Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 coupe and baby seats!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I really really wanted a coupe, but alas I have kids (5 yr old and 2 yr old). Luckily the LE sedan came out and I really dug the red interior. As I was waiting to test drive a sedan I took a look inside the coupe and it confirmed my decision....it seemed like it would be a major PITA to get a kid in and out of a seat in the rear of the coupe. Not because of the size, but because the whole rear seat seems to be set so far back I felt like Id literally be throwing my kids into the car seats.

Incidentally, I have a Britax Marathon for the 2 yr old, and it sits so high that it blocks a small portion of the view from the rear view mirror. Its not a safety issue, but might be something to look out for, seats that are too tall.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:46 PM
BreezeRivera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eastern-G
I'll try to get some pics of my setup in case it helps.
that would be great!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
MWhiteV36

I would like to see these as well
Old 09-08-2011, 09:16 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any pics? Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2.5 month old daughter and 9 month old coupe. We use the Chicco Keyfit 30. The base does a great job leveling out the seat with the buckets. Loading is not so easy if you are tall, but not so bad for my wife.

Some devils advocate points:
-The sedan is lighter and faster. Probably easier to load, but we have issues with our TSX.
-My wife thinks that a 'vert would be the best/easiest lifestyle choice. Loading the seat with the top down would be a breeze. Also not the typical family car.

I do worry a little about kicking feet at older ages, but this coupe may be gone by that stage....
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I've put my pregnant wife, my 2 year old daughter and 3 year old son in the convertible. No problems. I even did a trip with my 3 year old son in the back in a car seat for 6 hours. No problems.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:58 PM
darkmatter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our family car was being serviced so we had to pack the kids in my G to get it when it was done.

My 2.5 year old sits forward (Britax Boulevard) but I figure since the seats where in the car I turn it around for the sake of some examples of how a rear facing sit may look/fit.

In the pics you will see I have it behind the drivers seat, I had to move the driver seat forward a little to allow the seat to sit properly. In this position I don't think it would be a comfortable ride for me considering I am not a small guy. I would imagine this is a better fit behind the passenger seat with a smaller person in the passenger seat.

Anyways hopefully these pics could help in some way.
Attached Thumbnails G37 coupe and baby seats!-seat1.jpg   G37 coupe and baby seats!-seat2.jpg  
Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Well fellas, I have a little one on the way and it's time to make a decision. Keep the coupe and struggle with babyseats, or sell the coupe and get a sedan of some sort. Thoughts?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

The g37 sedan has always intrigued me. The only problem is there are virtually no stick shifts in Houston. FAIL! I do want to keep my coupe though.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coupe is fine, sedan is ok. Small SUV easiest.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:18 AM
OnYourKnees

I have a 2 year old and an 8 year old, both ride in the coupe no problem. The 2 yo gets in and out by himself (he insists). Not sure if anyone mentioned this but there is a button on each of the front seats that moves them forward further for easier access. My 2 yo has been riding in the back since he was about 1.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Do you keep the car seat in their permanently or do you move it out every time?
Old 09-24-2018, 05:06 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone have luck? G coupe not mentioned under the infiniti kids snug guidelines or whatnot. I’d like to think i could bring a kid around in the G but they may not like the nearly welded diff in back anyways might just have to be the “throttle therapy” car for me
Old 09-25-2018, 12:14 PM
kidtronix
Build your own bandwagon.

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Here's the definitive (yet brief) list of car seat wisdom for ALL Infiniti coupes. I did the work so you don't have to!

Both of these seats have bases that sit perfectly into the coupe's narrow rear seats.

Chicco Keyfit Chicco Keyfit
for infants and small toddlers.

• Stupid-simple installation and use. Best out there.
• Compact and lightweight.
• Works best behind the passenger seat. *Only place behind driver seat if you're vertically challenged or twinning.
• Insertion and removal of base takes all of about ten seconds.
• Optional LATCH or seatbelt installation.
• The seat release latch is always within reach.
• You don't need to get into the car to insert/remove seat.
• Fast in and out of the car once the front seats are forward.
• TIP: slightly tilt up the foot area of the Chicco seat to slip it into or out of the car. This inserts/removes it without rubbing against interior panels.

Diono Radian RXT Diono Radian RXT
when they outgrow the Chicco.

• TSA approved. Folds flat to carry like a shoulder bag too, so you don't look like a schmuck lugging around a giant Britax seat in the airport like Bad Dad.
• Tall enough that it can become a booster seat.
• Unequaled construction, metal-reinforced construction, it is built to last for years and becomes a booster seat.
• LATCH or seatbelt installation is determined by you child's weight.
• Diono Radian seats are narrow enough to sit three-wide if you end up with three kids and an SUV.
• Diono seats are rare case of actually getting as much as you pay for.

If you have a BuyBuyBaby store around you they'll match online pricing, so find the lowest you can and print that out to take in-store. They're also part of the Bed Bath and Beyond company so they'll accept their coupons too.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Gavin17
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kidtronix
Here's the definitive (yet brief) list of car seat wisdom for ALL Infiniti coupes. I did the work so you don't have to!

Nice work and just in time. I'm hopefully picking up a coupe tomorrow. I have a 15 month old. My plan is to commute in the coupe and I'll only have to put a car seat in it occasionally but I didn't want to buy something that was impossible to hold her. I tested her rear facing infant seat and it worked fine but in 6 months or so i'll have to pick up a front facing baby seat that works well with the coupe. I'm 6'1 and I tested loading the baby in the seat. It was about what I expected. I'd get annoyed doing it 6 times a day but for occasional use shouldn't be an issue at all. If you see me post a coupe for sale next month you'll know I was wrong.

Quick Reply: G37 coupe and baby seats!