Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

[vid] idiot almost side swipes me.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:26 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
[vid] idiot almost side swipes me.

Guy wasn't paying attention to the road at all. If I didn't change lane / honk, he would have hit me as you can see in the rear cam.

edit: whose or who's?

lol
Old 09-26-2016, 04:51 PM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Didn't watch the video BUT when people are merging onto the freeway it's common courtesy to move over .

And I watched the video to make sure assumption were correct but I was wrong. Dude saw an opening moving over. Probably didn't time it as he didn't see you hauling booty (freeway speeds, assuming faster)
Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
In your defense, he definitely could have sped up since he had plenty of room. But it looked like an old Ford Taurus without much power.
In his defense, you had 2 open lanes to your left. It's always better to make a proactive decision since you had a better view of the scenario.
Either way, a collision was avoided and nobody was hurt. Drive safely and be courteous! Everybody has bad days.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:30 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Nothing new there. Cars did that to me all the time when on the bike. Just drive with the assumption you're invisible and react accordingly. He/she was probably texting or talking on the phone. Who checks their mirrors or does shoulder checks any more??
Old 09-26-2016, 06:01 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by kickintheglass
In your defense, he definitely could have sped up since he had plenty of room. But it looked like an old Ford Taurus without much power.
In his defense, you had 2 open lanes to your left. It's always better to make a proactive decision since you had a better view of the scenario.
Either way, a collision was avoided and nobody was hurt. Drive safely and be courteous! Everybody has bad days.
The other driver actually crossed two lanes (I guess technically merged into one and crossed another). He had no reason to to switch into the lane OP was in at that moment. I see that there was a dual lane exit coming up but that driver would've had plenty of room to merge, check traffic, and then change lanes out of the exit only lane.

I do agree with the courtesy of moving over to allow for a car to merge into your lane, but that car really shouldn't have switched two lanes that quickly without checking the blind spot. OP probably thought the car was going to merge into the right lane and not cross into his lane.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:17 PM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ttv36
The other driver actually crossed two lanes (I guess technically merged into one and crossed another). He had no reason to to switch into the lane OP was in at that moment. I see that there was a dual lane exit coming up but that driver would've had plenty of room to merge, check traffic, and then change lanes out of the exit only lane.

I do agree with the courtesy of moving over to allow for a car to merge into your lane, but that car really shouldn't have switched two lanes that quickly without checking the blind spot. OP probably thought the car was going to merge into the right lane and not cross into his lane.

While I think you are right about the driver "not checking", if you see in the video, all the traffic is ahead of op and the "moron". In the rear video shot, there is no traffic for a while.

So when he possibly checked before going 2 lanes over and op was in his blind spot. Possibilities and too many variables that's just hear say right now..

I had to turn the volume off because the voice... that voice
Old 09-26-2016, 06:18 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Yeah, I guess I titled the video wrong.

The Taurus drive could have continued driving on that lane or 1 lane over w/o a problem. About half a mile ahead, the lane he was currently on turns into a exit only lane. So he had plenty of time. (It wasn't really a merge to freeway lane).

Old 09-26-2016, 11:38 PM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
Yeah, I guess I titled the video wrong.

The Taurus drive could have continued driving on that lane or 1 lane over w/o a problem. About half a mile ahead, the lane he was currently on turns into a exit only lane. So he had plenty of time. (It wasn't really a merge to freeway lane).

OC representing! Miss that place a lot.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:18 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
either slow down to let them in or speed up to pass them
Old 09-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I'd point blame at both, they should have merged far before the end of the road but you, as a courtesy and to keep the flow of traffic smooth for everyone, should have moved over to let mergers over..
Old 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
He was obviously changing lanes without looking over his shoulder. This was not a merger issue. Probably no indicator blinking to signal lane change either.

Good thing you were going slow enough to be able to react, and catch his sudden lane departure.

Always look over the shoulder, and slowly and predictably change lanes, don't change lanes very quickly. Less chances of avoiding an accident. When changing at slower pace it gives you and the guy you didn't see in your blind spot, time to react,
Old 09-28-2016, 12:47 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
the 'moron' is at fault, no question. it is never OK to change two lanes simultaneously. the moron should have changed in to the first available lane, settled, and then proceeded with another shoulder check/signal for the next lane change. had he done that he would have seen the OP and would have waited for the 2nd lane change.

great news is that the OP was aware enough to react once the moron started his 2nd lane change. there was no reason initially for the OP to move over as there was already an open lane to the right of him for the moron to merge into. giving an extra buffer lane is not standard practice.
The following 2 users liked this post by canucklehead:
User 122320 (04-18-2017), VQpoppa (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
This exactly^^. The guy should have taken his lane then looked again before taking another. There's no fault at all to the OP. IF ANYTHING, he could have moved over to be safe but there was no reason to really.
The following users liked this post:
User 122320 (04-18-2017)
Old 09-28-2016, 02:39 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I'd point blame at both, they should have merged far before the end of the road but you, as a courtesy and to keep the flow of traffic smooth for everyone, should have moved over to let mergers over..
True, if the lane he was on was ending and he was had no choice.

But as you can see, he crossed over 2 lanes and proceeded to cross over 2 more lanes. All w/o signaling.

But I get what you are saying. I usually slow or speed up to let someone merge in. But this guy was clearly doing some unsafe lane change. (after he merged into my lane) there were still 2 lanes available on the right for another half mile).
Old 09-28-2016, 03:03 PM
VQpoppa
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Always assume they don't see you. Drop a gear and GO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [vid] idiot almost side swipes me.