Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Button not working for Drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 03:56 PM
jeff82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Button not working for Drivers door

I've got a 2008 G37 with Upgraded package (Journey I think). First post on this site, I looked through the site and google but didn't really find a answer to this. When pressing the button to unlock the drivers door, the door does not unlock. I am able to walk over to the passenger side and unlock it fine with the button. I tried to replace the battery in the key FOB however that did not help. I was able to lock the FOB in the car a few weeks ago so maybe that's a indicator of a sensor issue. Not entirely sure how the car can tell if the FOB is in the car or not but I think it uses information from both the passenger and drivers door to semi-triangulate if it's present.

About to dig further into this, was wondering if anyone knows some common causes to the button on the drivers door not working properly.

Jeff

Last edited by jeff82; 03-20-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: misspelled battery
Old 03-20-2018, 09:26 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
well if the button is broken then its broken.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:50 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Yup, what ^^ he said.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:58 AM
jeff82

Originally Posted by saywat?
well if the button is broken then its broken.
Are you referring to the button not working mechanically?
Old 03-21-2018, 04:45 AM
saywat?
Registered Member

Mechanically or electronically but not magically. . Jus try replace it man jesus
Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff82
I've got a 2008 G37 with Upgraded package (Journey I think). First post on this site, I looked through the site and google but didn't really find a answer to this. When pressing the button to unlock the drivers door, the door does not unlock. I am able to walk over to the passenger side and unlock it fine with the button. I tried to replace the battery in the key FOB however that did not help. I was able to lock the FOB in the car a few weeks ago so maybe that's a indicator of a sensor issue. Not entirely sure how the car can tell if the FOB is in the car or not but I think it uses information from both the passenger and drivers door to semi-triangulate if it's present.

About to dig further into this, was wondering if anyone knows some common causes to the button on the drivers door not working properly.

Jeff
You've got a ten year old vehicle. The common cause is things begin to fail as vehicles age. You can expect more part failures if you want to keep a ten year old vehicle.

Test the button with your multimeter!

Telcoman
Old 03-21-2018, 12:14 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
The driver door lock/unlock is THE most used button on the car. Expect it to fail at some point.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:26 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I experience this issue when using my car starter. Sometimes it works fine other times it doesn't. When it doesn't work I can usually move the fob closer to the front of the door by the steering wheel and it'll work. I suspect there's some signal interference as it's fine when I don't use my starter.

Sounds like you're having a different issue but thought I'd mention in case someone else stumbles across this thread.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:29 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

i love the button feature. im so happy infiniti made it standard back in 08. other cars still playing catch up in 2018 and some still dont even offer it standard. infiniti sure is cool sometimes.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:21 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
The driver door lock/unlock is THE most used button on the car. Expect it to fail at some point.
I pretty much only use that to lock and unlock, might switch strictly to the fob now. At least they're less of a pain to fix/replace.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:23 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

^lol wat else would u use it for? but dont be afraid to use it man its pretty bullet proof i havent read much on here about it being an issue
Old 03-21-2018, 08:58 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
I have PTSD from door handles. I'm currently trying to fix the one on my 944 Turbo and it's seriously stressing me out. I've done those handles before but just not having luck with this one.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:20 PM
dzhem.ahmed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeff82

Jeff

Hey, i just had the same issue, and was trying to find some answers. My passenger door was working and driver’s not. So i just tried entering the car and with the car running and the windows rolled down pressed and hold the button for couple of seconds which made a beeping sound and now it works fine. And decided to write this, may be it will help someone
The following users liked this post:
jrla (01-07-2024)
Old 04-28-2023, 12:16 PM
OG2T0N3

Well this is a very old thread an I'm not fimiliar with forums in gerneral so I dont get it yet, was there an answer to this issue as of now because I'm having the same issue here - keyless entrey button not working on the drivers side door on a 2011 sedan I just picked up.
Thanks.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:41 AM
Fman007
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I know someone talked about buying one off of amazon and swapping it into our cars.

Amazon Amazon

The Review I just read on it.
5.0 out of 5 stars I REPLACED A NON WORKING 2015 INFINITI Q40 KEYLESS REMOTE EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLE BUTTON
Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2023
Verified Purchase
I bought this handle and removed the keyless button to replace a dead one on a 2015 INFINITI Q40 (It is really just the last G37) This switch is not sold separately. Meaning Infiniti makes you buy the whole handle for $$$$$$!!!. I bet a lot of Nissan and Infiniti models use this same switch on different handles. Look at youtube for tutorials on removing handle and then remove and splice in new switch. Working great!

Quick Reply: Button not working for Drivers door