Tein Street Basis Coilovers

Old 02-28-2016, 12:54 PM
SiKHG37
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tein Street Basis Coilovers

So I just got my tein street basis coilovers a few days ago and I'm not sure if I should do the install myself or take it to a shop to get it installed. Has anyone installed these? If so, what degree of difficulty would you say the process was? Any feedback is appreciated!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:59 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by SiKHG37
So I just got my tein street basis coilovers a few days ago and I'm not sure if I should do the install myself or take it to a shop to get it installed. Has anyone installed these? If so, what degree of difficulty would you say the process was? Any feedback is appreciated!
Shoot a PM to 4DRZ, he DIYd his Basis coilovers. IMO it's not a hard install but everyone is different in what they can do or how hard it may be to them.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:08 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
1 easy, 10 I don't do...2-3, for me. Would help if someone did a how-to for a coil over.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:23 PM
SiKHG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by m3clubracer
1 easy, 10 I don't do...2-3, for me. Would help if someone did a how-to for a coil over.
Yea I agree. 2-3 doesn't sound bad at all.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:24 PM
SiKHG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Shoot a PM to 4DRZ, he DIYd his Basis coilovers. IMO it's not a hard install but everyone is different in what they can do or how hard it may be to them.
Thanks Brad I'll definitely PM 4DRZ!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:26 AM
steez

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How do the Tein Street Basis drive?
I'm wanting to drop but will sacrifice a little comfort/luxury for more performance/handling.
I'm thinking these and sways down the road.

Is there another coilover that improves handling in the same price range as these?
Seems like Megans are on same level as the normal Tein Basis -- just lowers but doesn't improve handling much.

I see there's also a TEIN FLEX-Z for about $900 MSRP. Can anyone comment on those as well ?

Last edited by steez; 03-14-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:23 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
BC Coilovers for the win in my opinion for awd and rwd cars. PM Topher9245 for details and the best prices out there for sure. He's a great guy and will answer any questions you have.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:29 AM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by steez
How do the Tein Street Basis drive?
I'm wanting to drop but will sacrifice a little comfort/luxury for more performance/handling.
I'm thinking these and sways down the road.

They're a bit soft/bouncy for me but mind you, when I picked up my car I already had the Tein S-techs installed so I can't compare it to how the stock setup feels like. There's also more noticeable body roll when I'm going through curves at high speeds but I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I raised the car a bit when I installed the coilovers or because of the coilovers themselves. Probably a combination of both!?! I do plan on getting sways in the future which I'm hoping will help with these issues.

Regardless though, I'd say the Tein Basis is a great investment to get your car to the perfect height you want without all the additional bells and whistles of adjusting preload, damping, etc etc.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:34 AM
steez

Originally Posted by sLADe781
They're a bit soft/bouncy for me but mind you, when I picked up my car I already had the Tein S-techs installed so I can't compare it to how the stock setup feels like. There's also more noticeable body roll when I'm going through curves at high speeds but I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I raised the car a bit when I installed the coilovers or because of the coilovers themselves. Probably a combination of both!?! I do plan on getting sways in the future which I'm hoping will help with these issues.

Regardless though, I'd say the Tein Basis is a great investment to get your car to the perfect height you want without all the additional bells and whistles of adjusting preload, damping, etc etc.
Tein Basis or Tein Street Basis ?
Old 03-15-2016, 10:43 AM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I love Tein, they are built tough, but for the extra money, I would go the next tier up. I need dampening because I am picky as hell and need versatility.

The Flex Z are on my my mind right now. Can pick up some brand new for $825 shipped. Against BC since I heard horror stories about creaking. Of course there is stance..but I think I will test my luck with the flex due to price, and my experience of Tein
Old 03-15-2016, 12:39 PM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by steez
Tein Basis or Tein Street Basis ?

Basis/Street Basis...they're the same thing, right?

TEIN USA | COILOVER KIT & SPRING KIT SEARCH ?INFINITI?G37 COUPE?2008+
Old 03-15-2016, 03:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by sLADe781
Basis/Street Basis...they're the same thing, right?

TEIN USA | COILOVER KIT & SPRING KIT SEARCH ?INFINITI?G37 COUPE?2008+
Basis or Street Basis would be the same, these are the newest and improved version of the original Tein BASIC, pretty easy to get confused, lol.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:10 PM
steez

Originally Posted by blnewt
Basis or Street Basis would be the same, these are the newest and improved version of the original Tein BASIC, pretty easy to get confused, lol.
So I guess Flex Z is best for improving handling?
Basis/Street Basis is more cosmetic?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:02 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
If I were locked into the Teins, and it's strictly for street, yep, I'd go for the Flex Z's. The Mono Sports are the next step up and honestly they're going to be quite aggressive on the street and the spring rates are pretty severe. I'm sure the damping rates match but still...and you can't buy them with any other spring rate according to Tein, you have to buy a new set of springs. The Flex Z's have a more reasonable but performance oriented rate and they're still twin tube so plenty of piston stroke. Should be a step up from the IPL's dampers.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:50 PM
NZTY_VQ
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kennyz424
BC Coilovers for the win in my opinion for awd and rwd cars. PM Topher9245 for details and the best prices out there for sure. He's a great guy and will answer any questions you have.
BC coilovers suck! Have em currently on my 13 g37 rwd sedan clunking noise in the rear like a ****!! Might sell em and get tein or D2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tein Street Basis Coilovers