Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Flooded car

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:34 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
haha genius. so during the flooding are u guys off of work?
Old 08-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Yellafella
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
haha genius. so during the flooding are u guys off of work?
Well I am cause my store in closed cause the mall is shutdown. Most businesses are closed because people can't get across the highway due to it literally becoming a lake lol
Old 08-31-2017, 08:42 AM
WaarrEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have not mentioned any evidence that your car actually flooded. Did water get in the cabin? If not, you are 100% fine to drive it. Even if it did, as long as it did not get too high it may still be mechanically sound, although the interior carpet may need ripped out.

Source: Had a car receive minor flooding in the streets of Houston a couple years ago. Had to rip the carpet out but everything else was 100% fine. Also had water up to my beater's rocker panels twice (see photo) in Harvey and drove it yesterday and it is also fine.
Attached Thumbnails Flooded car-driveway-am-flood-snapshot.jpg  
Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 PM
Yellafella
Registered Member

She's alive and well ! Had it towed to a shop and pulled the spark plugs and cranked the motor. No water shot out of the spark plug outlets but a bunch of steam and some water came out the exhaust. It was still kinda rough starting it up but it starts up and idles smooth now.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:35 PM
Yellafella
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WaarrEagle
You have not mentioned any evidence that your car actually flooded. Did water get in the cabin? If not, you are 100% fine to drive it. Even if it did, as long as it did not get too high it may still be mechanically sound, although the interior carpet may need ripped out.

Source: Had a car receive minor flooding in the streets of Houston a couple years ago. Had to rip the carpet out but everything else was 100% fine. Also had water up to my beater's rocker panels twice (see photo) in Harvey and drove it yesterday and it is also fine.
I know at the time I was posting the water level was rising so I was just wondering at what level I should be concerned about water damage. I'm thankful that water did not rise high enough to get into the cabin. Almost a third of the cars in my town got flooded and im blessed to not be one of them. You went through Harvey too? You didn't think it was gonna be that bad huh ? I sure as hell didn't. I'm happy to see your car is fine too
Old 08-31-2017, 11:57 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
We've been there almost daily covering the aftermath. I've seen a number of photos of G Coupes submerged. There's an estimate of at least 500,000 cars that were lost. You're quite lucky!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:09 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Every vehicle in Clear Lake Infiniti's lot flooded.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:37 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellafella
I don't understand why the mayor didn't order an evacuation..
Most likely because there are no official evacuation routes or plans in place for any disasters.
Where would over 6 1/2 million people go?
Texans do not like any rules or regulations.
POOR PLANNING
During hurricane Sandy some NJ residents headed south, stayed in Delaware until power was restored.

Telcoman
Old 09-01-2017, 08:28 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you man. I live in southeast Houston and man my neighborhood had extreme amounts of water. I'm not even in a flood zone and water made it's way up passed the halfway mark in my driveway. Thankfully the house was built up and I had a garage. Again, glad your car is safe and you are as well.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Most likely because there are no official evacuation routes or plans in place for any disasters.
POOR PLANNING
During hurricane Sandy some NJ residents headed south, stayed in Delaware until power was restored.

Telcoman
Feel free to stick your head back up your **** because you haven't the slightest clue about what your speaking about. Go ahead and leave this thread and don't come back.
The following 2 users liked this post by Black Betty:
Jonesmeister11 (09-10-2017), monytx (09-06-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 10:11 AM
LOAF3
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
POOR PLANNING

Telcoman
I don't mind evacuating to your house. Whats your address.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Eyeshield25

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
It's crazy how I passed by I40 West from VA to AZ and back just last month
Old 09-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellafella
Smart thinking!

Originally Posted by WaarrEagle

Haha we have the same beater! 2000 TL here with the AV6 transmission swap, 290k and still running strong. A great commuter car.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Yellafella
Registered Member

Originally Posted by monytx
Glad everything worked out for you man. I live in southeast Houston and man my neighborhood had extreme amounts of water. I'm not even in a flood zone and water made it's way up passed the halfway mark in my driveway. Thankfully the house was built up and I had a garage. Again, glad your car is safe and you are as well.
I appreciate it man. I heard Southeast had it way worse than my area. I'm relieved to here that you and your property were unharmed by the floodwaters. Water rose past the curb in my apartment but didn't make its way any higher thankfully. I guess we got pretty lucky huh
The following users liked this post:
monytx (09-06-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Yellafella
Registered Member

POOR PLANNING

Telcoman
Something urgent like that could've allowed us to find higher ground or at least prepare to embrace the floods. By the time the emergency alert came in and the rain started pouring it was too late for any of us to go anywhere or do anything. Alot of these deaths could have easily been prevented.