G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hyopthetically Speaking if I Were to ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 11:25 PM
Teddy Greyson
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hyopthetically Speaking if I Were to ...

Wassup my G's?!

So I've been rocking a bone stock 2014 AWD Q60 7AT for the past few weeks and doing some pretty extensive forum lurking

The itch to modify is so real! I don't want to spend a ton of money as I will be making payments on the car for the foreseeable future BUT THATS OK CUZ I LOVE MY G .. or Q .. or whatever.

First thing I'm going to do is debadge. The Q badge doesn't really make sense to me since its not the new body style and still has the 3.7 so that has to come off haha. From what I understand just heat the badge up with a hairdryer and then take some dental floss behind to cut the glue? Then clean with detergent and boom debadged. If I'm missing a step or if you have tips PLZ let me know!

After debadging, I wanna drop her down a bit. Was thinking about getting THESE springs .. those will still house the factory wheels, right? Down the line I plan on getting THESE wheels. What tire could I throw on those and fit comfortably with those springs? Specifically high performance summer tires.

Essentially what I want to do is have the ability to switch between my OEM and weekend wheel/tire set ups. The reason being that I have to commute 70 miles a day to work on terrible PA roads. I dont want to have to replace aftermarket parts if a viscous pothole takes me out. If it happens on the OEM wheel/tire no biggie, I elected for the wheel/tier insurance because I REALLY dont trust PA roads!!

after a fresh wax
Old 04-25-2017, 12:15 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
I wont comment on the Wheels and rims because I'm no where near an expert there.

For the badges though, you have the right idea. Hold hair dryer to heat, work floss, repeat. do not pull the emblem towards you in order to speed up the process. Once removed, you might be able to roll the residue off using your finger but for the stubborn stuff - do not pick at it or scrape it off. Use a claybar and it will come off in seconds. Spray, rub, repeat until all has been removed.
The following users liked this post:
Teddy Greyson (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Those wheels are a good choice but you'd have to confirm if they are available, last time I checked it was a no go.
The following users liked this post:
Teddy Greyson (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Teddy Greyson
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Those wheels are a good choice but you'd have to confirm if they are available, last time I checked it was a no go.
blnewt that is a valid point! I thought that price might be too good to be true ... do you know of any G owners who have run a similar set up? I would be interested to see what it might look like when all is said and done!