MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   G37 coupe and baby seats! (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/223985-g37-coupe-and-baby-seats.html)

BreezeRivera 07-15-2011 10:35 AM

G37 coupe and baby seats!

im new to the forums and i've seen threads about this already! BUT!!! there is nothing solid! i need the name of the brands and pictures! lol please help, i want to trade in my over weight charger for a new G37 coupe! and im expecting a new born later this year, so i need to turn my wife into a believer! my wife is around 5'4, 130lbs so i know she'll be fine with the seat a bit up.

PLEASE HELP!!

rks 07-15-2011 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by BreezeRivera (Post 3182072)
im new to the forums and i've seen threads about this already! BUT!!! there is nothing solid! i need the name of the brands and pictures! lol please help, i want to trade in my over weight charger for a new G37 coupe! and im expecting a new born later this year, so i need to turn my wife into a believer! my wife is around 5'4, 130lbs so i know she'll be fine with the seat a bit up.

PLEASE HELP!!

Just go to a Babbys R Us online or to a store. They all have to meet basic safety guidelines. You just want to make sure they are secured properly. I would just recommend seat protectors. Like this once you start 'forward-facing'. As you can see we have had good luck with Graco which provides a good product at a good price.

I have a sedan and with the 'bucket' seats in the back, and even our boosters are too wide but once the kids sit on them they fit fine.

BreezeRivera 07-15-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by rks (Post 3182078)
Just go to a Babbys R Us online or to a store. They all have to meet basic safety guidelines. You just want to make sure they are secured properly. I would just recommend seat protectors. Like this once you start 'forward-facing'. As you can see we have had good luck with Graco which provides a good product at a good price.

I have a sedan and with the 'bucket' seats in the back, and even our boosters are too wide but once the kids sit on them they fit fine.

im debating between cars, so i need to know which car fits well

rks 07-15-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by BreezeRivera (Post 3182080)
im debating between cars, so i need to know which car fits well

I would just borrow a seat and try it out in different cars or...

SWAGGER WAGON!!!!!!
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....gger-wagon.jpg

BreezeRivera 07-15-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by rks (Post 3182082)
I would just borrow a seat and try it out in different cars or...

SWAGGER WAGON!!!!!!
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....gger-wagon.jpg

lol @ the picture.

yes, ima do that

Eastern-G 07-15-2011 11:42 AM

Congrats on the upcoming little one!

Charger's a nice car - I grew up being driven around in a 70s era Charger. Wish I could have convinced my parents to keep the car to tinker with! Oh well.

Anyway, when my first baby was born, I had a G35 coupe and felt compelled to sell it and replace it with an M35x. The M35x was great, but I really wanted my coupe back. Since we already had an SUV, I went back to a G37 coupe a year later. I have no problems getting my 2.5 yr old daughter in and out - she loves climbing into the seat herself! Now that I have a 6 mo old son, I have a rear-facing baby seat on the passenger side as well. It's definitely not easy maneuvering a rear facing baby seat into the back, but it can be done! My wife is similar in height to yours - she is fine with the passenger seat almost completely forward. Basically, I have a Graco ComfortSport forward facing behind me (she can now kick me a bit) and a Graco SnugRide Infant rear-facing behind the passenger seat. Thankfully, I don't drive them to and from daycare every day (we now have a minivan too), but it can be done! Basically, keep asking forum members which seats work best, check out Infiniti's site, and test fit car seats into the G - bring ones you think you like or borrow friends' seats and test them out. The dealer will let you.

Here is a link to Infiniti's PDFs stating which seats work with their cars:
Infiniti Ownership | Snug Kids Safety Seat Fit Guide | Infiniti USA

Good luck!

Tainui 07-15-2011 11:46 AM

I had my son in the back of the coupe from 1-2yrs once he was big enough for the forward facing seat. It was doable but not fun. I don't want to think about how tough an infant/rear facing seat will be.

usndocgreen 07-15-2011 11:54 AM

Yeah man our infant rear facing seat is a Peg Perego which fits jsut fine, with the seat moved forward just a little (my wife still has plenty of leg room up front and my daughters graco front facing seat fits just fine next to it. I think we may load up my car this afternoon for a drive I will try and take some pics 4 u to make your wife a convert!

BreezeRivera 07-15-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by usndocgreen (Post 3182118)
Yeah man our infant rear facing seat is a Peg Perego which fits jsut fine, with the seat moved forward just a little (my wife still has plenty of leg room up front and my daughters graco front facing seat fits just fine next to it. I think we may load up my car this afternoon for a drive I will try and take some pics 4 u to make your wife a convert!

YES! ive heard so much of the Peg Perego! and pics would be awesome!:driving:

BreezeRivera 07-15-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Eastern-G (Post 3182107)
Congrats on the upcoming little one!

Charger's a nice car - I grew up being driven around in a 70s era Charger. Wish I could have convinced my parents to keep the car to tinker with! Oh well.

Anyway, when my first baby was born, I had a G35 coupe and felt compelled to sell it and replace it with an M35x. The M35x was great, but I really wanted my coupe back. Since we already had an SUV, I went back to a G37 coupe a year later. I have no problems getting my 2.5 yr old daughter in and out - she loves climbing into the seat herself! Now that I have a 6 mo old son, I have a rear-facing baby seat on the passenger side as well. It's definitely not easy maneuvering a rear facing baby seat into the back, but it can be done! My wife is similar in height to yours - she is fine with the passenger seat almost completely forward. Basically, I have a Graco ComfortSport forward facing behind me (she can now kick me a bit) and a Graco SnugRide Infant rear-facing behind the passenger seat. Thankfully, I don't drive them to and from daycare every day (we now have a minivan too), but it can be done! Basically, keep asking forum members which seats work best, check out Infiniti's site, and test fit car seats into the G - bring ones you think you like or borrow friends' seats and test them out. The dealer will let you.

Here is a link to Infiniti's PDFs stating which seats work with their cars:
Infiniti Ownership | Snug Kids Safety Seat Fit Guide | Infiniti USA

Good luck!

Thanks! i think the Peg Perego is the way to go.

Earlblaize 07-15-2011 12:27 PM

if you dont mind it being a little tight.. you should be fine.
but it is a little difficult to bring the infant in and out of the back seat.

BreezeRivera 07-15-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Earlblaize (Post 3182142)
if you dont mind it being a little tight.. you should be fine.
but it is a little difficult to bring the infant in and out of the back seat.

its gonna be sooooo worth it tho!

GPR-37s 07-15-2011 05:29 PM

Awesome thread... been thinking about this myself but haven't done research yet... expecting a little one too and I really want to keep my coupe...

Eastern-G 07-15-2011 06:37 PM

I'll try to get some pics of my setup in case it helps.

rks 07-15-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by BreezeRivera (Post 3182143)
its gonna be sooooo worth it tho!

I hope you are taking about having kids and not just the "opting for a coupe".

I wouldn't give up my kids for anything, I would drive the blandest of mommy-vans if required but trying to strap down a fussy 1 or 2 year old when it's pouring rain and you are their umbrella all while trying to contort your body to reach inside the coupe will try you. ;)