Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Calling all IPLs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 02:41 AM
reNeglect

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by All G'd Up
clean G! I like white with the black accents. I don't know why they didn't offer the IPL in more colors but nice job converting it.
Theyre actually carbon fiber mirrors, front and side splitters and carbon rear roof and sport spoiler 👀

Only the emblem, roof and bottom are wrapped in black vinyl.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:58 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Anymore IPL's on here? Post em up!
Old 05-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Blade Runner
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's a few shots of my '13 7AT:

Attacking the dragon

After a good bath...

Near some mountains in Tennessee

About to attack some twisties...

When you realize you drove just a tad too far north...
Old 05-23-2017, 06:03 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Nice. Looks good! Any 6 MT IPL's on here?
The following users liked this post:
Blade Runner (05-25-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 03:14 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
i once asked an ipl owner as i was driving by if his ipl was a manual. and he told me it doesnt come in manual lol.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:19 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
i once asked an ipl owner as i was driving by if his ipl was a manual. and he told me it doesnt come in manual lol.
i lold way too hard smh.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:01 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

They are def rare and hard to find but do exist. I've actually been trying to find out how many IPL's were made, specifically how many 6MT's but I can't find any production numbers online anywhere.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:22 PM
Blade Runner
Registered Member

They are def rare and hard to find but do exist. I've actually been trying to find out how many IPL's were made, specifically how many 6MT's but I can't find any production numbers online anywhere.
I heard they made 700 a year, from 11-14, but have no production details within that number.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:35 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Wow that's not many. And I'm sure less than half of those were 6MT. I wish they would've put numbered plaques in them like the Nismo Z's.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Blade Runner
Registered Member

Wow that's not many. And I'm sure less than half of those were 6MT. I wish they would've put numbered plaques in them like the Nismo Z's.
Yeah that would have been nice. My GF has a '12 Mustang MCA edition. As she and I both have special editions of our respective cars, we both wanted to find out production numbers. One thing I'll say about Mustangs is that they have amazing factory and aftermarket support. With one website request, Ford sent her a copy of the original window sticker, and the exact production numbers (# off the line, how many were produced in that color, etc..) for her car. She had it framed and we now use it when we show the car. She asked me to do the same for my IPL, but alas, Infiniti has no such information request feature I am aware of.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:13 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Yeah I feel like with Mustangs that'll be worth money in years to come but unfortunately for us I doubt the IPL will ever go up in value, no one seems to really care about limited or special edition Infiniti's. The Z esp Nismo will prob be worth more than the IPL in years to come even though the IPL is essentially a luxury more expensive Nismo Z. Infiniti never marketed the IPL the way they should've and never expanded the IPL line like they were supposed to so apparently they just didn't really care about the IPL. It would be nice if we could get plaques and window stickers for our IPLs but I'm not surprised Infiniti just doesn't seem to care.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:17 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Perhaps you IPL lovers can make something of note. A plaque or badge or something. I have my Nismo z certificate hanging in the office and wouldnt mind adding another to rep the IPL
Old 05-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Blade Runner
Registered Member

Yeah I feel like with Mustangs that'll be worth money in years to come but unfortunately for us I doubt the IPL will ever go up in value, no one seems to really care about limited or special edition Infiniti's. The Z esp Nismo will prob be worth more than the IPL in years to come even though the IPL is essentially a luxury more expensive Nismo Z. Infiniti never marketed the IPL the way they should've and never expanded the IPL line like they were supposed to so apparently they just didn't really care about the IPL. It would be nice if we could get plaques and window stickers for our IPLs but I'm not surprised Infiniti just doesn't seem to care.
I find the IPL is still demanding a premium in the used car market, but you are right, other than car enthusiasts, most peeps don't know what it is. Infiniti did not market it at all. Infiniti did a great job with the IPL, but it was always more of an market experiment to see if people would buy a premium G. According to an article, they didn't go further as they didn't feel the Infiniti brand was 'there' yet. Mustangs can be a dime a dozen but do get all kinds of great support. Normal Mustangs will always sell for less, but any special edition tends to keep more of its value as people will recognize it. Having said that, I am still much happier with my IPL than I would be with an comparable Mustang. My garage houses both cars and the quality and refinement advantages of the G are quite noticeable. The '15 Mustangs go a long way to closing that gap, but I still prefer my G.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:25 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

I agree. I paid $25,500 for my 12 IPL 6MT with 34k miles a little over a month ago. I only wanted a 6MT G but wouldn't have paid that much just for an S unless it had a lot lower miles but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people like me who want a reliable luxury sports car with a MT anymore. I never thought I'd even find a 6MT IPL, there's only ever been a few for sale online in the whole country so it was worth it for me to pay a little more for one since I'll be keeping it for a long time. I just don't know how many other people out there care enough about the IPL to pay more for it. Either way I'm loving my IPL. I had a 93 Mustang GT then went to a G35 coupe and now the IPL. I do like the 15+ Mustangs a lot but I do prefer the IPL to the Stang but limited or special edition Mustangs will most likely hold their value moreso than our limited production IPL's, sadly.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:47 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
anyone know what the ipls in japan were called? nismo? or any pics of official japan ipls? i tried looking had a hard time. i dont think ipl branding went to japan