G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Does this front bumper look off to anybody else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Sorry man but allllllllllllll this is BS.

There's no state, no record, no violation or claim that would ever cost anyone, $7200 for 6 months. You must have misunderstood $1200 for a 6 months term, that would be very normal for someone of your age and the type of car. Entire families with twins turning 16 and getting Porsche's wouldn't be this much. Celebrities with Lambo's and Ferrari's don't even pay half that. If you were that risky, their underwriting would just deny your application, simple as that. They either mistyped and said you were driving 500,000 miles a year, you misunderstood the amount quoted or there's more to the story, but that's none of our business.

Last edited by Kris9884; 04-25-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:59 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris9884
Sorry man but allllllllllllll this is BS.

There's no state, no record, no violation or claim that would ever cost anyone, $7200 for 6 months. You must have misunderstood $1200 for a 6 months term, that would be very normal for someone of your age and the type of car. Entire families with twins turning 16 and getting Porsche's wouldn't be this much. Celebrities with Lambo's and Ferrari's don't even pay half that. If you were that risky, their underwriting would just deny your application, simple as that. They either mistyped and said you were driving 500,000 miles a year, you misunderstood the amount quoted or there's more to the story, but that's none of our business.
See thats what im thinking that i musthva emade an error on something i typed in because everyone keeps telling me its too high. This is another quote from progressive
Attached Thumbnails Does this front bumper look off to anybody else?-snapchat-247720902.jpg  

Last edited by R2-D2; 04-26-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:16 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Lol screwwwwwwwww that hahaha
Old 04-26-2017, 09:18 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by R2-D2
See thats what im thinking that i musthva emade an error on something i typed in because everyone keeps telling me its too high. This is another quote from progressive
Your age is definitely killing you but shop around because that price is absurd. I totaled a vehicle and had 2 speeding tickets and my rate never got that high as a teen.

As for the co-sign, I'd recommend not putting your mom in that situation. Sucks you and your pops don't have a great relationship; and I don't know the story, but I wouldn't recommend making things worse by making it seem like your mom is choosing you over him or vice versa.

Shop around for insurance. Elephant is another one to check out, Geico, and perhaps All State. Might just come down to choosing another vehicle but definitely shop around and make them compete. I would always recite to the agent what the other package was offering and ask if they could do better or just ask "Is that the best you're able to do for me?" That usually got them to start chipping away at the quote.

I'm with Peninsula paying $112 / month for 12 months with My G, and my Fiance's new CX-5. Granted, I'm 26 but that's insane what they're quoting you. You have a spotless driving record? From what I understand, the rate is determined by car + claims + age. So, if Progressive had (X) amount of G37s in claims where their driver was at fault and between the ages of 16-20 (for example) that could result in the rate being higher with them.

Need AWD so perhaps go with a car that isn't as notorious with teen drivers? Maybe look into MazdaSpeed6? They're extremely unpopular and were only produced for 2 years. The MazdaSpeed3 was grossly more popular and connected with the tuner scene. The Speed6 is stock for stock just as fast and is AWD. I also happen to think they look really good and they have the ultimate sleeper look which is good in your case. The only thing to look out for with them is the differentials have a tendency to sh*t the bed so that may need to be beefed up. Otherwise, everything I've read says they're rock solid.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:34 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Your age is definitely killing you but shop around because that price is absurd. I totaled a vehicle and had 2 speeding tickets and my rate never got that high as a teen.

As for the co-sign, I'd recommend not putting your mom in that situation. Sucks you and your pops don't have a great relationship; and I don't know the story, but I wouldn't recommend making things worse by making it seem like your mom is choosing you over him or vice versa.

Shop around for insurance. Elephant is another one to check out, Geico, and perhaps All State. Might just come down to choosing another vehicle but definitely shop around and make them compete. I would always recite to the agent what the other package was offering and ask if they could do better or just ask "Is that the best you're able to do for me?" That usually got them to start chipping away at the quote.

I'm with Peninsula paying $112 / month for 12 months with My G, and my Fiance's new CX-5. Granted, I'm 26 but that's insane what they're quoting you. You have a spotless driving record? From what I understand, the rate is determined by car + claims + age. So, if Progressive had (X) amount of G37s in claims where their driver was at fault and between the ages of 16-20 (for example) that could result in the rate being higher with them.

Need AWD so perhaps go with a car that isn't as notorious with teen drivers? Maybe look into MazdaSpeed6? They're extremely unpopular and were only produced for 2 years. The MazdaSpeed3 was grossly more popular and connected with the tuner scene. The Speed6 is stock for stock just as fast and is AWD. I also happen to think they look really good and they have the ultimate sleeper look which is good in your case. The only thing to look out for with them is the differentials have a tendency to sh*t the bed so that may need to be beefed up. Otherwise, everything I've read says they're rock solid.
Ive checked allstate as well and they gave me a rate of 800 a month. And as for talking to the agents ill lok into doing it over the phone. Ive been doing it online this whole time
Old 04-26-2017, 09:37 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

In regards to elephant. Is that state specific? Googling it i got a map of what seems to be the states they cover in. Im in wisconson currently and it doesnt seem to have a circle around thaton the map. Btw it sucks cause ive actually only seen one g37
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM
HotSawce
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yeah $1,200 a month. neither the g35 or 350z come in awd. i need awd for the winter. either way i'm sure i would get slammed for both those cars just as bad
The g35 does come in AWD.. Like the G37x, it's the G35x
Old 04-26-2017, 09:56 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HotSawce
The g35 does come in AWD.. Like the G37x, it's the G35x
I meant the coupe g35
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

You definitely want to call and speak to an agent. Even call Progressive and talk to the agent and state you're paying for this yourself and the quote they gave you is insane - Is this really the best they can do...

It does suck, The G35 was a dream car of mine when I was your age and throughout college. That being said, don't make yourself car poor...not yet at least.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:08 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

I meant the coupe g35
Coupes typically come in RWD or FWD form. Hard pressed to find a AWD. Just trying to come up with one off the top of my head, I'd say maybe a first gen TT quattro 225 or better to satisfy the need for speed a G would've provided.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Teddy Greyson
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Well guys i guess i got my hopes up for no reason. Was ready to pay for it in full but progressive gave me a quote of $1200 a month full coverage because im still 18 :/ guess it doesnt matter how much money.your making or how succesful you are if youre 18 youre screwed... Was expecting a high 300 but not 1200$!!!!!
This is crazy! I know that it isn't an ideal solution but I know of a sure fire way to bring that quote down. If you have your parents cosign on the car, you can put it under their insurance. This will spread the risk and SHOULD significantly lower your quote! I know this because I actually had to go down the same route as I was pulled over less than a year ago and got two tickets on the same stop. That royaly f'd up my record and resulted an a high quote, but still not as high as yours. I hope this helps!
Old 04-26-2017, 03:15 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Ive checked allstate as well and they gave me a rate of 800 a month. And as for talking to the agents ill lok into doing it over the phone. Ive been doing it online this whole time
so obviously other companies are quoting less. u have a hard on for progressive or something?

Coupes typically come in RWD or FWD form. Hard pressed to find a AWD. Just trying to come up with one off the top of my head, I'd say maybe a first gen TT quattro 225 or better to satisfy the need for speed a G would've provided.
wat do u mean g35 came in fwd form?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:57 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by saywat?
so obviously other companies are quoting less. u have a hard on for progressive or something?

wat do u mean g35 came in fwd form?
I meant coupes in general are RWD or FWD not that the G35 was a FWD. Typically, a coupe is RWD or FWD but AWD models that wont send the OP's insurance through the roof is what I was trying to come up with.

All that came to mind off the top of my head was the Audi TT 1st gen. Not my preference, but he could get a WRX. Old A4s were known to self detonate at random so he probably doesn't want that, could get an '06 S4 V8 though. Volvo R wouldn't be bad I guess.

What do I know, I own a Sedan
Old 04-26-2017, 03:59 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
ah i see. gotta be more clear man lol. id go wrx should be plenty out there and im guessing not expensive to insure if you get an older model
Old 04-26-2017, 04:38 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

OP could definitely get one, no doubt, but the insurance will probably fry his azz to insure a turbo charged tuner car. Probably have a lot of kids who get in accidents filing claims across the country too.

OP, is there another relative who could help out? Grandma?