General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:50 PM
sn26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Question

I purchased my IPL from a small dealership who told me that they had purchased it from Infiniti as a Certified Pre Owned. The dealer that I bought the car from told me that it still had some sort of warrenty from Infiniti.

I went to a dealership near me to see if they were able to pull up my warrenty information from the vin number. They said that they wouldn't be able to pull anything up at all.

Any idea deal where I can go asking next?

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
You'll want to be talking to the dealer you purchased it from. Do you have any paperwork mentioning the warranty?
Old 07-16-2017, 11:11 PM
sn26

I do not actually.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:26 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Depending on your year & mileage the factory warranty will cover you if you're within it's time/mile range. If you're depending on some 3rd party warranty it can be hit or miss. Hopefully your Infiniti is still within the factory warranty limits. Any Infiniti dealer should be able to let you know if your G is still covered if it's not a 3rd party warranty.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:28 AM
sn26

I don't believe it's a 3rd party warrenty.

She's a 2012 with 45k
Old 07-17-2017, 12:57 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
bumper to bumper is done. you still might have powertrain. and federal extended emissions is still valid. this is all under the presumption that your vehicle has not been reported to nissan that it has been salvaged due to major accident or flooding.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:54 AM
GLife14
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sn26
I purchased my IPL from a small dealership who told me that they had purchased it from Infiniti as a Certified Pre Owned. The dealer that I bought the car from told me that it still had some sort of warrenty from Infiniti.

I went to a dealership near me to see if they were able to pull up my warrenty information from the vin number. They said that they wouldn't be able to pull anything up at all.

Any idea deal where I can go asking next?

Thanks!
why didn't you confirm if it had any warranty before committing to buy? As mentioned, you may still have powertrain since it is 6yrs or 70k. If so, you will be eligible for the ELITE warranty.

Trending Topics

Old 07-17-2017, 07:48 AM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I also got a CPO 2012 Infiniti and had the same questions recently as it's been a while and the factory warranty is up. It was explained to me when I bought the car that after the factory warranty was up basically anything electrical wouldn't be covered -- the last link has a complete list. Any Infiniti dealership should be able to pull it up if it's legit and not a 3rd party. These links should be helpful:

Infiniti CPO Warranty

Infiniti CPO Benefits

This limited warranty, which is backed by INFINITI, covers all major components and is inclusive of powertrain coverage.

All authorized INFINITI Retailers can service your vehicle using genuine INFINITI original replacement parts or INFINITI approved parts by trained INFINITI technicians. We offer an unlimited number of claims on covered parts.

Click here to view the INFINITI Certified Warranty Booklet that describes the warranty coverage and all the benefits of owning a Certified Pre-Owned INFINITI.