Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

looking at buying a QAA IPL bumper.. worried about paint matching

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 PM
pmartell12

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
looking at buying a QAA IPL bumper.. worried about paint matching

Hey guys, I am thinking of buying an IPL bumper for a 2010 x coupe, but most of the places that are selling them are taking a silver bumper and painting them.
Has anybody bought a dealership painted bumper? and how did the paint match?
Is there places that I should avoid dealing with, and are there great places to give my business to?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:46 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I have now...ordered 3 different IPL front bumpers from Sewell Infiniti on 3 different occasions, all for my Graphite Shadow car. Each time, they had to be repainted to match the car correctly -- my local Infiniti dealership footed the bill. Will this happen to you? Most likely. Am I 100% certain? No. These IPL front ends are painted at different times, at different locations, and by different automated machines. Paint matching is near impossible. Just my experience.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Superteeth

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm also one of those people who brought a QAA IPL bumper from Sewell. The part I don't understand is whether or not the different panels for a car are painted at the same time or not (or whether or not the whole car is painted at the same time, which I doubt, but I could be wrong). If the panels are sourced from different factories, how do they match so much better?

All I know is that Sewell is able to get local dealerships to re-paint the bumper with Infiniti's money (most of the time, anyways, since it is possible that some have denied the claim). It worked for me and eksigned, anyways. But the QAA bumper was so off I couldn't stand to look at it until it was fixed. You just have to hope that your local dealership is able to get Infiniti to pay for it.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
i have a ipl vert and i think the front bumper is painted with some type of non-scratch pint so while the color is the same it doesnt seem as shiny as other parts of the car. not sure if that plays into them not matching well or not.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:26 PM
pmartell12

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the information... I live in Canada, I would not want to have to deal with having a dealer in michigan state have to repaint the bumper... so we might just have to stick with the stock bumper.... or get a local shop here to paint a raw oem ipl bumper (I was quoted $500 for paint)
Old 09-08-2014, 02:58 PM
malady

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I got the ipl sides and they don't really match when in the sun.

I don't really mind but it is noticeable.