Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Looking for factory/OEM headlights without amber reflectors (non-US?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 11:02 AM
skrolz
Registered Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Question Looking for factory/OEM headlights without amber reflectors (non-US?)

I'm in the US. I've sporadically seen pictures of what looks to be factory G37 coupes with headlights that do not have the amber lens, mainly in Europe and Japan. I'm wondering if anyone had any information about these or maybe purchased and imported a set? I assume these just drop right in (maybe need to adjust for LHD vs RHD).

I know other communities that do this (my Lexus friend ordered JDM Celsior headlights to get rid of the amber on his LS430).

I've looked around on japanese yahoo auction sites, but was wondering if there was another, simpler avenue.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've attached example pictures as well.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:18 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
It will be far cheaper to buy this and open up your headlights to swap in a clear reflector.

2008-2016 Infiniti G37 Coupe Clear Headlight Reflectors - Components
The following users liked this post:
skrolz (10-12-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 08:42 AM
skrolz
Registered Member

I honestly didn't even know that was an option! Good to know, but baking headlights makes me nervous; I've done it before, and I've seen way too many foggy lights. I would assume if I could land my hands on a legit set of cleared out oem headlights, I could probably sell my current headlights for around the same price, or at least not lose too much.

I'd rather have unaltered factory headlights on my car than modifying something and risk damage.

Pardon the ignorance as I'm a new G37 owner, but I also recently learned they changed the headlights from 10-11? The later models are a lot darker. Will the earlier chrome ones drop right in? Or do they need modifying?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Interesting. I just opened mine up and painted over them in black lol. Looks great now.
skrolz (10-21-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 04:02 PM
skrolz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Interesting. I just opened mine up and painted over them in black lol. Looks great now.
I did the headlight baking thing before, but with an older car. How hard was it with the G? I think my biggest fear in this process is getting the stringy adhesive all over the inside when pulling the lens apart.

If it's not too bad... I might try it and install the clear reflectors mentioned above.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:23 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by skrolz
I did the headlight baking thing before, but with an older car. How hard was it with the G? I think my biggest fear in this process is getting the stringy adhesive all over the inside when pulling the lens apart.

If it's not too bad... I might try it and install the clear reflectors mentioned above.
You might find this DIY helpful if you are willing to give it a go

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...eadlights.html
skrolz (10-24-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Pulling the headlights apart wasn't terrible, the sealant isn't very stringy to the point where its going to drip everywhere. Its really thick and tacky, it'll stay where its at but will stick to anything it touches so make sure you wear gloves and don't get it on anything that isn't already headed to the trash. If you pull them apart, I HIGHLY recommend upgrading the projector lenses to a clear TSXR version, the cutoff is night and day sharper and more purple, it looks killer. Check my build thread if you wanna see my headlights and cutoff.
skrolz (10-27-2017)