Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Anyone add cooled seats? (like in the convertible)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 PM
mikeb2004

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't much care about the rear passengers getting their toes cooled or warmed (there ARE no rear passengers 99% of the time). So I may just try plumbing the rear footwell vents to the seat cushions. It'll be quieter than the infiniti solution (have you heard those fans screaming? Ugh) I know it's a halfass solution but I may pursue it this way. I also agree that it is not a big deal that it doesn't have the venting, but it is SOOO COOL in other cars. (pun intended)
Old 06-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fluxemag
The seats are a fully self contained system. There is no ducting from the main AC unit, just a fan built into the seat bottom. The air conditioning effect comes from a thermal device also built into the seat. Dealer wanted about 6k per seat, but it would be a direct replacement. The only other thing you would need to do is replace a relay and the switch in the center console.

And ask yourself who needs AC seats on a non-vert when it's 118 outside and 150 inside your car after work...
118 is not the norm in most of the United States. There are a few places but in general, it doesn't get that hot. And if it did, are you going to not drive and stand outside of your car (in 118 degree weather) until your seats are cool? It sounds like a inconvenience to me.

Make it remote controlled and Im IN~!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by mikeb2004
I don't much care about the rear passengers getting their toes cooled or warmed (there ARE no rear passengers 99% of the time). So I may just try plumbing the rear footwell vents to the seat cushions. It'll be quieter than the infiniti solution (have you heard those fans screaming? Ugh) I know it's a halfass solution but I may pursue it this way. I also agree that it is not a big deal that it doesn't have the venting, but it is SOOO COOL in other cars. (pun intended)
You could have something there
Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
118 is not the norm in most of the United States. There are a few places but in general, it doesn't get that hot. And if it did, are you going to not drive and stand outside of your car (in 118 degree weather) until your seats are cool? It sounds like a inconvenience to me.

Make it remote controlled and Im IN~!

it doesnt make the seats cool to the touch. Its a small flow of air hitting your back from the seat. as soon as you start driving, no matter how hot it is, you feel cool air on your back. Its a nice touch.
The following users liked this post:
4rnr (07-17-2013)
Old 06-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Wyldfyer

^^^ Yes I know. I have them in my Benz...

That was my point. They won't cool the seat and solve the "hot seat" issue. It does help once you are sitting in the car.

Im just not too keen on a DIY unless it's done right.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM
QX4cor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im in Maine, where 90' is as high as it gets and prefer windows down over AC. Always thought the cooled seats were overrated, until my wife got am M with them in 08. Now she has an FX with them and they're awesome.
For me, aside from the X not coming in a stick, it's the option I wanted most that the G doesn't offer that all of the other Infiniti models come with standard. I thought for sure it would be an option when ordering an S. diss appointed when it wasn't.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 PM
jortega999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a buddy with a 2008 Toyota Avalon Limited that has Air-cooled seats. It's a really nice option here in Texas. I would have thought Infiniti would have offered that as well since Toyota did it in a non-Lexus. My G37's black leather seats feel pretty damned hot after roasting in the sun all day in the parking lot.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by jortega999
I have a buddy with a 2008 Toyota Avalon Limited that has Air-cooled seats. It's a really nice option here in Texas. I would have thought Infiniti would have offered that as well since Toyota did it in a non-Lexus. My G37's black leather seats feel pretty damned hot after roasting in the sun all day in the parking lot.

While they develop a DIY for this, you could get a windshield sunshade and window tint. Texas is pretty dry, so you could leave your sunroof tilted.

I live in FL where we have not just heat, but humidity, and my seats don't feel hot after I get off work. Just a thought...
Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I heard thru the grapevine, that the new 2014 G will have air-cooled seats and remote start, standard.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 AM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I am thinking about doing this.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by chilibowl
I heard thru the grapevine, that the new 2014 G will have air-cooled seats and remote start, standard.
The remote start was kind of a given, since the new Altima gets it too. The air cooled seats would be a nice addition though. I hope they also have power folding mirrors, at least as an option... (I've seen the awesome DIY a member did on how to add them to the coupe, I just want to stop spending more money on cool cosmetic mods...lol)
Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 PM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I often wonder why our G's don't have cooled front seats. I have a 2012 G Coupe and my parents have a 2012 Nissan Maxima that costs $10,000 less and they have cooled front seats! Another item to add to the wishlist of improvements for the next generation G!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I am sure it's not hard to install. It's just a fan and a new switch right?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Calgarywinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeb2004
Has anyone add cooled seats to the coupe? (like in the convertible)
When I bought my Vert I was told that the cooled seats were not available in the convertible models because the space used by some of the cooling system was used by the retractable roof button and wiring.
Do the 2010 and up have cooled seats?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:21 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cooled seats would be a great thing for people who have outdoor kept cars. My seats are on fire every time I get in and I'm only in New York.........But I can't really imagine them getting cool in an instant so unless they do I figure turning on the A/C would be just as effective since it cools pretty darn fast!

Quick Reply: Anyone add cooled seats? (like in the convertible)