Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Worth HFC's w/ Motordyne E370

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 02:55 AM
Rogue_G

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Worth HFC's w/ Motordyne E370

What's up bros, I've had the full Motordyne E370 exhaust w/ their full cat system for a while now.....I couldn't have been more happier with this exhaust. Excuse my french, but it's F*CKING phenominal! To this day, I still believe it's the best sounding exhaust for our G's. Anywho, I bought the exhaust because of the sound and the performance. I am currently looking at power-adders and I am considering HFC's. Would it be a worthwhile investment to purchase some HFC's in replacement for the cats that came with the full E370 exhaust system. Of course I plan on getting a tune after all of this. Opinions?
Old 08-28-2015, 09:10 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue_G
What's up bros, I've had the full Motordyne E370 exhaust w/ their full cat system for a while now.....I couldn't have been more happier with this exhaust. Excuse my french, but it's F*CKING phenominal! To this day, I still believe it's the best sounding exhaust for our G's. Anywho, I bought the exhaust because of the sound and the performance. I am currently looking at power-adders and I am considering HFC's. Would it be a worthwhile investment to purchase some HFC's in replacement for the cats that came with the full E370 exhaust system. Of course I plan on getting a tune after all of this. Opinions?
To my understanding, the E370 is a cat-back exhaust. Meaning, your stock cats are untouched. If that's the case, you will benefit greatly from a HFC or Test Pipe as the greatest restriction in our exhaust system is the cat.
The following users liked this post:
Rogue_G (08-28-2015)
Old 08-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
My vote is for FI RHFC's... And yes, every mod benefits from a tune. However if you plan in adding intakes/mani's/port n polish/etc soon... Do that before your tune to save on retune costs.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:29 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Go with Z1 HFC's WAY less the FIRHFC's less rasp( I had both). I love mine paired with my ARK Grip( Best sounding exhaust) LOL
Old 08-28-2015, 12:13 PM
Rogue_G

Originally Posted by MaQG37
To my understanding, the E370 is a cat-back exhaust. Meaning, your stock cats are untouched. If that's the case, you will benefit greatly from a HFC or Test Pipe as the greatest restriction in our exhaust system is the cat.
I actually thought so after seeing the full system. A set of cats came with the system but they looked identical to the stock cats that I already had. If that's the case then that definitely answers my question.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Rogue_G

Originally Posted by Sway_NV
My vote is for FI RHFC's... And yes, every mod benefits from a tune. However if you plan in adding intakes/mani's/port n polish/etc soon... Do that before your tune to save on retune costs.
Definitely Sway, why FI and why Resonated? From what I understand, Resonated HFCs produce less power than HFCs but you get less drone on RHFCs. That's the plan brother, I am doing on my main bolt ons then tuning.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Rogue_G

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Go with Z1 HFC's WAY less the FIRHFC's less rasp( I had both). I love mine paired with my ARK Grip( Best sounding exhaust) LOL
I'll definitely take a look into the Z1 HFCs, do they produce the same amount of power gains as the FI RHFCs?
Old 08-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Are you saying the FI RHFC's had more rasp than the Z1s? I was under the impression that the RHFC's had the least amount if rasp of any cats other than stock.

Rogue- I'm going resonated because I daily drive my G, and with gen 3s and a GTHaus exhaust, my car is already pretty damn loud. So when I put on my ported m370 this weekend it'll be louder, then the hfc's will be even louder! Also the resonated is supposed to eliminate drone, rasp, and deepen the tone. I hate drone and rasp, and I want my car to have a very deep low mean tone. Plus HFC's are legal, test pipes aren't. So that's my reason for wanting RHFC's over TP's or non resonated HFC's. Also HFC's have will give you more tq and mid range power while test pipes give more on the top end. I like that push back in your seat feeling so the more tq the better lol. I'm also confused your e370 came with cats? But they looked stock? Did you look inside them? Did they come from motordyne? Is so did you call and ask?
Old 08-28-2015, 08:48 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
So you like the Z1s? How long have you had them on, and any CELs?

You weren't able to add the O2 extenders?

Did you buy from a vendor or directly from Z1?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Rogue_G

Originally Posted by Sway_NV
Are you saying the FI RHFC's had more rasp than the Z1s? I was under the impression that the RHFC's had the least amount if rasp of any cats other than stock.

Rogue- I'm going resonated because I daily drive my G, and with gen 3s and a GTHaus exhaust, my car is already pretty damn loud. So when I put on my ported m370 this weekend it'll be louder, then the hfc's will be even louder! Also the resonated is supposed to eliminate drone, rasp, and deepen the tone. I hate drone and rasp, and I want my car to have a very deep low mean tone. Plus HFC's are legal, test pipes aren't. So that's my reason for wanting RHFC's over TP's or non resonated HFC's. Also HFC's have will give you more tq and mid range power while test pipes give more on the top end. I like that push back in your seat feeling so the more tq the better lol. I'm also confused your e370 came with cats? But they looked stock? Did you look inside them? Did they come from motordyne? Is so did you call and ask?
Sorry for the late reply bud, just recently moved into my first apartment (hectic/busy week). I originally bought the exhaust from a good friend of mines, and it came with cats. I asked him why there were cats included, I thought the E370 was a catback system. He had his original cats so it threw me off, maybe the cats are from someone else that he purchased from? They look like our stock cats, if not identical.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:02 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
will adding HFC cost Check engine light to come on? planing on getting them.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Magowin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xxg00w0
will adding HFC cost Check engine light to come on? planing on getting them.
I had Z1 cats on my car with exoticspeed exhaust for 1k miles before I got tuned no check engine lights on my setup for that duration.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:19 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Can anyone answer if their OBX resonator (center section) was tapered or flat? I find both listed as OBX on fleaBay.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:47 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
From my sedan. Obx

Old 03-10-2020, 02:22 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
From my sedan. Obx

Was there something to show?