G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 11:44 PM
sdwilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M2 isn't that much more than the 300hp Q60 (and less than the RS will be), and while the M3/M4 is quite a bit more than the RS, it does have a pretty aggressive residual making the payments pretty close if you go the lease route.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:13 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by sdwilly
M2 isn't that much more than the 300hp Q60 (and less than the RS will be), and while the M3/M4 is quite a bit more than the RS, it does have a pretty aggressive residual making the payments pretty close if you go the lease route.
I just looked, the M2 is 365hp, 65hp more than the base 3.0 and has a DCT. I'm guessing the 300hp version will be a mid-5 second 0-60 whereas the M2 is supposedly turning low 4's 0-60. We'll have to see what the actual numbers come in at once car mags get their mitts on production vehicles for testing.

Edit: Looks like the M2's already been tested. 4.2 seconds to 60. Yikes.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ll-test-review
Old 09-06-2016, 12:22 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
So I've been trying to find some 0-60s for both the 2017 Fusion Sport and the Q50 300 HP. So far I'm seeing 5.6 for the Fusion and 5.4 for the Q50. Now none of this is from a credited source (motor trend, car n driver, etc). But of this the only info that exist, then shouldn't the 2.7 be quicker? Again, haven't looked on motor trend or car and driver. Just googled 0-60.

I'm not nocking the Ford, I mean getting that power out of a 2.7 is fantastic. Look at the new GT, that's great power. But to say that 300hp out of a twin turbo v6 is unacceptable for this day and age is *** n nine. No one is looking st the bigger picture. The optimization of the power. What good is 400 HP if you have to rev it to kingdom come to build boost?

We were getting 328 out of an ancient 3.7 NA engine a year ago. But how high did it have to rev to get that 328? Where was the torque at? How was the MPG? How tapped out was that engine from factory? Surely you saw how much owners dumped into bolt one and tunes to get miniscule amounts of power out of it. Infiniti solved that problem with 2 turbos and a perfect square 3.0 set up. Look 2 diffent tunes and minimal part differences between them and bam, 100 HP. This engine will probably be in the GTR, its just like the LS family of engine from GM. Bigger turbos and different tune and it will probably be around 500hp plus what ever hybrid crap they use.

Considering that over 60% of the luxury sedan buyer in the US buys the smaller engine choice, Infinitis 3.0tt is a hit in the sedan. Its the same price as the competition with their 4cyls with more power. That's just fact. The only reason Infinite offers a 2.0t is for Emmisons and for those that want the badge but not the cost.

Now on the coupe, well go price out the completion and pick the q60 3.0t as the bench mark. You will see that every one else offers less power than the q60 for the same price or more.

But I can go buy an SS or 5.0gt with more power for less cash.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
You bring up some valid points.

I wasn't expecting the Fusion to be faster actually given the car's purpose, gearing and weight. I've owned and driven enough properly rapid cars to know that a few tenths difference is literally a third of a car length at best. A second in the 1/4 mile is a car length and nothing more. Point is, if mom in her Fusion is pissed off and she doesn't want to let you in, the base 3.0 doesn't have enough FU power to pull it off. Yes, that's a technical term

I fully realize there will be more power to be had but again, at the the expense of your warranty and with the new engine being more complex, I'll be wanting that warranty.

If 60% of sedan buyers opt for the lesser engine they're weenies or can't really afford the higher spec version anyway. Those are interesting stats but it doesn't tell me why they purchase the lesser engine.

And I'm one of those owners dumping money into my G, trying to eek out a few more ponies. Honestly, it'd be better to just save my money and put it towards an RS if it lives up to the hype and isn't too soft.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:04 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Lol if infiniti had just squeezed out 50 more HP from each model I think these guys would have been content. It is pretty funny how a NA g37 is making 30-48 more HP than the sport 3.0t.

But I think I heard the term square engine somewhere which would mean even torque for the horsepower and reviewers did say that there was zero turbo lag in the twin turbo models. Which means this Infiniti is going to have stellar acceleration.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Waiting to see G37 vs Q60 drag race. I bet the G37 wins. lol
Old 09-06-2016, 05:59 AM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gill1606
Lol if infiniti had just squeezed out 50 more HP from each model I think these guys would have been content. It is pretty funny how a NA g37 is making 30-48 more HP than the sport 3.0t.

But I think I heard the term square engine somewhere which would mean even torque for the horsepower and reviewers did say that there was zero turbo lag in the twin turbo models. Which means this Infiniti is going to have stellar acceleration.
Stillen has confirmed the TT is making 40-50 more HP than advertised. Does it really matter if it's advertised as such? It's just needs to perform like it imo.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by gill1606
The only differenece between a torque vectoring AWD and the ATTESA ETS
yeah, no.
there's a HUGE difference between a part-time Haldex system and a full-time AWD system that uses torque vectoring.

"Active Yaw Control (AYC) is an automobile feature that uses an active differential to transfer torque to the wheels that have the best grip on the road (torque vectoring). Unlike traditional mechanical limited-slip differentials, an AYC is electronically controlled.

Active yaw control is based on a computer-controlled rear differential which can actively split torque based on input from various accelerometers in the vehicle measuring longitudinal and lateral g forces, steering, brakes and throttle position.[2] Where ABS brakes are fitted they too are included in the input parameters. It accomplishes this via two hydraulic clutches which can limit torque on individual axles. This system should not be confused with stability control systems which utilize the braking system of a vehicle by individually braking certain wheels to rotate and slow the car (such as Electronic brakeforce distribution). AYC is a performance-oriented system which aims to increase cornering speeds."

This would probably come in handy in heavier than normal snow conditions to the point you should not even be on the road in the first place ...
i work until midnight, and i don't often have a choice to drive on plowed and salted roads when i leave work at that time. i had a Legacy GT on Blizzaks that got me home without drama during the great Snowpocalypse of 2010. i drove around many SUV's and Jeeps that were abandoned in the middle of the road - it was like something out of a zombie movie. in the photo below, you can see how the snow is up past the bumper of the car - i had to park the car in the middle of the street to dig out my driveway enough to pull it in. luckily, the roads had been plowed earlier and the snow was only 1-1.5 feet deep.

with that being said, the G will do "decent" with some snow tires, but i'm not going to have the confidence i did with my Legacy or Evo in the nasty stuff.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:14 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jasonviper
Stillen has confirmed the TT is making 40-50 more HP than advertised. Does it really matter if it's advertised as such? It's just needs to perform like it imo.

why wouldn't Infiniti advertise that fact?

"hey, our car consistantly gets 40mpg but let's market it as getting 35pmg."
Old 09-06-2016, 07:45 AM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
why wouldn't Infiniti advertise that fact?

"hey, our car consistantly gets 40mpg but let's market it as getting 35pmg."
There are many reasons, but basically they're playing it safe and under promising. You wouldn't be too happy if you found out what was advertised as 300hp was really 250hp, but you would be totally fine with the car making more power than advertised, right? Also, it depends what conditions they were testing the engine. These TTs love to breath and like BMWs we've learned they are underrated in the real world. Hey it's a win for us so don't get caught up in the 300hp or 400hp. This engine from what I've seen and experienced is a beast bone stock, add a couple of bolt-ons and you got yourself a truly competitive car.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jasonviper
There are many reasons, but basically they're playing it safe and under promising. You wouldn't be too happy if you found out what was advertised as 300hp was really 250hp, but you would be totally fine with the car making more power than advertised, right? Also, it depends what conditions they were testing the engine. These TTs love to breath and like BMWs we've learned they are underrated in the real world. Hey it's a win for us so don't get caught up in the 300hp or 400hp. This engine from what I've seen and experienced is a beast bone stock, add a couple of bolt-ons and you got yourself a truly competitive car.

i understand that, but if they specifically rated the G37 at 328 (not 325, not 330), why not rate the newer one closer to its actual output?
i'm sure there's a reason, but i don't know what it would be.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:05 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Ill just say regarding DAS. Although not perfect, the new DAS is nigh and day better than the old DAS.
Regarding stated HP. TQ numbers. Personally I am only concerned with how that power is put down. And if performance numbers are good, I wont be thinking about the stated HP and TQ numbers too much.
The direct competition charges a higher premium than Infiniti for the same and often less performance & amenities.
The following users liked this post:
InfinitiFreak (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 11:16 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Heres a suggestion, drive a Q50 with the 3.7 and then drive the new on with the 300hp TT. I have 2 used 15s on my lot and a boat load of 16s with the 3.0. Who wants to see why those 30 missing hp make no difference? Im here till 8.

In all seriousness tho, like Kahboom said, its about the delivery. My old GSXR put down almost the same power as my Ducati does on paper but my Duc is alot faster because of the way it puts the power down. Its there down low and all thru the power band where as my GSXR was only on the top end. I had to whine that 4cyl up there just get moving.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't wait to see trusty 0-60's and 1/4's .
Old 09-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by eljoker
Heres a suggestion, drive a Q50 with the 3.7 and then drive the new on with the 300hp TT. I have 2 used 15s on my lot and a boat load of 16s with the 3.0. Who wants to see why those 30 missing hp make no difference? Im here till 8.

In all seriousness tho, like Kahboom said, its about the delivery. My old GSXR put down almost the same power as my Ducati does on paper but my Duc is alot faster because of the way it puts the power down. Its there down low and all thru the power band where as my GSXR was only on the top end. I had to whine that 4cyl up there just get moving.
i drove a new Q50 with the 3.7, and its a dog - felt like it had 100hp less than my unmodded coupe with the same engine. i'm not arguing about power - i'm went from a close to 400hp Evo to the G37 - the G37's power is "good enough" for me. would i like more? sure, but not for how much $$$ it takes to squeak out a few extra ponies.

i just don't see why the 300hp car wasn't made to be 340-350, and the RS made to be 425-450 ... it just seems like a waste of a V6TT. yes, you can probably make them monsters with aftermarket parts/tunes, but this is an expensive, complex car and i like warranties now that i'm older.
The following users liked this post:
2008G-Man (09-06-2016)

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit