Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 04:42 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Dgriffith
Looking at this picture, I don't see too much to complain about exterior wise? It's classy, sleek, muscular and refined. NOW, complaining about not having a 6MT option I get. Some won't care about the 6MT and others will use it as a line in the sand as the deal breaker. That's fair. But when looking at this shot, what's there really to complain about aside from a few minor things like the chrome vent by the front wheels and...?

I can't wait to see this car in black with the red interior and also see this car properly modified. I also hope this car will be the end of the "broken axle" stanced look.
Yeah the only thing throwing me is the color as red is my least favor color on cars. Waiting until they release the full color and options list. Hoping that they release pricing soon! Already called buddy at dealership to see what they can give me for my '08 coupe.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:47 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Yeah the only thing throwing me is the color as red is my least favor color on cars. Waiting until they release the full color and options list. Hoping that they release pricing soon! Already called buddy at dealership to see what they can give me for my '08 coupe.
You wont have pricing until the Summer. You cant even get pricing for the Q50 Twin turbo right now.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:27 PM
300ZXTT
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dgriffith
Looking at this picture, I don't see too much to complain about exterior wise? It's classy, sleek, muscular and refined. NOW, complaining about not having a 6MT option I get. Some won't care about the 6MT and others will use it as a line in the sand as the deal breaker. That's fair. But when looking at this shot, what's there really to complain about aside from a few minor things like the chrome vent by the front wheels and...?

I can't wait to see this car in black with the red interior and also see this car properly modified. I also hope this car will be the end of the "broken axle" stanced look.
I'll complain. For the most part, it looks decent. However, sometimes I get the feeling Nissan engineers change/add things for the sake of changing/adding things. Headlights/tail lights, no problems. I'm not a fan of the new grill on the Infiniti's, just feel the G37 grill was far superior. Not a fan of the integrated rear spoiler either. Quarter window...no. Chrome vent thingie behind the front wheels...no. Unless it's truly functional for brake heat dissipation? Still think it looks tacky. The 'ornaments' on the corners of the rear bumper...no. Seriously, what's the point of that? 3.0T emblem on the front quarters... I hope there are a couple of wheel options/sizes for customers, although unlikely. The stance looks good. Interior/seats...great.
Interest really should be in the new motor. 400hp twinturbo. Pushing around a 3,700 lb car, it will need those extra ponies. I trust they will have some nice color options. The lack of a 6MT is bad, very bad. I understand why, but this car (and cars like it) demand to be shifted, and not with paddles. I would not have either my Z or G if they were slushboxes. What I'm hoping, for those who will be purchasing, is eventually modding the engine. My understanding is the difference between the 300 hp and 400 hp versions is simply the tune. So, there should be room in the tune/parts upgrades on the 400 hp version for another 50-100 hp, especially on race fuel. On a twin turbo car, intake and exhaust alone should get you some very good gains. Remove those cats. Frankly, I'm most interested in what Nissan will do with a potential new Z with that TT motor. Will they give THAT a 6MT? Anyway, good discussion here. Nice to finally see the real thing.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:46 PM
bassy
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The rear bumper corner fins, the gigantic maw of a front-grille, and that silly hockey stick piece of chrome trim on the front fenders...
And the cheap looking exhaust tips. Those look like what you find at your local Pep Boys or AutoZone stores.

Maybe Infiniti will fix these little things on the 2nd-gen Q60.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:51 PM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
ok now this looks a little better, i guess the silver dampens all the chrome accent pieces more...enjoy

2017 Infiniti Q60 Release Date, Price and Specs - Roadshow
Old 01-11-2016, 08:13 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by chilibowl
You wont have pricing until the Summer. You cant even get pricing for the Q50 Twin turbo right now.
Once the Q50 prices are released I can get a pretty good idea of what the Q60 will run by building a 400hp Q50 and then adding a few thousand dollars for the coupe. Thinking I may go AWD this time around and see if I like it better than my RWD.

Definitely prefer the silver one. It will be between silver or platinum graphite once I buy.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:24 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have mixed feelings. It looks longer than the concept. The lines are nice seem like a nice luxury car.

On the other hand it looks like an Audi S4 coupe. Not necessarily a bad thing but I don't know.

Manual Transmission is not a must for a luxury first coupe like this one so they will not be losing too many customers. The new ATs are faster and have better fuel economy anyways. Of course I don't know if they will use the 7 speed AT they have or a DCT?

Honestly even with 400hp if it is heavy I would expect at least a DCT rather than their old 7 speed.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:01 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
meh, no 6mt no care. BMW or 2017 Genesis here we go.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
meh, no 6mt no care. BMW or 2017 Genesis here we go.
Clearly you must care a lot. It's been pretty well known that a clutch wasn't going to be a part of the equation for some time now. Yet you still have 77 posts in this thread. And you keep reminding us how little you care about this car becasue it only has an automatic transmission. Over and over and over again.

Dude. We get it. We see your screen name. We know that under no circumstances will you ever consider any car unless it has a manual transmission. Check. Got it. Maybe take a breather and come back if/when a manual transmission is offered.

Got anything else?
The following 7 users liked this post by Black Betty:
2008G-Man (01-11-2016), blnewt (01-11-2016), InfinitiFreak (01-11-2016), JC-RH (01-11-2016), mj_39 (01-11-2016), Sunny G (01-14-2016), twin_snails (01-12-2016) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by ThebigJ
I have mixed feelings. It looks longer than the concept. The lines are nice seem like a nice luxury car.

On the other hand it looks like an Audi S4 coupe. Not necessarily a bad thing but I don't know.

Manual Transmission is not a must for a luxury first coupe like this one so they will not be losing too many customers. The new ATs are faster and have better fuel economy anyways. Of course I don't know if they will use the 7 speed AT they have or a DCT?

Honestly even with 400hp if it is heavy I would expect at least a DCT rather than their old 7 speed.
Nothing has ever been mentioned about DCT. It hasn't been stated if the 7 speed will be the same as the current car or an all new one, but it stands to reason (at least to me) that if it had an all new gearbox that would have been highlighted in the release.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:22 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Clearly you must care a lot. It's been pretty well known that a clutch wasn't going to be a part of the equation for some time now. Yet you still have 77 posts in this thread. And you keep reminding us how little you care about this car becasue it only has an automatic transmission. Over and over and over again.

Dude. We get it. We see your screen name. We know that under no circumstances will you ever consider any car unless it has a manual transmission. Check. Got it. Maybe take a breather and come back if/when a manual transmission is offered.

Got anything else?
I believe elJoker? Said a 6mt was possible.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:33 PM
JC-RH
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I've been following this thread for quite some time, and I too was hoping for a 6MT. Wishful thinking. I should have known better.
The following users liked this post:
User 122320 (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
it's started :O
Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by Vizard_87
it's started :O
LOL, love the color of the car, hate the wheels.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:44 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by JC-RH
I've been following this thread for quite some time, and I too was hoping for a 6MT. Wishful thinking. I should have known better.
That's was my point. Most of us wished for it. I wished for it. But we knew that realistically it wasn't happening, at least not yet. If that's a deal breaker, so be it. I certainly understand that because 7 years ago when I bought my G it would have been a deal breaker for me too. But in that time I have been observant enough to see which way the wind is blowing and it's not toward manual transmissions. They're getting more rare in the North American market which is a shame. But it makes perfect sense becasue fewer and fewer people can actually driver one, much less want to drive one, or will buy them if they are built. Sometimes we forget that an enthusiast forum community we represent the fringe outliers of luxury car buyers. We are the "1%" if you will, Infiniti is not building or marketing toward us. So its not likely that what gets built will be what we want or the way we want it. That's more likely to happen upmarket with different brands for twice the money we are paying.
The following 2 users liked this post by Black Betty:
Sunny G (01-14-2016), twin_snails (01-12-2016)

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit