Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Stillen Gen 3 VS Takeda front Mount CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stillen Gen 3 VS Takeda front Mount CAI

Has anyone done the DIRECT comparison yet? I've been searching and all I can find is conversations about both. But I haven't found any direct data i.e. dyno, etc.

If you are not familiar with this (for some weird reason) this is the difference:

Stillen Gen 3:
https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...p3GDpp-psy0***

Takeda Long Tube CAI:
https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...DJUfP7iNlXC66k

Same design. The consensus is that the Takeda is designed better because of the lack of cutting needed. HOWEVER, I wonder if the ONE filter design (with 2 tubes competing for air) compared to the Stillen (2 filters but smaller) is better or worse.

Both claim about the same HP. 18.5 WHP for the Stillen and 19 HP (not specified as WHP or Crank HP) for the Takeda.

Im about to make the purchase and would like more information on a direct comparison.

If I did miss that this has been compared before, feel free to supply a link. I know this isn't NEW info so please forgive me if this is an old topic and has already been covered.

I was also thinking about purchasing a mid-length intake and purchasing 2 rubber connectors and 2 L-shaped pipes and running it to the front myself. That would be less expensive and render the same results LOL.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 03-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:16 PM
StigsG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm curious about the differences as well... In for the info
Old 03-02-2012, 05:34 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Most people on here will tell you to go with stillen. I have seen both and driven a g37 with both installed and in my honest opinion stillens is a little better quallity, but not worth the price difference. Both of those HP increases are bogus. They will both give you about 5 HP but both are compatible with the hypertech tuners new intake update, so you can get more power out of them. I went with the Takeda mostly because i didnt want to cut or modify anything and i know the guys and afe/takeda so they gave me a price i couldnt pass up. But in the end it comes down to to price or quality. Power gains are pretty close to identical and will both look and sound great under the hood. Hope this helps
Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Takeda hands down .. Stillen has major rubbing issues . I actuall sold my stillens for these ..
Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Fresh Mobile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m happy i went with r2c instead of stillen b/c of the installation and maintenance. r2c is a piece of cake to install and maintain and sounds awesom!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I was looking at both as well.. between the stillen and the takeda.. I was leaning towards Tekeda due to the lack of cutting. In the end I also went with R2C.

B2AutoDesigns is offering the Tekeda (with rainshield) for $429 if you go that route.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I live on Oregon and it rains 9 months out of the year .. No rain shield and no problems ..

Trending Topics

Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by BluestickG
Most people on here will tell you to go with stillen. I have seen both and driven a g37 with both installed and in my honest opinion stillens is a little better quallity, but not worth the price difference. Both of those HP increases are bogus. They will both give you about 5 HP but both are compatible with the hypertech tuners new intake update, so you can get more power out of them. I went with the Takeda mostly because i didnt want to cut or modify anything and i know the guys and afe/takeda so they gave me a price i couldnt pass up. But in the end it comes down to to price or quality. Power gains are pretty close to identical and will both look and sound great under the hood. Hope this helps
AWESOME!!!! Thanks bro! Very unbiased opinion.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Takeda hands down .. Stillen has major rubbing issues . I actuall sold my stillens for these ..
THANKS BRO! I think I PM'd you the same question but you answered it here.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by Fresh Mobile
I’m happy i went with r2c instead of stillen b/c of the installation and maintenance. r2c is a piece of cake to install and maintain and sounds awesom!!!!!!
Thanks bro!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by Xenolith666
I was looking at both as well.. between the stillen and the takeda.. I was leaning towards Tekeda due to the lack of cutting. In the end I also went with R2C.

B2AutoDesigns is offering the Tekeda (with rainshield) for $429 if you go that route.
Thanks bro!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 PM
jking

Takeda my choice I have it on my car great torque added
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 PM
egmmbah

Just my opinion but intakes actually can add a decent amount in our cars. . . I had injen short rams and hopped on a dyno and did a before and after and got 10WHP from them, I then fabricated my own cold airs and went back on the dyno and picked up 15WHP over my injens totalling 25 to the wheels over stock. . . I think companies like Stillen are extremely over priced and over rated I dont think they do any major R&D they just make some pipes fit in place and then dyno and display results which I feel are low we did different tests using all 3" then 2.5" then we did top half 2.75" leading into a 45 degree coupler to 3" and copied Stillens basic layout just changed diameter of piping and got better results then they did by far. . . Aluminum piping wholesale in different diameters as u-bends was only $180 with 45 degree couplers and I made more power then a $400-600 intake system and I am ACTUALLY dyno proven! Here is a link to my thread from my intakes. . . If you order the aluminum MAF sensor adapters they are $5 each and some piping and can weld decent or know someone who can just do it yourself only took about 2 hours. . .

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...-progress.html
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by jking
Takeda my choice I have it on my car great torque added
Thanks Bro!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by egmmbah
just my opinion but intakes actually can add a decent amount in our cars. . . I had injen short rams and hopped on a dyno and did a before and after and got 10whp from them, i then fabricated my own cold airs and went back on the dyno and picked up 15whp over my injens totalling 25 to the wheels over stock. . . I think companies like stillen are extremely over priced and over rated i dont think they do any major r&d they just make some pipes fit in place and then dyno and display results which i feel are low we did different tests using all 3" then 2.5" then we did top half 2.75" leading into a 45 degree coupler to 3" and copied stillens basic layout just changed diameter of piping and got better results then they did by far. . . Aluminum piping wholesale in different diameters as u-bends was only $180 with 45 degree couplers and i made more power then a $400-600 intake system and i am actually dyno proven! Here is a link to my thread from my intakes. . . If you order the aluminum maf sensor adapters they are $5 each and some piping and can weld decent or know someone who can just do it yourself only took about 2 hours. . .

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...-progress.html
nice!!!!!!!! Did u do any cutting or did u use the rubber couplers? Great job bro! This is XACTLY what I was thinking about doing.

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 03-03-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Stillen Gen 3 VS Takeda front Mount CAI