G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Yeah. Never thought it would happen

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Philip8969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. Everyone is right about the wheel locks. While they may detour amateurs, anyone who knows what they are doing will not care one bit. I have been working on cars for years and have run into the issue of not having the wheel lock on several occasions. Of course I would never steal anyone's wheels, but if I was going to the locks would only add a couple of seconds to the job, max.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 AM
bembowe
Registered Member

hey men, I had the same thing happen to me about two months ago. Am still in the process of getting new wheels. but am really scared about putting them on again. I know the feeling of being robbed, sorry of the inconvience.
I hope insurance takes care of it. They did for mine.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 AM
DTRAN408

Sucks to see this.... When I get my new wheels on I will make sure to purchase wheel locks and a shotgun....
Old 03-20-2012, 04:34 AM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
the best invest is to have aftermarket car alarm
Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 AM
MisterC

Another rash of thefts this season.

I'm starting to think it's time for you guys to start welding your lugs to the studs...

But I hope everything works out for you, at least they were "courteous" enough to leave things undamaged. I would suggest investing in tilt sensors. Best you'll ever spend if you live in a high-risk area.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 AM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Sorry for your loss, sucks that low lifes have to ruin others nice things. I've noticed in most of these threads that they always leave the lug nuts on the ground next to the car, wonder why they don't take them? Could leave fingerprints on the lugs for evidence if they ever get caught, could still make a little extra selling the lugs with the wheels. Just seems odd to me. This is the reason why I wanted the impact sensor from Infiniti, but apparently it is no longer available =/
Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by jesse550
I live in an apartment complex too I've been thinking I live in a good area but I'm about to order some locks just to be safe....well safer than I am now at least.
I to live in a good area. I used to live in the apts nearby here but refused to get a 40k unless I got a apt with a garage or a house. Now after 4 years got a pretty decent house in the same area and always garage my car.

Originally Posted by Gville37
yea....wtf...last few threads....you see the title and already know whats about to happen..I too live in an apt complex and have vowed not to get my rims till i know for a fact my car will be sleeping in a garage.
IMO I think you should of saved up the money for a house or a apt with a garage. So that way you won't risk you're current wheels getting stolen.

Oh BTW it does not matter if you have wheels locks because they can get it off just as fast as a regular lug nut. Bet option would have to be garage your car these days. I say this because 1) I live in a city where rich people live and when I say rich I mean rich and I seen wheels get stolen off of lambo's, Astons, Porches in my area. Heck I seen one person get this wheels stolen twice in one year. So just because you live in a good area doesn't mean it won't happen.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
T.T another G gets it.... I need to install my viper soon....
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
MisterC

Originally Posted by Kevalteam
Agreed. I'd love to see the look on the thieve's face when he explains to the emergency room why he has poison running running through his system. "I was in the middle of stealing some sweet *** wheels when this snake came out of nowhere and bit me".

Or you could buy an alarm system, w/e not my money.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dang, so sorry to hear about another G being attacked.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevalteam
Originally Posted by MisterC
Agreed. I'd love to see the look on the thieve's face when he explains to the emergency room why he has poison running running through his system. "I was in the middle of stealing some sweet *** wheels when this snake came out of nowhere and bit me".

Or you could buy an alarm system, w/e not my money.

He's not talking about this:

He is referring to this:
Old 03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious

He's not talking about this:

He is referring to this:
Be sure to get the tilt sensor. And the proximity sensor. Smart start is a must for me as well because I get a text message everytime my alarm triggers
Old 03-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Everyone mentions about having a garage which is a great idea, however you're not always going to have it in there for protection. There's always the mall, theater, visiting a buddy, or even a resturant you parked at that lead you to becoming a victim.

I'm sure some of these guys could probably work for a NASCAR pit crew with the speed they take off wheels
Old 03-20-2012, 01:57 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Sorry man an here we go. Thrid thread i've seen in the last 4 days.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Once again I keep telling people you should not get a 40k car unless you have a garage.
Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw a Camry on cinder blocks. Not just our Gs are targeted.

Quick Reply: Yeah. Never thought it would happen