Sponsored By:

Spoiler Quest.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
LilRocket

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Spoiler Quest.

Hello all, just joined the site.

I'm looking into getting the rear spoiler for my G37 coupe. I was wondering if having the rear view camera or not had any effects on the switch?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LilRocket
Hello all, just joined the site.

I'm looking into getting the rear spoiler for my G37 coupe. I was wondering if having the rear view camera or not had any effects on the switch?
You'll need to make sure you get one with the camera cut out. Other than that, as long as it's for a coupe, you should be good to go.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
LilRocket

Originally Posted by CDONNS
You'll need to make sure you get one with the camera cut out. Other than that, as long as it's for a coupe, you should be good to go.
Thanks a lot
Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
SlateBlueG37x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought (well, leased, actually...) my G37x coupe in Dec. and am waiting for dealer delivery of my painted spoiler WITH camera but w/o brake light since, of course, there's one on the rear deck. This is my first back-up cam and although I don't rely on it much. -- I'm so used to turning around to check behind me, guess I'm old school -- I guess it's one of those options I'll grow into.

I guess the boys here on this forum would say the cam on the spoiler ruins the overall look & purpose. I'd rather have a small hole (camera) there than a light.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
LilRocket

Originally Posted by SlateBlueG37x
Bought (well, leased, actually...) my G37x coupe in Dec. and am waiting for dealer delivery of my painted spoiler WITH camera but w/o brake light since, of course, there's one on the rear deck. This is my first back-up cam and although I don't rely on it much. -- I'm so used to turning around to check behind me, guess I'm old school -- I guess it's one of those options I'll grow into.

I guess the boys here on this forum would say the cam on the spoiler ruins the overall look & purpose. I'd rather have a small hole (camera) there than a light.
Yeah I have a week with mines & I'm finally starting to get used to reversing with the camera, I catch myself looking back now & then lol. But I haven't decided on wheather to get the spoiler with the brake light
Old 04-25-2011, 10:12 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...0-spoiler.html

This one is nice, and its cheap, but I guess they don't make them anymore. Looking for a used one.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 PM
LilRocket

Originally Posted by MyocyteX
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...0-spoiler.html

This one is nice, and its cheap, but I guess they don't make them anymore. Looking for a used one.
My infiniti dealer quoted me one w/o cam for $500 & $600 w/ cam. I looked extensively for cheaper but I guess I'll go for the OEM part
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My infiniti dealer quoted me one w/o cam for $500 & $600 w/ cam. I looked extensively for cheaper but I guess I'll go for the OEM part
you should be able to get it for $500 or less here's the OEM pn: K6030-JL16B , Rear Deck Spoiler - Liquid Platinum, For vehicles with navigation, Pre-painted in factory color.
good luck
Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 PM
LilRocket

Originally Posted by cvipgo
you should be able to get it for $500 or less here's the OEM pn: K6030-JL16B , Rear Deck Spoiler - Liquid Platinum, For vehicles with navigation, Pre-painted in factory color.
good luck
Rear SpoilerLiquid Platinum K6030-JL16B

That link was broken, but their new site has the spoiler going for $530 for the 2009 coupe, would that fit the 2008 as well?
Old 04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Rear SpoilerLiquid Platinum K6030-JL16B

That link was broken, but their new site has the spoiler going for $530 for the 2009 coupe, would that fit the 2008 as well?
Double check with any Infiniti dealer or just call the dealer.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:14 PM
SlateBlueG37x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear spoiler came in: Dealer Screw-Up???

After researching rear spoilers on this forum, I asked my dealership to order an OEM rear deck spoiler, factory-painted Blue Slate for my 2011 G37x coupe, specifically WITH the back up cam but WITOUT the rear brake light. (F.W.I.W., I have nav & prem.)

Got a call today that the spoiler is in, and dealer sent me a pic of what it would look like. I hope the attached photo comes through.

Looks to me like this is NOT what I ordered. (Looks like it has the rear brake light). Dealer says, "oh, it's just a little strip of clear plastic, it doesn't detract from the look of the spoiler").

I'm thinking, no, this is not what I ordered. So again I ask you fellas, is there a factory-made, already painted rear spoiler WITHOUT the brake light but WITH the camera? And does anyone know the part number for Slate Blue 2011 coupe?

Thanks. This was going to be the first mod to my new car. I'm heartbroken if this is the wrong thing.

(And I'm a noob to the forum. Thanks, boys.)<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
Attached Thumbnails Spoiler Quest.-oem-rear-spoiler-2011-g37x.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
cvipgo
Banned

I'm thinking, no, this is not what I ordered. So again I ask you fellas, is there a factory-made, already painted rear spoiler WITHOUT the brake light but WITH the camera? And does anyone know the part number for Slate Blue 2011 coupe?

(And I'm a noob to the forum. Thanks, boys.)<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
"OEM spoiler don't come without the rear stop light."
You can black out the clear stop light lens for the look.
you should double check the part no: K6030-JL11B
good luck
Old 04-30-2011, 03:07 PM
LilRocket

After researching rear spoilers on this forum, I asked my dealership to order an OEM rear deck spoiler, factory-painted Blue Slate for my 2011 G37x coupe, specifically WITH the back up cam but WITOUT the rear brake light. (F.W.I.W., I have nav & prem.)

Got a call today that the spoiler is in, and dealer sent me a pic of what it would look like. I hope the attached photo comes through.

Looks to me like this is NOT what I ordered. (Looks like it has the rear brake light). Dealer says, "oh, it's just a little strip of clear plastic, it doesn't detract from the look of the spoiler").

Thanks. This was going to be the first mod to my new car. I'm heartbroken if this is the wrong thing.

Looks like you're out of luck. As for me it is exactly what I want & can't wait to get it !!!