G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti Consumer Affairs - poor experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:52 AM
viper630

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
So it would seem that my '11 G37s had that same issue. I had the car in a few days ago for a 60K Service and during their inspection they found the same Rear Timing Cover leaking as well as leaks from the Rear Subframe Bushing.

Now I bought my car used last year and about 6 months before buying it, I used this site as research. Thankfully I bought the Extended Warranty with the car and they replaced and fixed the above issues per the Extended Warranty.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 PM
lumpyg37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There consumers affair dept. sucks. They NEVER offer any help. Write Franklin TN. ( Nissans headquarters ). They still don't do ****, but at least you can let them know personally what you think of there company. Bought new 09 g37. Less then 8 years old & 54,000 miles on it & the dash is cracking. Poor quality & even worse customer relations
Old 03-31-2017, 03:39 PM
Danmangto

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I think their Customer relations dept is great. Two great experiences..

I had an issue in 2015 when I bought my coupe where the dealer refused to give me the free maintenance that was advertised, they claimed that I got such a great deal on the car and that the free maint was only if I paid their orig price, Such BS. After Customer relations spoke to the dealer, the dealer got angry with me that I got them involved and agreed to give me the free maintenance if I took my complaint away. Only once they gave me the paperwork and it was signed off on, I then pulled my complaint.

This week my front brakes went bad again (Severe brake judder) after only about 7,000 miles driving from them doing the front brakes. I had been complaining to this dealer on the past 2 services of the noises.. which they dismissed as normal and from the car sitting overnight. The dealer said I needed new rotors and that my rear brakes were at 4mm and needed replacement as well. I said the fronts should be under warranty since it wasn't that much time or mileage and my various complaints on previous visits. They refused.. The price they gave me ended up be much higher later on than was quoted. Customer relations came through and is sending me a check to reimburse me for the front brakes. GREAT SERVICE!
Old 04-10-2017, 03:45 AM
snoflewis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti consumers affairs is by far the worst i've dealt with of any car brand. actually... thanks to such pathetic service, it fueled me enough to contact a lawyer and have the car bought back. so i guess i should be thankful.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Mathieu Labbé

Hi guys,

Well I guess im reviving this thread.

I just bought a 2011 G37xS coupe with 55 000miles on it ( 88 000km). from a nissan dealer.

Now I just did my change of oil when noticing some grease oil on top left of the engine like the picture on page 17 of this tread:

Well here is the pictures i took from my car to compare:

I guess it looks pretty much the same.

I dont have any problem with the car, no check engine nor anything. But i want to know if its the gasket problem since I just bought the car from the Nissan dealer and I have a 1 month warranty.

Thank you guys
Old 11-12-2017, 01:29 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Definitely a gasket or sealant problem. Mine not near that bad but its there only 42k miles one ownet all maint at dealer. Im just going to monitor it as i dont want the dealer cracking open and good motor for a small leak. Yours looks more worse. Id have them fix it. Then report back so we know parts and labor and price for the work
Old 11-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Mathieu Labbé

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Definitely a gasket or sealant problem. Mine not near that bad but its there only 42k miles one ownet all maint at dealer. Im just going to monitor it as i dont want the dealer cracking open and good motor for a small leak. Yours looks more worse. Id have them fix it. Then report back so we know parts and labor and price for the work
So it is the same gasket problem as mentioned in the whole thread? that is a 3k$ job ?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:44 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Mathieu Labbé
So it is the same gasket problem as mentioned in the whole thread? that is a 3k$ job ?

that thread is an internal gasket failing but they might as well replace that too while they are there.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Mathieu Labbé

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
that thread is an internal gasket failing but they might as well replace that too while they are there.
i should ask for a compression test?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, that external leak is probably the timing cover gasket, not to be confused with the internal oil gallery gasket that is behind the timing chain. The internal oil gallery gasket is the one that tears when it gets oil saturated (and temp cycled).

The replacement of that gasket in your pic still involves quite a bit of time but not the severity or the cost of the internal gasket.

What you want to do is have them do an oil pressure test, not a compression test.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Mathieu Labbé

Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site, that external leak is probably the timing cover gasket, not to be confused with the internal oil gallery gasket that is behind the timing chain. The internal oil gallery gasket is the one that tears when it gets oil saturated (and temp cycled).

The replacement of that gasket in your pic still involves quite a bit of time but not the severity or the cost of the internal gasket.

What you want to do is have them do an oil pressure test, not a compression test.
Thank you for the reply, I can still drive the car for a bit while its like that before it gets fixed? or I can damage the engine
Old 11-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Mathieu Labbé

heres a video i took

Old 11-14-2017, 12:22 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Mathieu Labbé
Thank you for the reply, I can still drive the car for a bit while its like that before it gets fixed? or I can damage the engine
You've got a leak that appears to be pretty heavy, I would take it to the dealer as soon as you can to have the oil pressure tested, if that checks out ok you can then shop around for the best price to get that leaking seal replaced. Keep in mind Nissan dealers are typically cheaper than Infiniti service depts, and if you can find a shop that does a lot of Japanese repairs they should get you a better price than that. Just be sure it's a reputable shop.

If the oil pressure is low, then you need to budget for that expensive repair, and again, a Nissan dealer should get you a better price.
G/L
Old 11-14-2017, 07:58 AM
sugargenius

Originally Posted by Black Betty
It only takes one if it happens to be yours. The guy who repaired mine (Nissan dealership tech.) said he's worked on about a dozen so far. G's, Z's, a Maxima, and an Altima.
Did you go through dealer? What was the cost?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by sugargenius
Did you go through dealer? What was the cost?
Post 82 of this thread has a scan of the invoice.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Consumer Affairs - poor experience