0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for colour comments

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:11 AM
pricha00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for colour comments

Ok so I am very very displeased with our society as someone decided that leaving a huge scratch on my hood was OK to do without even leaving a note. The shape, depth and length of scratch says bike handlebars to me, but not clear why anyone would think riding that close to a car is a wise idea. I hope karma gets the culprit.

That said , I prefer not to paint aps blowing in is never perfect , and figure wrap would both cover the defect and if I do hood , roof and mirrors then at least it will look like a modification done for aesthetics or protection and not just to hide something.

I am middle aged and the car is bone stock and low low miles. I am asking for some recommendations on colour, with the local wrap shop having access to Avery and 3M products. My thoughts were something close to glossy black but just a subtle difference like perhaps brushed black aluminum.

What color would you guys and gals choose.

Oh any if anyone has black coupe with wrap on these areas , please post pic for ideas.

Thanks ,

Pat
Attached Thumbnails Looking for colour comments-img_0989.jpg  

Last edited by pricha00; 08-19-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: add info
Old 08-19-2017, 02:10 PM
T.A.D
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it's bone stock I'd just repaint it or wrap the entire car, I think that would look the best.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:26 PM
pricha00

Originally Posted by T.A.D
If it's bone stock I'd just repaint it or wrap the entire car, I think that would look the best.
Should have added, married and wife not interested in $2000 + cost to fix a scratch. I agree though a complete wrap would be great idea , just not really an option.

Pat
Old 08-19-2017, 04:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
If it's just the hood and the car has been garaged most of the time they should be able to match it pretty well, shouldn't be more than $2-300. wrapping just the hood or front end would look off, especially on a car w/ no other aftermarket add ons.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:26 AM
SeanE46

Wrapping would cost around 2k+. I would just repaint hood IMO
Old 08-22-2017, 01:40 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
agree with everyone else. would repaint. that's your cheapest/cleanest fix
Old 08-22-2017, 02:39 PM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
buy one of these...

Trending Topics

Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Sig6MT
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pricha00
Ok so I am very very displeased with our society as someone decided that leaving a huge scratch on my hood was OK to do without even leaving a note. The shape, depth and length of scratch says bike handlebars to me, but not clear why anyone would think riding that close to a car is a wise idea. I hope karma gets the culprit.

That said , I prefer not to paint aps blowing in is never perfect , and figure wrap would both cover the defect and if I do hood , roof and mirrors then at least it will look like a modification done for aesthetics or protection and not just to hide something.

I am middle aged and the car is bone stock and low low miles. I am asking for some recommendations on colour, with the local wrap shop having access to Avery and 3M products. My thoughts were something close to glossy black but just a subtle difference like perhaps brushed black aluminum.

What color would you guys and gals choose.

Oh any if anyone has black coupe with wrap on these areas , please post pic for ideas.

Thanks ,

Pat
Pat
I know first hand how you feel. I too take good care of my 6MT and park it far to avoid dents. About a year ago I found that a clown put a key to an area behind the rear window above the trunk on passenger side.

I went to a shop recommended by the dealer who did a great job for $550. We keep ours garaged and yet he did a great job matching the color.

Good of luck on your end