Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Anybody else every tried PCV Delete Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Bravo at
Premier Member

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45

I don’t have any tech specs or fancy details like if it actually helps things or whatever BUT after having on my car for some time, me personally knowing what little I know now I would steer clear of just the pcv delete and go with a catch can. I have gotten some large amounts of oil residue that pretty much changed color from bright new red to super dirty blackish red. This alone is a deal breaker for me since these filters are hidden under engine cover and a pain to get to. Also don’t want hot oil all over anything under the hood. I would rather catch that oil in a can than use the system I have now..
Now onto the second second, after finding out how eps shaved down the part number very poorly on my 70mm throttle body kit to hide that they are just a factory nissan oem pathfinder/maxima Tb, they won’t see any more of my money. Which isn’t the biggest reason I’m pissed not for the actually scratching out itself but how poorly it was done, my tuner told me that if I try any grind it down to make it look better with nice finish it could ruin it.
Would rather oem ported 63mm throttle bodies from synolimit for $250 and a catch can. Would never pay $800 for these again. Anything but a eps product on my next car...Don’t even get me started on the customer no service as my 3rd point from Jake@epstuning during this process.
Lol ask a sales question you’ll get get a response or tracking number, send a problem email and hear crickets. I love companies that stick behind their products and service.
Good update. Thanks for sharing. Do you think you'll keep the PCV deletes in place, then plumb the new hoses thru the catch can to upper manifold. Or do you think you'll re-install your PCVs, then install the catch can as normal?
Old 05-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Bravo at
Pope - Sort of asking in general interest but I also used similar rubber caps to my coolant delete mod on the throttle bodies. I've had to change those caps once in the last 3 years due to cracking, brittleness, etc (probably heat related). Curious to know if their caps on the intake ports of the valve covers are holding up. Maybe 6-8 months isn't long enough for anything noticeable.
No issues with those caps on mine. Looks ok? I can squeeze it like a sponge it that makes sense. Not wet like sponge just more so how to comes back to it’s orginal form. Like I can squeeze it with 2 fingers to the point where both fingers touch. I would of liked a stronger or thicker cap but not sure that it matters. Lol as much as I want to complain about it, it’s actually still working ok. I might be over thinking it. But extremely valid point you brought up, I will have to check these more often to make sure. Let’s see what the Atlanta traffic in the summer does! It did just fine in the winter. I guess time will tell.
The following users liked this post:
Bravo at (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Bravo at
Good update. Thanks for sharing. Do you think you'll keep the PCV deletes in place, then plumb the new hoses thru the catch can to upper manifold. Or do you think you'll re-install your PCVs, then install the catch can as normal?
The pcv kit overall is pretty good quality stuff. Those caps could be better at valve cover. But yes eventually I will hit up ole Moncef for a catch can (black coating to match trim under hood)
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
Bravo at (05-25-2018), jpowersjr2 (05-25-2018)