Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Question about LSD

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:20 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Question about LSD

So I have a 2011 G37 Journey 7AT w/o VLSD. I was just curious if it was worth purchasing LSD down the line and if anyone could recommend one for me. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Mr_Mer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I stole this answer from another forum...

-unless you are in dirt/snow, or regularly break traction, then you don't need it.
-If you do any of the above, it will benefit you.
-If you race, it is a MUST.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:29 PM
GW330
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
^^ sums it up.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I have driven both and it makes no difference in daily driving unless you do a launch. It makes an obvious difference in the rain while accelerating through a turn or stop and go traffic up hill. I haven't drivin it in the snow yet so I couldn't help ya there.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:27 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
^ What Kris said.. You can definitely tell the difference accelerating in tight turns in the rain. Like when pull out in traffic on wet roads and you need get out quickly. W/o LSD your inside wheel spins more. With LSD the outside wheel will help move you if the inside breaks loose. Or both will hook up and you will powerslide toward opposite lock lol...
Old 02-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Al Czervik
Pawn in Game of Life

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by xmajd92
I was just curious if it was worth purchasing LSD and if anyone could recommend one for me.
I always thought it was worth it and would recommend window pane if you can find it...
Old 02-22-2016, 04:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Al Czervik
I always thought it was worth it and would recommend window pane if you can find it...
Calm down there, been there done that, not something for this distraction-obsessed society, lol.
The following users liked this post:
Al Czervik (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
It's very easy to break traction in my 7AT IPL and while its controllable, any among of steering input at or near full throttle results in lots of wheelspin. I can feel the LSD working and it's controllable but I do have to manage the throttle and steering input. I can't imagine not having an LSD equipped differential.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:37 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I have driven both and it makes no difference in daily driving unless you do a launch. It makes an obvious difference in the rain while accelerating through a turn or stop and go traffic up hill. I haven't drivin it in the snow yet so I couldn't help ya there.
Originally Posted by Ape Factory
It's very easy to break traction in my 7AT IPL and while its controllable, any among of steering input at or near full throttle results in lots of wheelspin. I can feel the LSD working and it's controllable but I do have to manage the throttle and steering input. I can't imagine not having an LSD equipped differential.
I actually had gotten into a fender bender a few days ago while driving to work in the rain. I was making a sort of, u turn, as I turned right into the business complex. As I was slowing down to make the turn I lost traction and fishtailed into the fence. The feeling was gut wrenching, hearing the sound of metal to metal. I paused for a bit then continued to my parking spot. Stepped out to inspect the damage and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but still hard to accept my Gina having any scratch on her. I posted pics of the damage. It gave me a little curb rash too and I just got these the wheels too...smh

By the way, I had also cleaned my throttle bodies recently before this had occurred.

Question about LSD-photo431.jpg
Question about LSD-photo134.jpg
Old 02-26-2016, 09:04 AM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think having a LSD is noticeable and it is one of the reasons I was drawn to this car. I cross shopped the BMW 335i and took it on an aggressive test drive. The one wheel peel occurred around corners and I immediately knew I didn't like the car. $50K car and no LSD in the BMW! What a joke. Same issue in the M235i I recently tested. Only the true M cars come with a LSD.

I will never buy a RWD drive car without a LSD.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:45 AM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Lysergic acid diethylamide (/daɪ eθəl ˈæmaɪd/ or /æmɪd/ or /eɪmaɪd/),[5][6][7] abbreviated LSD or LSD-25, also known as lysergide and colloquially as acid, is a psychedelic drug of the ergoline family, well known for its psychological effects—which can include altered thinking processes, closed- and open-eye visuals, synesthesia, an altered sense of time, and spiritual experiences—as well as for its key role in 1960s counterculture. It is used mainly as an entheogen and recreational drug. LSD is not addictive.[8] However, acute adverse psychiatric reactions such as anxiety, paranoia, and delusions are possible.[9]
The following users liked this post:
Al Czervik (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 06:48 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Originally Posted by steven92
Lysergic acid diethylamide (/daɪ eθəl ˈæmaɪd/ or /æmɪd/ or /eɪmaɪd/),[5][6][7] abbreviated LSD or LSD-25, also known as lysergide and colloquially as acid, is a psychedelic drug of the ergoline family, well known for its psychological effects—which can include altered thinking processes, closed- and open-eye visuals, synesthesia, an altered sense of time, and spiritual experiences—as well as for its key role in 1960s counterculture. It is used mainly as an entheogen and recreational drug. LSD is not addictive.[8] However, acute adverse psychiatric reactions such as anxiety, paranoia, and delusions are possible.[9]
Is this a joke? I'm clearly talking about Limited Slip Differentials lol. Not the drug
Old 02-29-2016, 08:46 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by xmajd92
Is this a joke? I'm clearly talking about Limited Slip Differentials lol. Not the drug
Yes, it was a joke
Old 02-29-2016, 06:14 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by steven92
Good one
Old 06-09-2017, 02:13 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

So I'm reviving this thread again to see anyone has purchased any aftermarket LSD for their 7at. What are your thoughts and opinions on oem VLSD vs any other aftermarket LSD. I will be looking into purchasing one in the near future.

Quick Reply: Question about LSD