G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How many Nissan 370GT (V36) owners are there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Nice AUTHENTIC Top Secret Aero parts. Those are some beautiful grounding wires in your engine bay too! They look custom.
The following users liked this post:
tWistedMissiOn (05-22-2018)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Bad G IPL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
good looking cars guys!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:04 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Nice AUTHENTIC Top Secret Aero parts. Those are some beautiful grounding wires in your engine bay too! They look custom.

Thanks a lot BB , you were the one who educated me on the route i needed to go on the kit haha.. And yes, i love the color of the grounding wires, they're awesome, pics don't do them justice
Old 09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Tommo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had mine for nearly a year now. 2007 Auto 370gt
My guess is, US infiniti's are exactly the same as Nissan 370gt's to drive.
US infiniti's are still imported arent they?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:18 AM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tommo

Ive had mine for nearly a year now. 2007 Auto 370gt
My guess is, US infiniti's are exactly the same as Nissan 370gt's to drive.
US infiniti's are still imported arent they?

Nice cars all of you 370GT owners!!

Yes, all G's are imported also. I can't speak for the rest. Don't know whether Nissan has an assembly plant for our cars here on our continent. They have 2 Nissan assembly plants in the US but don't know if they make/will make Infiniti cars there.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Tommo

Originally Posted by jon23
Nice cars all of you 370GT owners!!

Yes, all G's are imported also. I can't speak for the rest. Don't know whether Nissan has an assembly plant for our cars here on our continent. They have 2 Nissan assembly plants in the US but don't know if they make/will make Infiniti cars there.
Thats what i thought.. So i dont understand why JDM skylines are so amazing to you guys. Cant see why there would be a difference in quality in the USDM infiniti and the JDM skyline. Appart from equipment levels and side of the steering wheel, they should be the same.

I can see how it might be cool to rebadge infiniti's to nissan though, because here its the opposite. There is 5 billion skylines on the roads here so a lot of guys here want something different hence rebadging to infiniti to stand out.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by Tommo
Thats what i thought.. So i dont understand why JDM skylines are so amazing to you guys. Cant see why there would be a difference in quality in the USDM infiniti and the JDM skyline. Appart from equipment levels and side of the steering wheel, they should be the same.

I can see how it might be cool to rebadge infiniti's to nissan though, because here its the opposite. There is 5 billion skylines on the roads here so a lot of guys here want something different hence rebadging to infiniti to stand out.
You have answered your concern yourself

It's just different. The steering wheel on the right side, the badges, the fact that you can actually put a NISMO sticker on your Nissan 370GT and not look out of place.

I wish they had made the JDM version "better" by adding more power, maybe the 3.8 engine, twin turbo, etc...

I've seen a G37 in my town that says "Skyline" instead of Infiniti, but he kept the Mt Fuji badge there...to me that looks silly. Has anyone heard of a Lexus Camry, an Infiniti Altima, a Ford Navigator, or a Chrysler Viper?

In South America Toyota trucks are named different, the Tacoma is called Hilux, and they still have thr Chevy Luv pickup truck, anyone remember those? I think it's those details that kind of separate our cars, but at the same time makes them the same.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
IS there anyway i can get the airbag cover? I am trying to re-badge my car and the only thing i need it the airbag cover w/ the Nissan emblem on it.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's just different. The steering wheel on the right side, the badges, the fact that you can actually put a NISMO sticker on your Nissan 370GT and not look out of place.

I wish they had made the JDM version "better" by adding more power, maybe the 3.8 engine, twin turbo, etc...

I've seen a G37 in my town that says "Skyline" instead of Infiniti, but he kept the Mt Fuji badge there...to me that looks silly. Has anyone heard of a Lexus Camry, an Infiniti Altima, a Ford Navigator, or a Chrysler Viper?

In South America Toyota trucks are named different, the Tacoma is called Hilux, and they still have thr Chevy Luv pickup truck, anyone remember those? I think it's those details that kind of separate our cars, but at the same time makes them the same.
theres a 37 here in orlando that i saw last weekend downtown that had skyline where the infiniti letters used to be but kept the mt. fiji logo, i couldn't help but laugh, it looked soo outta place, especially since it has the g37S on it still too. eh, to each its own i guess.

beautiful looking cars though everyone
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Tommo

Yeah i think you guys can be just as proud that your cars are well and truely Japanese... (with a french twist, but that goes for all of them)

Edit, also i totally agree that they should have had some crazy JDM twin turbo versions in good Japanese spirit. I guess its a sign of the times..
Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Vic555
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I replace my g37 emblem with 370gt and left the rest on. So freaking sue me! lol
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 AM
SPN27RU

The difference may be in the firmware for the ECU. When I had Evo10, firmware for JDM was more aggressive than the USDM. Not sure about the NISSAN.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by Vic555
I replace my g37 emblem with 370gt and left the rest on. So freaking sue me! lol
LOL. For the record, I said that I think it looks silly, but that's my opinion. It's your car, so paint it pink if you like it!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Someone already painted the G pink.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Skyline6mt
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^lmao

I agree with jon23. I think it'd be cool if the ckv36 had some bonus to keep in line with the skyline legend. That way in like 10 years it'd be awesome to see a jdm skyline imported to the states in right hand drive. Maybe even something like a nismo version or a 370gt-r or something. Maybe they'll change things up with the next gen Gs since they're switching over to FI from the factory

Quick Reply: How many Nissan 370GT (V36) owners are there?