Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Fog Light Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 AM
My37s0805

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fog Light Install

Looking to add fog lights to the lower part of the G37. I assume the black bezels can pop out. Has anyone tried this? What is your opinion. I own a 2008 G37s coupe.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Carfanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Hello !!!

I'm personally doing this project should be simple enough, However as for the installation instruction i would recommend that you use the forums search feature and type in fog lights, you'll fine many posts and a lot of info .

The basics of the install are, cut the headlight integrated fog light cables extend them to the lower bumper and the attach your fog lights now it also depends if you have the non-sport or sport bumper . in the case of the sport you can buy the grills for the fog for about $50 ... or just take your grill covers and cut them out.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:52 AM
dc2r

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there is a DIY in the DIY section for 2008-2009 fog lights installation from the 2010+ base model fog lights.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Twiggy114

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I installed the OEM fogs on my 2008 G37S. I didn't follow the DIY on this site because I didn't want to do it the way the guy did it. I didn't even change out my washer tank. I still have the same one the car came with. I kept on reading that in order to get the fogs to fit I had to change my tank. Well since I have an aftermarket intake system; there was a part of the OEM intake system that I no longer needed. So I removed that part and unbolted my washer tank and moved it back a bit and held it in place with industrial zip ties. Put the new fogs in and got a H1 to 9006 converter and then a H11 to 9006 converter and connected the new fogs to the OEM fog connection. I then got a automatic DLR kit and put LED H1 bulbs and wired them up directly to the battery so when I turn the car on it automatically turns on. I was going to do a DIY but I got lazy. Everything costed me around $100.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Gwhizz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd be interested in how ypu did it for 100.00. A DIY would be great.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Twiggy114

I got the fog light covers for $40 off ebay and the lights off Amazon for $50. The rest of the wires needed where cheap. Once you take the bumper off you will get to see a little more clearly what I'm talking about. Like I said thought I removed part of the intake system I no longer needed and gave me the space to not buy the slimmer tank that other DIY say you should buy. If you're stuck or need more detailed information just let me know what exactly you need to know and I will help as much as I can
Old 04-07-2014, 10:38 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please do a write up!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Twiggy114

If I do a write up it's going to have to wait for the weekend so I can take the bumper off and show you the things I did.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 AM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
So I will be swapping in the IPL bumper on my 08 coupe and ordered all appropriate parts, but as far as connecting the fog lights themselves to a power source - I also don't want a separate button as offered in the DIY. But are you saying you wired directly to the battery? a DIY or more detailed step by step would be appreciated. I had this in mind:

Would they be functional if I splice them into the fog light harness/wires in the headlights? The goal being to have the headlights function normally, and if I turn on the fog lights from the steering wheel column I'd like the city/fog light in the head light to come on as well as the lower fog lights in the IPL bumper. Ideally not cutting the current fog lights out completely, but just splicing into them so all 4 will work in tandem.

I haven't had the bumper off yet to actually look at the space but would that ^ work and do you think it would be easy to just tap into the headlight fogs, with regards to the wiring and organization to keep things clean and functional for the future if the bumper does have to come off for whatever reason.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:54 AM
Twiggy114

Originally Posted by G37Some
So I will be swapping in the IPL bumper on my 08 coupe and ordered all appropriate parts, but as far as connecting the fog lights themselves to a power source - I also don't want a separate button as offered in the DIY. But are you saying you wired directly to the battery? a DIY or more detailed step by step would be appreciated. I had this in mind:

Would they be functional if I splice them into the fog light harness/bulb in the headlights? The goal being to have the headlights function normally, and if I turn on the fog lights from the steering wheel column I'd like the city/fog light in the head light to come on as well as the lower fog lights in the IPL bumper. Ideally not cutting the current fog lights out completely, but just splicing into them so all 4 will work in tandem.
I wouldn't do that, well on my behalf I wouldn't. Adding two sources of high output like that will drive up the amperage on the wires and might cause electrical issues even causing the main wire to get too hot. I will explain in detail with pictures this weekend once I pull my bumper and show everybody what I did.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:40 PM
ReD2847

I'm having a problem where my DRL now became the fogs after unplugging the original fogs within the headlight.

The guy who installed it said that the only way to have the upper DRL again is to hook up the original fogs which would result in 4 fog lights running which of course I don't want.

Here is a pic during the day. I cannot shut off the fogs now as they are default DRLs.
Attached Thumbnails Fog Light Install-image-1940199758.jpg  
Old 04-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Twiggy114

I went ahead and wrote it up and posted it just now
Old 04-12-2014, 01:00 PM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Twiggy114
I wouldn't do that, well on my behalf I wouldn't. Adding two sources of high output like that will drive up the amperage on the wires and might cause electrical issues even causing the main wire to get too hot. I will explain in detail with pictures this weekend once I pull my bumper and show everybody what I did.
even if LED bulbs are used in both the headlight fogs and the lower fogs? the power draw shouldn't be too much, do ya think?
Old 04-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Twiggy114

Originally Posted by G37Some
even if LED bulbs are used in both the headlight fogs and the lower fogs? the power draw shouldn't be too much, do ya think?
That shouldn't be too bad. If you have a voltmeter I would measure the amount of amperage flowing through it with the regular light and then measure it with the set up you are looking to run. If the change isn't much then it should be alright.
The following users liked this post:
G37Some (04-12-2014)
Old 02-25-2018, 06:37 PM
OmG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 G37 fog

Originally Posted by Twiggy114
I installed the OEM fogs on my 2008 G37S. I didn't follow the DIY on this site because I didn't want to do it the way the guy did it. I didn't even change out my washer tank. I still have the same one the car came with. I kept on reading that in order to get the fogs to fit I had to change my tank. Well since I have an aftermarket intake system; there was a part of the OEM intake system that I no longer needed. So I removed that part and unbolted my washer tank and moved it back a bit and held it in place with industrial zip ties. Put the new fogs in and got a H1 to 9006 converter and then a H11 to 9006 converter and connected the new fogs to the OEM fog connection. I then got a automatic DLR kit and put LED H1 bulbs and wired them up directly to the battery so when I turn the car on it automatically turns on. I was going to do a DIY but I got lazy. Everything costed me around $100.

where can I order those fog lights ?

Quick Reply: Fog Light Install