G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Are all G coupe owners Douchey A-holes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:55 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G's are pretty common in my area, particularly 35s. I don't go out of my way to wave or make contact with them all. But if I see one modded nicely, and I can tell they take good care of their car, I will give them a headnod. I've ran into a few guys at gas stations and such, and it is nice to talk a little shop with them. Then again...that happens just as much with owners of BMW, Audi, etc, I seem to talk to just car enthusiasts in general when I'm out and about.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Anytime I see a modded G I get the head nod and usually its someone in my car club. I see tons of unmoded G's and they are not doing "the gangster lean" in fact its usually a middle aged woman or old dude and I know they dont give a **** about me or the car I am driving. Truth is that the people on this forum only represent a very small portion of the G owners out there and yes half of them are not "car guys" but isnt that what the forum is for, for people to learn?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM
ncpalafox
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
every CARmunity will have their douchy a-holes, regular drivers, and true end of enthusiasts. I came from driving a tastefully (IMO) modded mk4 gti and we get our stereotypes all the time from others when in reality everyone has their own personality.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol move to a better place. I always get thumbs up. And nods.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up and nods* fcking phone. And I go to school in LA, the least friendly city on the planet.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
ViPaDawG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TripleBlack37S
I hear you. There are a billion infinitis around DC. I just mean coupe drivers. I (wrongfully) assumed we are all car fanatics. I guess it's just another car to mist people in affluent areas.
That's what it is bud. Don't take it personally.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
TripleBlack37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol, I'm not saying I'm waving to grandma in an m45... I'm saying young guys in g coupes... Those are the people i assume to be car guys... Why else drive this car? I don't think it would hurt for people to be friendlier in general. Whats a polite wave or head nod costing you?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
TripleBlack37S

If anything I've learned from this thread: I need to start modding the car so I can wave to other modded G's at least! Lol :-P
Old 01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think lots of people have gz just caust its a g but dont no anything about the car and are not part of any forum, those are the d bags, us g owners on the forums are different but i did flip off a ricer the other day lol
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
infamousstunna1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
G's are pretty common in my area, particularly 35s. I don't go out of my way to wave or make contact with them all. But if I see one modded nicely, and I can tell they take good care of their car, I will give them a headnod. I've ran into a few guys at gas stations and such, and it is nice to talk a little shop with them. Then again...that happens just as much with owners of BMW, Audi, etc, I seem to talk to just car enthusiasts in general when I'm out and about.
+1 ! I agree 100% there. I'm basically in the same boat. I get 35's rev their car back and forth all the time. I did have one guy(35)beep his horn to acknowledge me as he cruised by me and I threw up a set of deuces.
But for the most part, just like Ivory G, I indulge in some gear-head-talk at stop lights and gas stations.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
TheIvoryG

Originally Posted by tripleblack37s
if anything i've learned from this thread: I need to start modding the car so i can wave to other modded g's at least! Lol :-p
ding ding ding!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Triple_X

I often pull up to the redlight and tilt my brim, get into gangster lean position then rev my engine. If they don't rev back or wave I then verbally challenge them to a fistfight. I feel your pain OP
Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by Triple_X
I often pull up to the redlight and tilt my brim, get into gangster lean position then rev my engine. If they don't rev back or wave I then verbally challenge them to a fistfight. I feel your pain OP
Old 01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
eh, you'll always have those kids that their mommy and daddy bought their infiniti for them and have absolutely no respect or appreciation for what they have. I'll get the random G bone stock but bobbing and weaving or doing a flyby to feel big and "mocho". These are the people that give Nissan/Infiniti owners a bad name.

On the 35 forums and here I've met a GREAT group of guys that i keep in contact almost daily. In the winter months I don't see them much since up here in MN our cars go into hibernation, but every one of them are great guys, couldn't say a bad thing about a single one of them.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by Triple_X
Now that I'm TT now I find myself layin low and waiting for the other guy to rev or say something then I just blow the doors off his car

Quick Reply: Are all G coupe owners Douchey A-holes?