G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37s squeeky brakes, leaky sunroof, service reccomendations, Navigation updates.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Prestonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37s squeeky brakes, leaky sunroof, service reccomendations, Navigation updates.

Greeetings fellow speeders:

Thought I would throw out a bunch of questions and see what kind of information I get back. Love the car, but nothings perfect.

1-I have the first year G37S and the first little nagging thing is the squeeking brakes when I back out of my garage each morning along with oher places. Only happens when I am just starting out and its annoying. The dealer has always told me that's just how they are and they can't do anything. 48K on it now and they can pound sand if they think I'm paying the full pop for brakes. Anyone have any advice or experience?

2-My sunroof will slightly leak if I take it through one of those touchless car washes. It also will make this quiet little flexing noise when I'm going over things like speed bumps at low speeds. They have adjusted it, but it always comes back. Anyone else have this problem?

3-Does anyone besides me think its legal extortion when they press you to change your wipers, interior air filters and every other thing when you drive another 15K? Just wondering if I should try a Nissan dealer? I do want it to stay trouble free and I drive it fast, but just think the dealer charges WAY too much. I'm in San Diego if anyone knows a good shop.

4-Does the dealer really want 200 bucks to update my navigation system? Any way aorund this??? Seems kind of expensive for a software update.

Thanks for any help. I did want to add one thing. My stock Bridgstones were cornering machines, but I replace with the "other" Bridgestone model offered as I read here that they lasted longer and did better in the rain. I would probably have stayed with the stock ones if I had it to do over again. I'm sure these ride "a little" nicer and will last but I miss how tight they hugged the corners. Still does a good job, but it used ride corners like it was on rails...

Even with the troubles its still a whole lotta fun to drive!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1. not much can be done with OEM brakes

2. grease the seals to renew them. Seals do dry out if they're not maintained.

3. you're always welcome to go to an independent mechanic or turn down the services.

4. Unless you specifically need it, pass on that too.

You're one of the few who actually appreciate the stock tires for what they are. 90% of the board just complain that they're loud and wear out too quickly. Makes me wonder why they got the sport package and/or got a sporty car to begin with...
Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Prestonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks...

Originally Posted by Mike
1. not much can be done with OEM brakes

2. grease the seals to renew them. Seals do dry out if they're not maintained.

3. you're always welcome to go to an independent mechanic or turn down the services.

4. Unless you specifically need it, pass on that too.

You're one of the few who actually appreciate the stock tires for what they are. 90% of the board just complain that they're loud and wear out too quickly. Makes me wonder why they got the sport package and/or got a sporty car to begin with...
Thanks Mike!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Sena

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Prestonator
Greeetings fellow speeders:

Thought I would throw out a bunch of questions and see what kind of information I get back. Love the car, but nothings perfect.

1-I have the first year G37S and the first little nagging thing is the squeeking brakes when I back out of my garage each morning along with oher places. Only happens when I am just starting out and its annoying. The dealer has always told me that's just how they are and they can't do anything. 48K on it now and they can pound sand if they think I'm paying the full pop for brakes. Anyone have any advice or experience?

2-My sunroof will slightly leak if I take it through one of those touchless car washes. It also will make this quiet little flexing noise when I'm going over things like speed bumps at low speeds. They have adjusted it, but it always comes back. Anyone else have this problem?

3-Does anyone besides me think its legal extortion when they press you to change your wipers, interior air filters and every other thing when you drive another 15K? Just wondering if I should try a Nissan dealer? I do want it to stay trouble free and I drive it fast, but just think the dealer charges WAY too much. I'm in San Diego if anyone knows a good shop.

4-Does the dealer really want 200 bucks to update my navigation system? Any way aorund this??? Seems kind of expensive for a software update.

Thanks for any help. I did want to add one thing. My stock Bridgstones were cornering machines, but I replace with the "other" Bridgestone model offered as I read here that they lasted longer and did better in the rain. I would probably have stayed with the stock ones if I had it to do over again. I'm sure these ride "a little" nicer and will last but I miss how tight they hugged the corners. Still does a good job, but it used ride corners like it was on rails...

Even with the troubles its still a whole lotta fun to drive!
1. i'm working on something to stop this. it'll be a while. but we'll see. nothing can be done for the time being.
2. i agree ^
also the creaking will always be there.
3. change it yourself. its cheaper and it's easy.
4. no idea about getting around the navi update.