Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My G37 Dilemma.......................

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Mixman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G37 Dilemma.......................

I have a 2009 G37S Coupe. My lease is up October this year. I do like the G37 a lot, but my dilemma is what to do for my next lease. I understand that the next G37 will not be coming out until next Spring. I kind of doubt Infinity Finance will extend my lease that long. One of the reasons I lease is to be able to get a new car every three years or so. The G37 remains essentially unchanged since the refresh in 2008, not sure I want to lease basically the same car that I have and one that will probably change in about a year.

I have looked at other cars like the MB C350 4Matic, the Lexus GS350 F Sport or even leasing a 2012 G37XS for just 2 years. I test drove the C350 4Matic and while it handles well,you have to constantly kick the transmission into gear to get it to move, whereas the G37 just moves, at least with a little revving. The C350's interior was just so so too. I have not driven the new GS350, I did own a GS300, and while that was luxurious it was uninspiring to drive. The new GS350 also has the nicest interior, but I still have to get used to the Predator look of the exterior. I do understand the FSport at least does handle really well. I know a lot of you will say what about the BMW 335 Coupe? Well it's the same situation. It's about to get a restyle next year and wow, the prices have really gone up for a well optioned model.

So what are your opinions? Should I lease a 2012 G37XS for 2 years, get the Mercedes C350 or the Lexus GS350 FSport or lease something else? Other than the Lexus GS350, I am mainly looking at coupes, with at least 4 seats.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:33 AM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
If switch it up. Wouldn't lease the same car twice. Check out the new 3-series
Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The lease ended on my 08 g37s a couple of months ago and after looking at all of the competition and their ridiculous lease rates I am the proud owner of a 12 g37s. MB c class, Lexus GS, and the new BMW 3 are all in the first months of their redesign and the lease programs are really crappy. The only car that you might be able to get a good deal on now (and which i enjoyed driving as much as my G) is the Audi A4. I drove a loaded 2.0 with a 6 speed and it was really nice. It lacks in power but with a $5-600 ecu flash you will be just as fast as the G37.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 AM
DashKid
Banned

get the new 335i. They are really nice on the inside and really really fast. Before it was G37 > 335i for all around performance and luxury, but now it's 335i > G37. 335i has the G beat in almost every category now but we will see in 2014 if Nissan steps up their game to match the 3 series.

I got to make a friend drive the 3 series and he fell in love with the 335i. He was so thinking about selling his G on the spot and picking that up.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Love the 335. Also remember the sedan comes out next spring not the coupe, the coupe will be out 2 years from now.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Mixman

The problem with the BMW 3 series is that I don't like the 4 door sedans. I would only buy the coupes. The coupe is not due to be replaced until next spring and I am sure they will raise the price even higher then. The current 335's coupes are everywhere and I wouldn't want a leftover style.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Mixman

Originally Posted by P Casey
Love the 335. Also remember the sedan comes out next spring not the coupe, the coupe will be out 2 years from now.
The sedan is out now. The new coupe comes out next spring.

BMW 335i Sedan - Model Overview - BMW North America
Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by Mixman
The problem with the BMW 3 series is that I don't like the 4 door sedans. I would only buy the coupes. The coupe is not due to be replaced until next spring and I am sure they will raise the price even higher then. The current 335's coupes are everywhere and I wouldn't want a leftover style.
Well yeah not sure how old you are but when I was in the teen's and my lower 20's I thought exactly the same. I told myself I don't need a 4 door sedan cause I just drive by myself but now being almost 30 I want a 4 door car. Not sure if it has to do with age but want a 4 door sedan so I can have a useful back seat that no one rides in. Same thing goes for the tranny. I drove MT for most of my life and now I am like my next car is going to be auto. I'm to old to be shifting gears now. Hahaha.

Damn aging is a scary thing.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
The sedan is out now. The new coupe comes out next spring.

BMW 335i Sedan - Model Overview - BMW North America
Sorry, I was talking about the G sedan and coupe.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
get the new 335i. They are really nice on the inside and really really fast. Before it was G37 > 335i for all around performance and luxury, but now it's 335i > G37. 335i has the G beat in almost every category now but we will see in 2014 if Nissan steps up their game to match the 3 series.

I got to make a friend drive the 3 series and he fell in love with the 335i. He was so thinking about selling his G on the spot and picking that up.
If Dash is referring to me, he is only a little off...I was going to sell my Acura on the spot.

Originally Posted by P Casey
I think P Casey is referring to the G release plan? If I were coming off G lease now, I would go 335 sedan and then back to G after the first years of redesign gets the bugs out.

Of course, as I am a family man I get to have 2 cars at once which makes the options more joyous and complicated.

Well yeah not sure how old you are but when I was in the teen's and my lower 20's I thought exactly the same. I told myself I don't need a 4 door sedan cause I just drive by myself but now being almost 30 I want a 4 door car. Not sure if it has to do with age but want a 4 door sedan so I can have a useful back seat that no one rides in. Same thing goes for the tranny. I drove MT for most of my life and now I am like my next car is going to be auto. I'm to old to be shifting gears now. Hahaha.

Dash talking about being old. That is funny. I sometimes feel old, but pull myself back into line by reading Chekhov's posts.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

Being 30 is far from being old, Dash lol. I'm 29 and still love my coupe and banging through the gears! I've only owned MT's and probably will for the rest of my life. Now if they made a coupe with an accessible back seat, all the better, but I'm sure I will be moving to a sedan once I start having little ones. Damn kids...
Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
Being 30 is far from being old, Dash lol. I'm 29 and still love my coupe and banging through the gears! I've only owned MT's and probably will for the rest of my life. Now if they made a coupe with an accessible back seat, all the better, but I'm sure I will be moving to a sedan once I start having little ones. Damn kids...
Hahaha. Well yeah but for me I was like man I am losing my taste for 2 door cars now and for MT. I was thinking about that on the way to work. I was like I want a AT just relax and drive instead of having to change cars like crazy.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Mixman

I have two kids (5 and 2) that fit just fine in the back of my Coupe, but then again they only ride in my car occasionally, most of the time it's just me, so I really only need two doors.

I am leaning towards the Mercedes C350 4Matic. Only problem I will have to wait till the last minute to get a good deal, since it is relatively new.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM
EricP3

I have two kids (5 and 2) that fit just fine in the back of my Coupe, but then again they only ride in my car occasionally, most of the time it's just me, so I really only need two doors.

I am leaning towards the Mercedes C350 4Matic. Only problem I will have to wait till the last minute to get a good deal, since it is relatively new.
You have a 2 year old that sits in the back seat of your coupe without a carseat?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Mixman

Originally Posted by EricP3
You have a 2 year old that sits in the back seat of your coupe without a carseat?
Both kids have carseats....that fit too!

Quick Reply: My G37 Dilemma.......................