Lowering Springs for a G37xS

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 02:43 AM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Lowering Springs for a G37xS

Hey everyone.

So I am looking to lower my 2012 G37xS Coup. I am thinking about using the lowering springs from EIBACH PRO-KIT SPRING SET. I was wondering how do you guys like them?

I don't track my car and I mainly want to decrease the ride height and improve performance from a day to day driving point of view. From most research I made on the site, alignment shouldn't be an issue but is this always the case?

Also would the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring set shorten my shock and struct's life expectancy?

Everything else on my 2012 G37XS is stock.

Lastly, other than Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set that I have mentioned, what other great springs do you all recommend?

Last edited by G37xS-Life; 06-13-2016 at 04:25 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:25 AM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

For got to ask earlier.

Also, are the "Sagging Rear End" that others have spoke about in the past with Eibach springs specifically to verts only?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:44 AM
coupecruisin

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the pro kit on my 09 X. I installed hotchkis sways about 2 weeks before installing the springs and the ride was phenomenal. Now the springs are on and the ride is pretty harsh IMO. But, on the plus side, it does look much better lowered.
The following users liked this post:
G37xS-Life (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 03:17 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xS-Life
Hey everyone.

So I am looking to lower my 2012 G37xS Coup. I am thinking about using the lowering springs from EIBACH PRO-KIT SPRING SET. I was wondering how do you guys like them?

I don't track my car and I mainly want to decrease the ride height and improve performance from a day to day driving point of view. From most research I made on the site, alignment shouldn't be an issue but is this always the case?

Also would the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring set shorten my shock and struct's life expectancy?

Everything else on my 2012 G37XS is stock.

Lastly, other than Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set that I have mentioned, what other great springs do you all recommend?
I know a lot of guys run Eibach on their G's and all seem to have good things to say. As for other options I have Swift Springs, on my 13xS coupe. Not quite as low as Eibach but close. I put them on a week ago, let it settle and had it aligned today. They were able to get everything within spec except camber and even that is really close. There is virtually no loss in ride quality but I can def. notice benefit in turns, not to mention it looks a lot better. Shock life may be reduced simply because they aren't operating within the limits for which they were designed, however its hard to tell what the exact toll this will take as it'll depend on a variety of factors (e.g. age, driving style, road conditions).

Good luck with whatever you choose! A little lowering is a must for the xS IMO since our stock ride height is so high.
G37xS-Life (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 04:33 PM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Thank you to both (coupecruisin and KidJai06).

So in terms of alignment issues and considering how each G37xS responds differently to lowering springs; what alignment kits/equipments do I need to ensure the tires will be aligned to factory specs? What are good brands for these equipments?

Also, in terms of shocks and struts, what are some good ones other than OEM that will handle well with either the Swifts or Eibach lowering springs?
Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Thank you to both (coupecruisin and KidJai06).

So in terms of alignment issues and considering how each G37xS responds differently to lowering springs; what alignment kits/equipments do I need to ensure the tires will be aligned to factory specs? What are good brands for these equipments?

Also, in terms of shocks and struts, what are some good ones other than OEM that will handle well with either the Swifts or Eibach lowering springs?
If you are going with a mild drop like Eibach or Swift it would seem camber kits are somewhat optional and/or for peace of mind. SPC is one of the more common kits people seem to go with. If you want to set it up a notch or two go with SPL. A little bit out of spec for camber isn't a real big deal, toe is the bigger concern as it can cause poor/excessive tire wear. I was able to get my toe easily within spec. so I'm not concerned about adding anything extra. You can pick up toe bolts which with some minor modification can add adjustment if required. I'm pretty sure there is a DIY available on the forum if you go that route.

Unfortunately when it comes to shocks we are at a disadvantage having AWD as there isn't much in the way of aftermarket parts. You can pick up KYB from various places like Rock Auto but they are essentially OEM replacement and still not entirely made to handle the drop. The only "ideal" solution in this area is to go to coilovers which obviously are much more expensive but have plenty of benefits as well. Personally my plan is to stick with my Swift springs and if/when the shocks start to go will then go to a nice coilover setup.
G37xS-Life (06-15-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 07:31 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
ugh i have rear tanabe nf210 springs for sale new if anyones interested look for it in the marketplace
G37xS-Life (06-15-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 10:34 PM
VQHAY

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I will have my swift springs for awd coupe for sale soon. Going with coilovers, had them installed 3 months ago. Has probably about 1800 miles top.
G37xS-Life (06-15-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 01:39 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
I have the Eibach Pro Kit on my X coupe and i think as for springs they're great. I live in NJ and the weather especially snow is pretty bad but I've lasted 2 winters so far without any issues.

I can't really speak on other brands but swift have good reviews as well but not as nice of a drop as the Eibachs from what I've seen. The Swift is more of a subtle drop.

Here's some close up pictures of my drop to compare what yours will look like on all 4 sides on an awd coupe.
Attached Thumbnails Lowering Springs for a G37xS-20160610_122928.jpg   Lowering Springs for a G37xS-20160610_122938.jpg   Lowering Springs for a G37xS-20160610_122952.jpg   Lowering Springs for a G37xS-20160610_123001.jpg  
G37xS-Life (06-15-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 09:33 AM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by KidJai06
I know a lot of guys run Eibach on their G's and all seem to have good things to say. As for other options I have Swift Springs, on my 13xS coupe. Not quite as low as Eibach but close. I put them on a week ago, let it settle and had it aligned today. They were able to get everything within spec except camber and even that is really close. There is virtually no loss in ride quality but I can def. notice benefit in turns, not to mention it looks a lot better. Shock life may be reduced simply because they aren't operating within the limits for which they were designed, however its hard to tell what the exact toll this will take as it'll depend on a variety of factors (e.g. age, driving style, road conditions).

Good luck with whatever you choose! A little lowering is a must for the xS IMO since our stock ride height is so high.
Agree with KidJai06 completely. My Swift springs have been great and I would describe them exactly as he did. Comfortable ride quality, better looks, better feeling in the turns. Shocks probably aren't taking that much of a hit considering the mild drop. Unless you bottom out the suspension on the regular you probably won't see much of a difference in shock life span.
G37xS-Life (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 04:43 PM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Thank you everyone.

So, I've been looking into various options and also looking into adjustable coilovers (as someone have suggested in a previous reply).

What are some good brands? Can someone point me in the right direction on researching information for a great coilover set up?
Old 06-15-2016, 05:51 PM
coupecruisin

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...yg37+coilovers
G37xS-Life (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 06:20 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Thank you everyone.

So, I've been looking into various options and also looking into adjustable coilovers (as someone have suggested in a previous reply).

What are some good brands? Can someone point me in the right direction on researching information for a great coilover set up?
Some of the more prominent names for the X models to get you started would be KSport, Fortune, and Stance. KSport will be a little easier on the wallet. Fortune and Stance from what I can tell are pretty good quality and you can add Swift spring upgrades for an added cost. If I were you I would spend some time searching through threads on here as there are a wide array of them. You would also want to decide between a true coilover or OEM type.

The key in your research is 1.) Make sure the brand/style is available for the X, 2.) Read as many reviews as you can to get a good feel for how people like the setup and 3.) Figure out what your looking for with respect to ride height/quality etc.

Lowering much below an 1.5" you'll get into camber/toe kit territory. It all adds up quick but you can get a pretty nice setup.
G37xS-Life (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 06:41 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
Thank you everyone.

There is a sticky thread in the suspension forum: G37X Coilover Options
G37xS-Life (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 04:08 AM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Thank you all. I will continue my research on this. I rather do it once and do it right.

In terms of adjustable coilovers, I am thinking that every time I change in height of the ride would require the vehicle getting alignment done right?

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs for a G37xS