a thought. Another thought would be to check the battery in your smoke detector?... ;)

KAHBOOM 09-21-2018 09:22 AM

If you could possibly catch in in a recording that might help us see if we can recognize it.

On a related note I was hearing a beeping noise in my new car. It is not an Infiniti BTW. I was confused for a day then after digging I realized it was notifying me of when I received a text or e-mail on my phone.

Maybe your car has a similar feature in your region (the G doesn't have that feature here).
However, whenever I would have my phone plugged into the port and the phone was not in silent mode, whatever notification tones I would receive on my phone would play through my speakers. Perhaps that may be what you are hearing(?)

StClingin 09-23-2018 09:35 PM

Thank you for all of your help, I really do appreciate the input.

I've fixed the problem. Turns out it was the navigation. Being a Japanese nav it was still operating here in New Zealand, somehow thinking I'm in Japan. I had unintentially started a route and it was beeping to tell me I was off route. I found another section in the settings (all in Japanese) where I was able to mute more Nav options and somehow cancelled the route.

What a mission!

THANKS AGAIN guys!

codeflux 09-25-2018 01:12 AM

lol called it. my wife had the same issue, complained of the beeping while driving my car.