Air Lift suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 12:09 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Air Lift suspension

OK, so i want to put the AccuAir air suspension kit in my car but i need some info on such things as draw backs or having one, what all is required etc. I dont want any camber when the car is sitting up because i don't want to go through a ton of tires and i don't want it to slide when i am trying to stop on a rainy day so basically i want the stance to sit straight up and down as if it wasn't modded. So what i need to know is, measurements and what brand of coils i need to get, is there any fab work required etc. I have 20x9 all around.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:41 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Your #1 Infiniti Vendor!

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Contact us for Airlift Performance products..

Let us know where you're located too!

-Josh
Old 09-21-2017, 02:09 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

I'm located in Memphis Tn
Old 09-21-2017, 05:58 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

anyone else have any insight?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:13 PM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by blkceaser
OK, so i want to put the AccuAir air suspension kit in my car but i need some info on such things as draw backs or having one, what all is required etc. I dont want any camber when the car is sitting up because i don't want to go through a ton of tires and i don't want it to slide when i am trying to stop on a rainy day so basically i want the stance to sit straight up and down as if it wasn't modded. So what i need to know is, measurements and what brand of coils i need to get, is there any fab work required etc. I have 20x9 all around.
In reference to drawbacks, some will say it will not deliver the performance the same as a coil would. However, from my understanding there has been advances in some brands delivering track options. Would have to ask a air-rider on how valid that claim is though.

For camber, you would need the same kit as a coilover. Particularly a camber and toe kit. When aligning the car, raise to normal driving height (basically the lowest you would be static). Then have them adjust the camber accordingly.

You say the measurement of what coil to get - slightly confused if you are getting a universal air kit, or will be using a custom kit with struts fitted already. If you are starting from scratch, I would just do the full kit catered to your car. I hope this helps man. If something I said is sloppy or doesn't make sense, I am drunk right now.
The following users liked this post:
blkceaser (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 01:55 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

That was a big help. I am going with the AccuAir system sold by Universal Air and i may have worded that wrong when i was talking about measurements and such. I was just relaying what the shop said to me because he was unsure of things like if new A arms would need to be fabricated or if there were any other things that may need to be done etc so i was just trying to get all the info i can before investing money into this project
Old 10-04-2017, 10:06 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

Camber and toe

which kit do you recommend
Old 10-04-2017, 10:11 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Get accuair management and airlift performance struts, I hear they ride like a dream. Like stated above get camber arms and toe bolts and set the alignment at your ride height. I run -2.7 degrees of camber up front and -2.0 in the rear and my tires are fine. The important thing is to keep your toe perfectly in spec. For camber arms you can get Z1, SPC, SPL, Voodoo 13. All good brands.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:23 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xnick101
Get accuair management and airlift performance struts, I hear they ride like a dream. Like stated above get camber arms and toe bolts and set the alignment at your ride height. I run -2.7 degrees of camber up front and -2.0 in the rear and my tires are fine. The important thing is to keep your toe perfectly in spec. For camber arms you can get Z1, SPC, SPL, Voodoo 13. All good brands.

thanks for the info man
Old 10-04-2017, 10:43 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blkceaser
thanks for the info man
I forgot to ask, can I still use the factory A arms or do I need to replace those as well
Old 10-04-2017, 10:43 PM
blkceaser
Registered Member

And do you have any pics of your G