Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Coupe Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 05:24 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
You can reach out to topspeed directly too. I think they were the seller on ebay.
The following users liked this post:
skrolz (08-06-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 10:58 PM
RaiyuKT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skrolz
Apologies for the n00b: are the Top Speed Axle-back exhausts for the coupe still a thing? I've been searching, and I see posts about "OMG only $285" from less than a year ago, but I can't find them anywhere either in stock or near that price.

Can someone point me in the right direction or suggest an axle-back that is comparable in price/quality?

I'm only looking for something slightly louder and more aggressive than stock and to pair up with my autokitsx diffuser.

Thanks for any help!
I am actually running the topspeed pro axle back 1 with mufflers. It gives it a nice deeper tone without being nuch louder. I'm also running the autokitsx v2 kit. The tips are a bit big and may touch the diffuser a little. Topspeed has their own website where you can purchase their exhaust. Also there are websites such as conceptzperformance, (where I got mine), that also sell this type of axle back. If you do not want topspeed specifically, there are other exhaust brands such as manzo or tanabe that could work for you. Depends on your price range and what you want.
skrolz (07-29-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 12:14 AM
FSUGrad90

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Apologies for the n00b: are the Top Speed Axle-back exhausts for the coupe still a thing? I've been searching, and I see posts about "OMG only $285" from less than a year ago, but I can't find them anywhere either in stock or near that price.

Can someone point me in the right direction or suggest an axle-back that is comparable in price/quality?

I'm only looking for something slightly louder and more aggressive than stock and to pair up with my autokitsx diffuser.

Thanks for any help!
I have a 2012 convertible and have recently installed the Top Speed Pro 1 plus Kinetix Hi flow cats , I bought it off of Ebay BTW I paid $485

skrolz (07-29-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 11:08 AM
axis.
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for any help!
I had the axleback with no mufflers with my autokitsx v2 diffuser and like one poster said, the tips were really close the diffuser. It didn't get burned but it wasn't the best fitment. Maybe you'll have better luck adjusting the it though.

Additionally, while the exhaust tips look good against the OEM bumper, the tips look comically small when paired with the AKV2 diffuser.

I'm now running the ARK CBE with the 5" tips with the AKV2 and it looks way, way better.

But I absolutely loved the way the car sounded with the axleback. My favourite exhaust set up I've had so far when it comes to sound. But looking for a Motordyne exhaust now lol
skrolz (07-29-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 01:20 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by axis.
I had the axleback with no mufflers with my autokitsx v2 diffuser and like one poster said, the tips were really close the diffuser. It didn't get burned but it wasn't the best fitment. Maybe you'll have better luck adjusting the it though.

Additionally, while the exhaust tips look good against the OEM bumper, the tips look comically small when paired with the AKV2 diffuser.

I'm now running the ARK CBE with the 5" tips with the AKV2 and it looks way, way better.

But I absolutely loved the way the car sounded with the axleback. My favourite exhaust set up I've had so far when it comes to sound. But looking for a Motordyne exhaust now lol
Coming for an ARK and now running the E370, you're gonna fall in love once you get the MD.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:32 PM
axis.
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SkyG37
Coming for an ARK and now running the E370, you're gonna fall in love once you get the MD.
This seems to be the consensus but being from Canada, the exhaust will run me 3K easily...difficult to justify but God the youtube clips make it sound so perfect...

I'm running ART pipes too so I'd probably complain about the MD being too loud haha (which is still better than being too quiet, I guess)
Old 08-03-2018, 11:11 PM
nightmaarez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my G37 yesterday (technically Q60), and the first thing I want to do is make it louder somehow. I would prefer to go as cheap as possible, which to my knowledge is a muffler delete? However, it seems like a lot of people on here don’t like muffler deletes that much. After hearing some YouTube videos I think it sounds fine, but I was wondering if it hurts the car in any way. If it does, what’s the best route to go if you’re on a budget to make the car louder without necessarily “hurting” it?
Old 08-05-2018, 11:31 PM
axis.
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nightmaarez
Just got my G37 yesterday (technically Q60), and the first thing I want to do is make it louder somehow. I would prefer to go as cheap as possible, which to my knowledge is a muffler delete? However, it seems like a lot of people on here don’t like muffler deletes that much. After hearing some YouTube videos I think it sounds fine, but I was wondering if it hurts the car in any way. If it does, what’s the best route to go if you’re on a budget to make the car louder without necessarily “hurting” it?
If you want loud and don't care about performance then just do a muffler delete. Pay for some nice piping/tips so it doesn't look ghetto. Who cares what ppl think as long as your car still sounds good IMO

A couple years ago I paid $470 for my topspeed axleback (I'm in Canada) which is literally a muffler delete with decent piping. Could have probably done the exact same thing for $300 at an exhaust shop.

I'm running ARK + ART pipes now, but my favourite setup I've had on the car for sound is the muffler delete + HFC lol
Old 08-06-2018, 02:01 PM
nightmaarez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by axis.
If you want loud and don't care about performance then just do a muffler delete. Pay for some nice piping/tips so it doesn't look ghetto. Who cares what ppl think as long as your car still sounds good IMO

A couple years ago I paid $470 for my topspeed axleback (I'm in Canada) which is literally a muffler delete with decent piping. Could have probably done the exact same thing for $300 at an exhaust shop.

I'm running ARK + ART pipes now, but my favourite setup I've had on the car for sound is the muffler delete + HFC lol
Okay thank you, will most likely just do a muffler delete then because the stock 330hp is more than enough haha. Do you think it's better then to just have an exhaust shop cut the muffler out and put their own pipes in? I was looking at some axlebacks as well, but like you said just having a shop do it seems much cheaper.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:44 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
It's a crapshoot depending on the shop. Custom work vs factory made.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:07 AM
axis.
Registered Member

My opinion is either snag an axleback (I'm assuming you're in USA so it's cheap) or go to a custom shop and ask for quotes to fab up a piece and then determine what's more worth it to you. I don't like the idea of hacking up the OEM exhaust in case you ever need it again but the end result will all be the same lol
Old 08-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Peter Jordan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got the invidia gemini and its too quiet and i cant do anything with the stock cats since im in cali

Im looking at changing it out for the 12" resonated Fast intentions cat back and selling the invidia. Can anyone comment how loud it is ? Thank you
Old 08-14-2018, 11:14 AM
F13SC
Registered Member

Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts
Test pipes woke up my Invidia nicely, maybe try resonated test pipes
Old 08-14-2018, 09:14 PM
spock
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by F13SC
Test pipes woke up my Invidia nicely, maybe try resonated test pipes
He's in Cali. I am pretty sure test pipes are a no in California.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:55 PM
Peter Jordan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spock
He's in Cali. I am pretty sure test pipes are a no in California.
Yeah I cant do test pipes :[ or else I'd definitely would

Quick Reply: The Coupe Exhaust Thread