Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIS carbon fiber hood issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 01:39 AM
demo401

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Question VIS carbon fiber hood issue?

So i bought my car and the hood was included. It was never installed so one day i figure i install it just to see how it would look. TBH i didnt like how it looked. Too "racing" look for me so anyway, As i was installing it i noticed there was no hardware no latch lock on both ends. Figuring no biggie i use my stock one. I unscrewed them from my factory hood and go to apply to the VIS. Does NOT fit. Its too small compared to the female on the vis. So im assuming they didnt send the hardware when he bought it. I been emailing the company back and fourth for a week now and they seem completely CLUELESS to my issue saying theyve never heard of this issue. Common sense my latch/hinges does not fit on the thread u guys cut out on the hood! What can be done? Getting replies like "Go to a home improvement" store and try to match it up. WTF?! Anyone esle run these hoods or ever had an issue?? Can see the latch that is something I will not find at lowes or home dept.
Name:  F2373F1C-836A-40C4-A6DC-B6C2489FBA9F_zpsdprow2rq.jpg
Views: 2142
Size:  111.9 KBName:  2A508F89-CAA9-4D2A-8969-90840AAD3974_zpsxmvnekgo.jpg
Views: 8482
Size:  136.4 KB
Old 12-29-2015, 08:52 PM
demo401

Update: VIS customer service SUCKS!! They keep telling me they do not know what my issue is how tf do u not know?!?! I sent them numerous pics but continue to beat behind the bush here i am stuck with a 1,000 paperweight with no help from the dealer what so ever!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:22 PM
-SnowMan-

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Tell them if they don't let you return it for a full refund you will do a chargeback on your credit card?
Old 12-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
did you think about asking the previous owner if he has the hardware?
Old 12-30-2015, 01:21 PM
demo401

Originally Posted by -SnowMan-
Tell them if they don't let you return it for a full refund you will do a chargeback on your credit card?
it came with the car but was never installed.

Originally Posted by Landshark
did you think about asking the previous owner if he has the hardware?
I asked him he said a shop did everything so he doesnt even know. Hes not much help at all. Either way VIS company is terrible service u would think they would AT LEAST sell me the part or guide me to the right direction other than saying go to a home improvement store
Old 12-30-2015, 01:43 PM
demo401

Here is the link to the part Look for 2008-2013 Infiniti G37 2Dr Ams Carbon Fiber Hood? We offer the best q Vis Racing Sports Inc. Wanna give everyone a heads up about this company im stuck with a 1200 dollar hood thats gonna rot in the basement. Maybe one day i might have a shop fab up the hardware for me but im so pissed with VIS racing that i wanna burn it and put it on youtube. ****ty company for sure
Old 01-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I ended up installing hood pins for the hood and they worked perfectly to get the fitment nice and latch securely. Maybe that will help out!
The following users liked this post:
VIS (01-12-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 09:36 PM
demo401

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
I ended up installing hood pins for the hood and they worked perfectly to get the fitment nice and latch securely. Maybe that will help out!
I thought about that too but its not the look im not looking for. would have to drill a hole run a cable something i shouldnt have to do if a company would provide good service. VIS racing u guys are sh1tty company i even sent them the link to this thread to let them know im not playing.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:10 AM
demo401

This weak company still beats behind the bush and refuse to help me and basically calling me an idiot smh
Old 01-06-2016, 10:35 AM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by demo401

This weak company still beats behind the bush and refuse to help me and basically calling me an idiot smh
WOW, that is pretty sh!tty customer service!!
Old 01-06-2016, 12:14 PM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
That's crap, i am steering clear of that company. I would recommend you hit BBB on them but you bought off someone else, you may still be able to file your experience with them though.
The following users liked this post:
demo401 (01-15-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 10:14 PM
VIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sLADe781
WOW, that is pretty sh!tty customer service!!
Originally Posted by VaderK52
That's crap, i am steering clear of that company. I would recommend you hit BBB on them but you bought off someone else, you may still be able to file your experience with them though.
I honestly don't see how I provided bad customer service, even if judged off that one email. There was more to this that the OP has omitted, and much more belittling and profanity in his following emails after that response. In that response, I was trolling a little, because of the name calling and irrationality that the OP was displaying.

It's no secret or anything we deny that some molds are made here, but all mass production is overseas. I pointed him to a home improvement store because they have a bolt section. If you know a general size, you can go into there and get the correct bolt for thread/pitch/depth/etc. It's a little more difficult with a hood, but I had to do the same thing with a spoiler that I have from here, because it did not come with bolts, so I walked in with my spoiler and tested different bolts. Other customers that have lost hardware to the rain diverters or scoops were also directed there by me, and they were able to talk to the store and walked out to their car to test out a couple bolts, and purchase what worked.

The hood came with the car, and while it may be new, it was not untouched. The previous owner of the vehicle that threw it in with the purchase did not want to help the OP anymore, because they had an altercation over a deal that went south, which was self-admitted by the OP. I was helping him with what I could, but from the start, I informed him that those latches on the OEM hood are OEM, and that we don't sell or manufacture the hardware here. If I did, I could easily sell him the product, but I informed him way ahead that I couldn't.

Thank you to LT8che for being reasonable and installing hood pins. If there was a reason that you could not install it, please share that. I have never heard of any issues with people installing our products onto their cars until the OP's problem, and then with LT8che. I even listed companies that specialize in Nissan's and Infiniti's and sell our products on a large scale. If they received complaints about my products, I would've heard it from them and either remedied the issue, or they would've either chosen to not sell our products anymore, or not able to.

I'm not out to mislead, or "duck" anyone. If there's an issue that's valid, I will address it. If I'm in the wrong and the company is as well, I seriously would not hesitate to tell you not to buy from us. I would rather sell something that people are happy with, than to just sell something for the sake of making money, and ignoring anyone after that. I could've easily ignored the OP for his emails cursing and name calling, but that's not how I do things. I stick to the advice I gave, and even told him that if I had a hood here I would be able to see what was there, but I'm sold out and don't have a G37 myself, so I'm definitely not going to fake expertise about this vehicle to get him out of the way.

Fred
Old 01-06-2016, 10:17 PM
VIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lt8Che
I appreciate the response you gave to attempt to help the OP, as well as our product. You can let me know here, or to my email about why you had to use hood pins (unless it was a choice), and for the information, I will offer you a deal on any products I have, if you need. Our hoods are made to be replacement parts, and should have no modifications except for hood pins, which we recommend for safety, since we also don't know the intended end use, or how the hood is being cared for and closed.

Fred
Old 01-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
VIS's email doesn't seem that unreasonable. You didn't buy the hood from him, it was given to you by somebody. He has no incentive to help you whatsoever.

Great customer service would be to spoon feed you everything you need and kiss your ***. Good customer service will point you in the right direction and let you figure it out yourself. He didn't make a dime off of you and he has no reason to help you with this problem. I'd say he didn't really do anything worth anyone refusing to order from them.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:08 AM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by VIS
I honestly don't see how I provided bad customer service, even if judged off that one email. There was more to this that the OP has omitted, and much more belittling and profanity in his following emails after that response. In that response, I was trolling a little, because of the name calling and irrationality that the OP was displaying.
I do not know what he did or did not say, or what his attitude was like with you. And I do feel as though your advice to was sound and correct. I have no issue with that. However, capitalizing "LOL" and laughing at someone who is still technically a consumer of your product, (regardless of if they purchased it directly or not) is highly unprofessional. You even admit to "trolling a little." That is unacceptable! I have almost 10 years of previous experience in retail and customer service management and no matter what they said or how they acted I would never laugh at or troll them, because it was my JOB to handle it professionally.

Currently, acting as a purchaser for Caterpillar, if I received an e-mail like that from a supplier, I would immediately pull a multi-million dollar contract from them.

Yes, he probably was irate, and he probably said unprofessional things as well. But the fact of the matter is: It is your job, and your responsibility to handle those things professionally. I imagine that is what VIS pays you for. And with a title like "Director of Marketing" I'd expect much more. I'm appalled by not only the unprofessionalism, but by the fact you came here and defended it. By defending it you are admitting you feel like it is okay to laugh at and troll consumers of your product on behalf of the company.

I have purchased VIS products before, and because of this I won't be returning to VIS for anything else, and will advise against it to anyone I hear thinking about purchasing one of your products as well. But I'm sure you won't care about that either.

Just my .02...

Last edited by Sway_NV; 01-07-2016 at 12:16 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Sway_NV:
demo401 (01-15-2016), Eyeshield25 (01-08-2016), sLADe781 (01-07-2016), VaderK52 (01-07-2016)

Quick Reply: VIS carbon fiber hood issue?