Go Back  MyG37 > G-Spot > G37 Coupe
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your coupe today?

Notices
G37 Coupe

What did you do to your coupe today?

Old 07-09-2019, 08:39 PM
  #1651  
timc00k
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
timc00k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 351
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
JP does amazing work with headlights.

How's the fit on this carbon hood? Not seeing much of a gap from the photos.

timc00k is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:34 AM
  #1652  
iddqd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 122
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Oh yeah he did a great job I'm very happy with them! It's nice having better light output now compared to the tinted oemassives I had before lol. It looks like JP does crazy tail light builds too.

I'm pretty content with the slight gap there. I think having black obsidian helps so you can't really notice it much.
iddqd is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 10:23 AM
  #1653  
louith
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
louith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SoMD
Posts: 668
Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
Oh yeah he did a great job I'm very happy with them! It's nice having better light output now compared to the tinted oemassives I had before lol. It looks like JP does crazy tail light builds too.

I'm pretty content with the slight gap there. I think having black obsidian helps so you can't really notice it much.
JP is a good friend of mine. He does do good work. He did my tail lights a few years ago.


louith is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 01:22 PM
  #1654  
iddqd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 122
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by louith View Post
JP is a good friend of mine. He does do good work. He did my tail lights a few years ago.

Oh yeah, I was checking his builds out on IG. They look amazing. I wish I went with him first with my headlights instead of Will Hardee. I remember being awed by yours and Vizard's car when I first joined this site. Nicely done!

Last edited by iddqd; 07-12-2019 at 07:47 PM.
iddqd is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 06:36 PM
  #1655  
kicksdechris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 49
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Had the CompuStar Remote Start, DAS-II add on security sensors and DroneMobile installed. Loviní it. Hereís a vid on IG

kicksdechris is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 01:50 PM
  #1656  
iddqd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 122
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kicksdechris View Post
Had the CompuStar Remote Start, DAS-II add on security sensors and DroneMobile installed. Loviní it. Hereís a vid on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzwLu51B...d=q28hiqbz9gnk
Very nice! I had the exact set up installed last fall and I literally use it every day. It's probably the most functional mod lol.
iddqd is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 02:24 PM
  #1657  
kicksdechris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 49
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
Very nice! I had the exact set up installed last fall and I literally use it every day. It's probably the most functional mod lol.
Yeah im already in love it...had a couple of wierd shut downs after remote starting and going in reverse. Waiting for a response from CompuStar Support.

I think it has something to do with the motion sensor. Sometimes Iím quick to release the brake before the gear fully engages so it shuts down but for the meantime, my remedy is to just wait to release the brake when the rear camera powers on
kicksdechris is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:51 PM
  #1658  
iddqd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 122
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kicksdechris View Post
Yeah im already in love it...had a couple of wierd shut downs after remote starting and going in reverse. Waiting for a response from CompuStar Support.

I think it has something to do with the motion sensor. Sometimes Iím quick to release the brake before the gear fully engages so it shuts down but for the meantime, my remedy is to just wait to release the brake when the rear camera powers on
Oh that's weird. I think it automatically shuts down if you open your trunk/door and don't switch gear in a small time frame like 30 seconds or something like that. Maybe it's that?
iddqd is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:39 PM
  #1659  
kicksdechris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 49
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
Oh that's weird. I think it automatically shuts down if you open your trunk/door and don't switch gear in a small time frame like 30 seconds or something like that. Maybe it's that?
well computstar suggested that I have the installer test the components so this means i'll have to take some more time for them to remove the dc3 and das-ii to see whats up .smh, no cost to me since is brand new but going out of my way again to get this looked at is a drag.
kicksdechris is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:07 PM
  #1660  
iddqd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 122
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kicksdechris View Post
well computstar suggested that I have the installer test the components so this means i'll have to take some more time for them to remove the dc3 and das-ii to see whats up .smh, no cost to me since is brand new but going out of my way again to get this looked at is a drag.
Yeah that's a total pain of having to let them check it out again. It's what my installer told me when I had my walk-around. I think he told me it was a 30-45 second window once you open the trunk or door, then once you switch from parking it'll automatically shut off for a safety precaution. If you find out it's possible to not have that please let me know! I'm so used to just switching it from P to D back to P real quick once I get in lol.
iddqd is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:25 PM
  #1661  
kicksdechris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 49
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
Yeah that's a total pain of having to let them check it out again. It's what my installer told me when I had my walk-around. I think he told me it was a 30-45 second window once you open the trunk or door, then once you switch from parking it'll automatically shut off for a safety precaution. If you find out it's possible to not have that please let me know! I'm so used to just switching it from P to D back to P real quick once I get in lol.
found out the problem and solution...it wasn't the switching gears that was the problem, it was the fact that I pushed down on the brake initially...apprarently with cars that use a smart key you have to get in the car (like you said) within 45 seconds after you unlock it and close the door...

to initiate the "take over" you have to depress the brake (not holding it down, just press it down once), then you can hold it down to change the gears...

I was told that incase of theft, if someone just tries to change the gears quickly, it'll shut off. so we all have just remember to depress the brake once before holding it down to change gears
kicksdechris is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:32 PM
  #1662  
iddqd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 122
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kicksdechris View Post
found out the problem and solution...it wasn't the switching gears that was the problem, it was the fact that I pushed down on the brake initially...apprarently with cars that use a smart key you have to get in the car (like you said) within 45 seconds after you unlock it and close the door...

to initiate the "take over" you have to depress the brake (not holding it down, just press it down once), then you can hold it down to change the gears...

I was told that incase of theft, if someone just tries to change the gears quickly, it'll shut off. so we all have just remember to depress the brake once before holding it down to change gears
Sweet. There you go! That sounds about right.
iddqd is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:19 AM
  #1663  
cMar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Missouri
Posts: 36
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Took out the Invidia Geminiís giant muffler and had some custom straight pipes installed. Paired with ART pipes itís chest shivering loud but still a deep roar, perfect for me.


cMar is offline  
Old 07-15-2019, 11:53 AM
  #1664  
rk325
Registered User
 
rk325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 59
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just bought this hood and will carbon fiber vinyl wrap it. Will post pics later on.

rk325 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Jeebus
Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
6
08-25-2018 10:50 PM
LegitMW
Private Classifieds
9
12-21-2016 07:43 PM
Purist
Private Classifieds
9
05-04-2016 11:46 PM
rsattler26
Intake and Exhaust
18
04-07-2016 05:11 PM
VQCrew
Intake and Exhaust
17
04-07-2016 05:05 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.