What did you do to your coupe today?

Notices
G37 Coupe

What did you do to your coupe today?

Old 10-21-2018, 03:20 PM
skrolz

Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
Thanks guys!

I'm really happy I went with these wheels. I got the advice from here since initially I was thinking of going all black, happy I went with gunmetal. I'll be shipping off my headlights soon once my oemassives arrive. It'll be satin black painting for the shrouds + housing and smoking side reflector then adding dummy projectors for the quad halos. Really excited for this one!
Car looks amazing, bro. Damn.

And question... how are you getting smoked reflectors in the oemassives? Is that an option?
Old 10-21-2018, 05:00 PM
iddqd

Originally Posted by skrolz View Post
Car looks amazing, bro. Damn.

And question... how are you getting smoked reflectors in the oemassives? Is that an option?
Thanks a lot dude! It's pretty cool with what a few mods can do.

Ohh, so what I'm doing is taking my current headlights and shipping them off to a company. Then I'm going to just use the oemassives as they are until I get my headlights back which will be customized. I'll then swap them back in. Then I'll either just keep the oemassives as a cheap back up spare or just return it through eBay for my full money back (60 day return policy with them). For my headlights I'm getting that amber strip on the side smoked out so it'll just be a nice clear look on the outside, inside parts like the housing/shroud will be satin black so I can just visibly see the quad halos. Well that's the goal, haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to iddqd For This Useful Post:
skrolz (Today)
Old Yesterday, 06:05 AM
W Brett Heald

Originally Posted by iddqd View Post

Big time lurker here. I've had my g coupe for a couple of years now. So far I enjoy everything it offers! Earlier this year I've just been adding cosmetic/aesthetic mods to enjoy looking at her even more! I added a VIS Racing ams carbon fiber hood the other day. Fitment seems almost spot on so far besides getting the washer fluid hose clips back in so I just used 3m double sided tape to keep it intact. I'm really digging it. So far I've added: OEM rear spoiler, midnight grille, Depo eBay tail lights, carbon fiber element steering wheel + shift ****, gunmetal nismo wheels, IPL side skirts, gtr push to start button + carsmo *****, carbon fiber mirror covers and last week I had eibach pro-kit springs + hotchkis f&r sway bars installed so I'm letting them settle before an alignment and spc f&r camber kits installed. Autokits x v2 rear diffuser should hopefully arrive within two weeks and I just ordered the oemassive headlights to temporarily use while I ship off my headlights to get retrofitted - I think it'll really set off the front of the vehicle. After that, possibly the last big cosmetic mod I'd want is to do something with the fenders. I think the MFendz look really nice as well as the liberty walk/OC Garage fender flares but don't think I can pull off the latter.

I'm pretty content with the stock exhaust sound and don't want to be super loud at all times. I may look into just adding an axle back or see what black friday promos are going on for CBE. I also may look into getting my calipers powder coated. From searching on older threads here I think the burnt copper looks beautiful and may contrast well with my black g and gunmetal wheels. I'm fairly new to modding in general and will have to measure if I want to add wheel spacers to my front side since they are slightly sunken in compared to rears which are poking a little out after lowering.

Well, back to lurking but thank you very much to these forums for having a plethora of knowledge for these cars!
Awesome car.
Regarding oem spoilers for these, I did a search here but it wasn't conclusive, so i have a question, since you said it was one of your mods.
I want to change from having the chrome lip to oem color coded spoiler. I asked this company and they said the oem spoiler will not fit my 370gt coupe (aka g37) with chrome spoiler. Im not sure why. they said their customers had told them it wont fit.
Can you shed any light on this?
I assumed from my forum search that it was a matter of removing the chrome lip and drilling extra holes to fit the oem (or oem styled) spoiler.
I like this comoany's one because i want to retain my parcel tray high stop light and have the oem spoiler look but without having to reroute the light wiring and without having to have the light inside the spoiler.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281745756339?ul_noapp=true
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM
puttster

Bled the brakes. Funny thing, on my 2008 the rear bleeders take a 8mm and the fronts take a 9mm. I did not have the latter so I grinded the open end of the 8mm wrench to make it fit.
Also, the 90 degree fitting that came with my Mity-Vac had to be held on to the fitting with one hand, not a simple thing while pumping with the other hand and probably a reason why the brakes, while improved, are still kind of spongy.
Old Today, 01:10 AM
BigGfam

Those the stock S model 19" wheels lol but thanks

Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Very clean coupe, great choice in wheel shade, excellent match there!
Lllllllll
Old Today, 07:47 AM
iddqd

Originally Posted by W Brett Heald View Post
Awesome car.
Regarding oem spoilers for these, I did a search here but it wasn't conclusive, so i have a question, since you said it was one of your mods.
I want to change from having the chrome lip to oem color coded spoiler. I asked this company and they said the oem spoiler will not fit my 370gt coupe (aka g37) with chrome spoiler. Im not sure why. they said their customers had told them it wont fit.
Can you shed any light on this?
I assumed from my forum search that it was a matter of removing the chrome lip and drilling extra holes to fit the oem (or oem styled) spoiler.
I like this comoany's one because i want to retain my parcel tray high stop light and have the oem spoiler look but without having to reroute the light wiring and without having to have the light inside the spoiler.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281745756339?ul_noapp=true
Thanks Brett! The rear deck lid spoiler was my first mod I wanted to change since I didn't personally like the chrome lip. Do you think they had it mistaken with the 370z by any chance? That's weird. I personally went with the oem rear deck spoiler myself via parts.infinitiusa.com I used the 25% promo they always have going (ESTORE2018) to get it for a little over $400 shipped. Knowing now, I would have just waited and gotten a carbon fiber duckbill spoiler off of eBay.

At the time I didn't like the idea of myself drilling holes into my car so I took it down the street to a custom car shop. They knocked it out real quick for me so the installation is exactly liked you described and very straightforward. The spoiler I ordered came with instructions and all. Sorry I don't have more insight on that particular spoiler though.

Old Today, 09:42 AM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Finally wired in my halos, also did a wire tuck to wires pertaining to the headlights