Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

windshield tint @ 55% cant see at night

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:39 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
i dont understand is this a window tint, windshield tint, or a headlight question? also 55% is not that dark at all. u sure u dont mean a smaller %?
Old 01-16-2018, 09:40 PM
bassy
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
I have 70% Huper Optik tint on my windshield. It's almost transparent, but it blocks out all UV lights. No problem for me driving at night or in bad weather at all. I don't see any need to go any darker than 70% on the windshield and increase unnecessary risks.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:57 PM
SCRCMULL
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never understood tinting your windshield. That is why they make sunglasses and windshield reflectors.....just my $.02
Old 01-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by SCRCMULL
I have never understood tinting your windshield. That is why they make sunglasses and windshield reflectors.....just my $.02
OP claims to have a medical condition, but hasn't confirmed he has a state waiver or details on how he made this work in past cars.

There has been a solution proposed, but would require replacing the tint.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:09 PM
Belial

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
OP claims to have a medical condition, but hasn't confirmed he has a state waiver or details on how he made this work in past cars.

There has been a solution proposed, but would require replacing the tint.
I don't need your permission or do I need to verify any type of medical conditions. If I was just going to scrape God damn windshield tint off my window I would have already done that. I didn't need smart asses like you to come to a public forum to tell me what I already knew
Old 01-18-2018, 01:17 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Belial
I don't need your permission or do I need to verify any type of medical conditions. If I was just going to scrape God damn windshield tint off my window I would have already done that. I didn't need smart asses like you to come to a public forum to tell me what I already knew

You could just lie. But since you're not even going to do that, the logical assumption is you're full of it, and just want you're front window tinted. Hence why you're ignoring the most obvious solution to the problem.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:07 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Lol this thread should have ended at post#11. There's no magic headlight bulb you can plug in and can offset your tint. Maybe if you install an off-road lightbar on your roof or go rally style with huge lights on your bumper. Or maybe even both lol
Old 01-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Belial

You could just lie. But since you're not even going to do that, the logical assumption is you're full of it, and just want you're front window tinted. Hence why you're ignoring the most obvious solution to the problem.

I've already fixed the issue homeboy. I change the ballast in my fog lamp and now everything is absolutely perfect. Thanks to all the stupid asses they wouldn't shut the **** up about scraping windshield tint off and replacing it with 99% UV clear crap.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:13 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

lol, the "issue" is certainly not fixed
Old 01-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Belial

lol, the "issue" is certainly not fixed
The the hell if it ain't. This is exactly what I needed on dark roads with no street lights. Doesn't blind oncoming cars it's widen the Spectrum and it's brighter. I am perfectly happy with the results.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
I always thought windshields (not other windows) already protect against UVB and UVA. Not sure if this applies to the G, but interesting info.

Windshields offer the most sun protection, according to an executive at Pittsburgh Glass Works in Pennsylvania. His company supplies glass to nearly every major automaker, including Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, General Motors, BMW and Hyundai. By law, windshields must be made of laminated glass, which means they're formed from three parts: two 2.1-millimeter layers of glass separated by a 0.8-millimeter piece of stretchy plastic. The glass is made to break easily if something – the driver's head, for example, or a deer – comes in contact with it. The plastic then stretches to absorb that impact.

The layer of plastic helps windshields absorb nearly all of the sun's ultraviolet rays. Plastic is naturally good at absorbing UV rays, and can be made with extra UV absorbers to protect even more. The Pittsburgh Glass Works exec says windshields absorb 100 percent of UVB rays (which cause sunburn), and around 98 percent of UVA rays. Those UVA rays don't cause sunburn but can do long-term damage to the skin. That built-in protection gives windshields a sun protection factor - or SPF - of 50 or more, the equivalent of some of the strongest sunscreens.
https://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/06/...ainst-uv-rays/