Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

I'm glad I bought the Infiniti Elite Warranty

Old 01-09-2018, 07:58 PM
eriktaylor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad I bought the Infiniti Elite Warranty

So, I just bought my G37 coupe late Saturday afternoon (27K miles). I noticed on my maiden voyage home the airbag light blinking and for some reason didn't notice it on the test drive. I tried resetting it Sunday, no luck. Also, my cup holder cover wouldn't stay in the covered position. So set up an appointment online.

Bought it back for a 9am appointment Monday morning. (36 hours or so from purchase).

Here's the brief convo between myself and my advisor.

Advisor: I have not been able to get with the used car manager. I do have an answer on the car just need to see if he’s going to assist in the repair.

Me: Ok, what are we looking at worst case?

Advisor: An airbag diagnostic control unit and occupant sensor. Bad news is sensor only comes with seat frame. So repair could possibly cost up to 9,200 with the cup holder. I want to get with the used car manager and service manager to see how they want to handle it. Worse case we call the warranty and get it covered.

Me: Yikes… I wish I had seen this before I bought the car. Please keep me posted.

So $9,200 it would have cost to make my car safe again if I didn't have the warranty. Instead, it's costing me $0. They have taken real good care of me regardless of this untimely issue with my new purchase.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Gus_Mahn
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Certainly justifies the warranty purchase. I've read there is a procedure to jump out the occupancy sensor to fool the car into thinking that someone is in the passenger seat even when there's not. The only downside to this is that the passenger airbag and seatbelt will blow when the wheel bag blows even when nobody is in the passenger seat.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:46 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
actually theres a recall related to the airbag light. i think the repair is related and woulda been free anyway but warranty is great
Old 01-09-2018, 10:35 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
actually theres a recall related to the airbag light. i think the repair is related and woulda been free anyway but warranty is great
this........
Old 01-09-2018, 10:55 PM
eriktaylor

Hmmm I wonder why they didn't mention the to me. So they were making a big deal about it to look good?
Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 AM
GLife14
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Elite covers cup holder cover?
Old 01-10-2018, 07:32 AM
eriktaylor

Originally Posted by kushp14
Elite covers cup holder cover?
They didn't mention a cost to me so I'm not sure yet. It may squeeze in since it's a mechanical part of the trim that failed and not just a tear in the leather or something. We'll see and I'll post back one way or the other.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:34 AM
eriktaylor

Originally Posted by Gus_Mahn
Certainly justifies the warranty purchase. I've read there is a procedure to jump out the occupancy sensor to fool the car into thinking that someone is in the passenger seat even when there's not. The only downside to this is that the passenger airbag and seatbelt will blow when the wheel bag blows even when nobody is in the passenger seat.
I've heard of that too. However, in this case, it's the opposite. I had a passenger the first night I got the car (a qualifying 130lbs) and the light still wasn't going off as if no one was sitting in the car.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:22 AM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
My airbag started flashing after my car wouldn't start because of a bad battery. I replaced the battery and tried resetting the airbag light but it wouldn't go off. From the flashes it looks like it's the airbag diagnosis control unit. I'll be bringing it to the dealer soon and my CPO warranty says "Restraint System - Air bags and related electronic control systems." so it should be covered but I'll find out soon enough.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:24 AM
eriktaylor

Originally Posted by NealP
My airbag started flashing after my car wouldn't start because of a bad battery. I replaced the battery and tried resetting the airbag light but it wouldn't go off. From the flashes it looks like it's the airbag diagnosis control unit. I'll be bringing it to the dealer soon and my CPO warranty says "Restraint System - Air bags and related electronic control systems." so it should be covered but I'll find out soon enough.
Good luck! I found out this wasn't cheap. I'm so lucky I bought the warranty regardless if this was a recall or not. I would have been pissed lol.
The following users liked this post:
NealP (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 08:59 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by eriktaylor
Hmmm I wonder why they didn't mention the to me. So they were making a big deal about it to look good?
they always do that. i mean it made u a very happy customer didnt it? lol
Old 01-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Rollo
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
If you noticed it driving home from purchase you should have turned around and taken it back. Of course with the warranty I guess you didn't have to worry about it.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:17 PM
eriktaylor

Originally Posted by Rollo
If you noticed it driving home from purchase you should have turned around and taken it back. Of course with the warranty I guess you didn't have to worry about it.
I would have except I picked it up right before closing, and they were closed on Sunday so the only option was first thing Monday morning. Also the warranty put me at ease.