Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Throttle Lag

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 12:48 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
The Chevron Techron concentrate is good stuff, you are expecting a miracle in a bottle which it isn't. Still a great idea to use it periodically in any car.
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
The Chevron Techron concentrate is good stuff, you are expecting a miracle in a bottle which it isn't. Still a great idea to use it periodically in any car.

yup, its to keep your injectors and fuel system clean, and it does a good job of that - it won't fix software issues.

i was almost turned off to the G37 - the first one i test drove felt VERY laggy and like it was down 100hp.

then i drove the xS i ended up getting, and it was a completely different car. the throttle is almost too touchy ... gas mileage isn't so great, but at least its fun to drive.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:12 PM
audiRS4ever
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
yup, its to keep your injectors and fuel system clean, and it does a good job of that - it won't fix software issues.

i was almost turned off to the G37 - the first one i test drove felt VERY laggy and like it was down 100hp.

then i drove the xS i ended up getting, and it was a completely different car. the throttle is almost too touchy ... gas mileage isn't so great, but at least its fun to drive.
oh, how I envy that!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Spgoode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
It was nearly miraculous for me. My car was running rough on cold start ups and hesitating until the engine was warm. Both of these issues were gone soon after adding Techron. It also feels stronger at high rpm's.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Tony Gutowski
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,
Is there not a fix? Some say grounding kit, some say reflash ECU or get a tune, and some say use the Chevron Techron. My car was shifting well at first, then it slowly got worse and worse. Then one time at the dealer, it came back wonderful but eventually got worse and worse again. They can't replicate or identify (or acknowledge) the issue. I have tried resetting the ECU and the TPS but to no avail. I have a K&N Typhoon intake, custom exhaust and Hypertech chip, and the car runs great, but you have to give it half a second, or more to pick a gear. Maybe the solenoids? I have heard Nissan doesn't use good ones. I did a solenoid pack replacement on a Sentra (4speed auto) and it shifts really great now. There has to be a solution to get back to where the transmission or throttle works properly again. Any updates?
Old 05-08-2018, 01:58 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
@Tony if you think your car was shifting well at first, then it slowly progressively became worse, that's because the ecu learned your driving habits. That's why when dealer reset your ecu, you thought it was good again.

Tuning your car will help but if you're talking about the random 1-2 seconds hesitation before gear change, that's just something you need to live with. I think it's just inherent of torque conversion transmission.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:47 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
It's inherent to the TCU. I use manual mode to combat that POS.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Seafoam through brake booster before changing plugs
Old 05-08-2018, 09:30 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I get that lag even in manual mode. I always figure it was the torque conversion.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:50 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
There's throttle lag, then there's shift lag. Most people who complain of throttle lag really mean shift lag. Manual mode helps a lot to overcome the TCU fuel saving programming. You can do nothing about shift speed except with a tune that raises line pressure. Even then, the TCU sticks its big, fat nose into the proceedings.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:16 AM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Grounding kits, fuel treatments, shift solenoids, total waste of your mental energy.

The car is "lagging" because it is programmed to. People need to realize this and stop hoping for voodoo magic to fix it.

My new-to-me 2014 Q60 did it to me recently. You gotta let the car know you mean business. Every morning, I give my car "the beans", apply more than 50% throttle frequently, occasionally go WOT for a short time confirming that it'll rapidly downshift to the lowest gear possible. It hasn't lagged in a while. It knows I mean business. When I go WOT it is very aggressive about getting the lowest gear possible, I have seen it go right to 6500 rpm on a multi-gear downshift.
Yes, it SUCKS that the TCU will become insubordinate to your command. You gotta keep reminding the TCU who is boss. A reset is nice, but I haven't reset mine, my procedure keeps the TCU "in line".
The following users liked this post:
MurderdogQ (06-14-2019)
Old 05-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Gutowski
Then one time at the dealer, it came back wonderful but eventually got worse and worse again.

that's because someone at the dealer took it to lunch and drove the snot out of it.

as takemorepills said above, if you drive like grandma on Quaaludes, don't expect it to be snappy and responsive. i guess mine is, because i drive like a lunatic.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:33 AM
Belial 71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was scrolling thru Facebook this evening and found a post by “pedal commander “plugs into the ecu and supposedly eliminates throttle lag the reviews on it are excellent but I’m thinking a little more research would be needed before dropping 300 unless any of you are using this product I may be the ginnie pig lol
Old 05-17-2018, 02:45 PM
YBS
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is my first post here after lurking for a while. I found this article on Reddit about throttle lag on drive x wire vehicles. Hopefully no one else has posted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...n_drivebywire/
Old 11-30-2018, 09:52 AM
Corvette114
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE! have you found a fix to this yet????

Quick Reply: Throttle Lag